Failure (ignition) Berlingo essence

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 06/01/11, 21:47

Hello Alain.

What makes this wear is the circulation of élèctrons.
The coil always circulates them in the same direction.
Let's say that they arrive at the center electrode of one, cross the space to reach the base, arrive at the base of the 2nde, cross the space to join the central elec and come back to the coil by the 2nd wire .
This wear was clearly seen on the 2cv because the quality of the electrodes was not as good as today.

jlg
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 06/01/11, 21:50

Actually I cheated ..... 0.9mm :?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/01/11, 22:21

This spark wear is used for the machining of parts by spark, or electroerosion which cuts single crystals without leaving constraints on the surface contrary to milling or turning.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lectro-%C3%A9rosion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical ... _machining
http://rdm.cnrs.fr/IMG/pdf/pres-electro ... incipe.pdf

So all the candles wear out and are to be fixed !!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 06/01/11, 22:24

AXEAU wrote:Hello Alain.

What makes this wear is the circulation of élèctrons.
The coil always circulates them in the same direction.
Let's say that they arrive at the center electrode of one, cross the space to reach the base, arrive at the base of the 2nde, cross the space to join the central elec and come back to the coil by the 2nd wire .
This wear was clearly seen on the 2cv because the quality of the electrodes was not as good as today.

jlg

I still do not understand!

The spark lasts a few microseconds and the voltage goes to 2 candles at the same time but the spark takes the shortest way on the most conductive candle but it is faster than the time of the spark jumps on the other candle that did not light yet and that becomes the most conductive due to the unlit mixture that is more conductive and all this alternates several times in a simple ignition time!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 06/01/11, 22:25

Perhaps we should ask ourselves what would happen if we reversed the polarity? That would be the other electrode that would eat more? (Assume huh, not shoot ... and not try to do it, hi, hi, hi ...)

(it's just a question: you shouldn't do it, eh, because in this case that would mean that the mass "-" would become the "+", everything would roast amha)
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 06/01/11, 22:39

Well yes Obamot.
When I pampered my clients a bit during a review and saw myself after cleaning the candles and put them back in the same place, I simply reversed the + reel wire with the one of the breakers so as not to restart them.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 07/01/11, 16:30

Flytox wrote: On 2CV candles are damaged particularly fast. If you want to start well and have the vertiginous top speed announced by the manufacturer must change the candles every 5000 km! : Cry: : Shock: : Evil:

On the 2cv, the candles hold much better if we use an electronic ignition because the duration of the spark although 2x more powerful is much shorter ... and the duration of the candles also depends on their quality ...
The vertiginous top speed manufacturer (115km / h chrono, 602cc engine and 29cv) is very well held (no wind and flat) and reduced average consumption with electronic ignition, moreover the Visa engine, which is a driving force. 2cv improved (652cc and 34cv) allowed to easily hold the 130 on highway (140 maxi meter and more 150 wind in the back while Citroën modestly announced 125km / h max ...) with a conso 6L / 100 highway: I did 130 000km basically big trips in LNA 652cc ... : Lol:
0 x