Fukushima nuclear; sign a green electricity contract!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Fukushima nuclear; sign a green electricity contract!

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 14:39

Everything is in the title.

Following the nuclear accident underway in Japan at the Fukushima Daiichi and Fukushima Daini plants, I propose the following to all those who are worried by this catastrophe and who continue, despite good sandstone, to finance the nuclear: stop funding nuclear and take a green electricity contract !!

For Belgians at Electrabel, it's here: http://www.electrabel.be/residential/pr ... ion=splash

I sign on! (hey, I was not there yet ...)

To be followed ... in particular to all the anti-nuclear militants whose paradox number 1 is generally to continue financing the nuclear! https://www.econologie.com/forums/catastroph ... 10584.html

ps: a green contract may not be perfect but it is easy and better than nothing and with us the additional cost is low, even "negative" (we are already at 22 cts / kWh for 60% nuclear power yes! !) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 15:06

Copy pasted from: https://www.econologie.com/forums/catastroph ... 10584.html

sen-no-sen wrote:For my part, it has already been done, but I must admit that the principle of the "consumer vote" (making things change by choosing to buy) annoys me to the highest point, and proves that we are now in a situation “Merchant Citizenship” approach. : Evil:

I recall in passing that it was a gentleman (currently Head of State) who had decided (in agreement with Areva of course) when he was Minister of Industry for the energy orientation of France (almost all Nuke) in defiance of the "Vox populi" and the more virtuous choices that could have resulted from it ....

My answer:

sen-no-sen wrote:For my part, it has already been done, but I must admit that the principle of the "consumer vote" (making things change by choosing to buy) annoys me to the highest point, and proves that we are now in a situation “Merchant Citizenship” approach. : Evil:

I do not understand very well; it is the only valid and durable method against the abuses of lobbies ...

sen-no-sen wrote:I recall in passing that it was a gentleman (currently Head of State) who had decided (in agreement with Areva of course) when he was Minister of Industry for the energy orientation of France (almost all Nuke) in defiance of the "Vox populi" and the more virtuous choices that could have resulted from it ....

Exactly the consumer vote is what counts economically! So the vox populi can be heard in this way!

So let's dream a bit; what would happen if 10 million French people signed a green contract in 2011? I mean, could Edf follow? Where would the nuclear kWh pass?
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 03 / 11, 15: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/03/11, 15:24

Christophe wrote:I do not understand very well; it is the only valid and durable method against the abuses of lobbies ...

Yes, I agree with you, but you find this situation normal in a regime qualified as "democratic".
In a responsible society, citizens should be able to choose through the ballot boxes and not through their RIB!

Christophe wrote:So let's dream a bit; what would happen if 10 million French people signed a green contract in 2011? I mean, could Edf follow? Where would the nuclear kWh pass?

We are in the dream indeed, as well as the fact of withdrawing money from banks to collapse the system ... result: :?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 15:41

sen-no-sen wrote:We are in the dream indeed, as well as the fact of withdrawing money from banks to collapse the system ... result: :?

Okay not agree, if there is a real will to "clean" manufacturers will have to adapt ...

According to the quotes on the link electrabel go green should make me win a chouilla (10 € / year) compared to nuke 60% is for 4000kWh (some will jump is double in France):

All inclusive it is still at 25 cts / kWh (nuke or green) ... there are some who grease in Belgium ... :|
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 13/03/11, 15:47

Christophe wrote:

Okay not agree, if there is a real will to "clean" the manufacturers will have to adapt ..

This is the problem, industry know well that the will of citizens is almost absent.
As for the nuclear, the situation is even worse than with climate change, I-e-foutisme is general!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 16:11

sen-no-sen wrote:the industrialists know that the will of the citizens is almost absent.

So we all do this forum, party of the "quasi" ... : Cheesy:

Are green offers offered if they did not care?

Good will change my contract!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 16:38

As an example of the "downside" mentioned above, here is an article from the equivalent of the INC / UFC Que Choisir on the "quality of vertitude" ( :D ) green electricity in Belgium:

Green electricity: not so green as that

The so-called 100% green electricity is not necessarily, or only partially. You can, by your choice of supplier, support the policy of a company that favors the development of renewable energy. In any case, you are entitled to more transparent information about the exact source of the electricity you buy.

* Article: Green electricity: not so green!
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... hI00Jo.pdf

* Our press release on green electricity
http://www.test-achats.be/energie/contr ... 704823.htm

Compare electricity rates

You can support renewable energy through your choice of energy supplier. But take the trouble to compare the prices of different suppliers. Opting for the most advantageous formula will allow you to make great savings. As a Test-Achats subscriber, you can even sometimes benefit from an exclusive advantage.

* Energy: who will become your supplier?
http://www.test-achats.be/serviceSelector/energy/fr/

Collaboration with Greenpeace

Some supplier gives more interest to renewable energy; another prefers to invest in conventional energy sources, which are more polluting in CO2 emissions. Based on this idea, we compared the suppliers present in Belgium in collaboration with Greenpeace.

* Classification and description of energy suppliers
http://www.greenpeace.org/belgium/fr/electricite-verte/

The Greenpeace evaluation method

Greenpeace has already been using a method since 2003 to assess the extent to which the policy of energy suppliers is really "green". If you want to know more about what the environmental organization takes into account, watch the video clip.

* Video: Greenpeace's Methodology for Evaluating Energy Suppliers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okj8fXsWdCI

http://www.test-achats.be/energie/elect ... 704643.htm

Results:

36/100 for Electrabel (the reverse would have surprised me from..GdF Suez ...), in short I will look elsewhere before transferring "pseudo vert" to them ...
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 13/03/11, 17:22

In France there is indeed Enercoop, that said, for reduced stock markets, it is still an extra compared to EDF and others ... for my part, I have trouble to cross the cap.
0 x
Frederic
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/11, 17:28

How much more per year? A few hundred €? How much is the kWh?

Would surprise me that it is as expensive as what we pay here for nuke: 25cts / kWh !!
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 13/03/11, 18:53

See the table below:

A few tens of extra euros a year are still a few extra euros Christophe!

However, I asked for a file to study this more specifically.

@+
0 x
Frederic