Cyberlegality: Wikileaks hosted at OVH in France

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/10, 06:47

Wow!

That's it, sources are multiplying according to which "Responsibility" for dissemination of information would fall on "sprinkler".

RIA Novosti, MOSCOW, December 8 wrote:Responsibility for the dissemination of American diplomatic documents does not rest with the founder of the WikiLeaks site, Julian Assange, but with the authorities of the United States, estimates the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs, Kevin Rudd.

"Mr. Assange is not personally responsible for the unauthorized posting of 250.000 US diplomatic cables. The responsibility lies with the Americans.", he said on Wednesday.

http://fr.rian.ru/world/20101208/188064881.html

Alea jacta is ... somewhere: the internet is becoming an integral part of "THE" press, as a real media (by that I mean ... and no longer just exclusively as a vector).

If this continues positively, we are moving towards a new revolution in thinking around the media, the way of conceiving information (and defining what information is), of disseminating it (who holds it, where , when, how and why) and how to consume it! [joke mode "ON"] Will we see appear as in the weather forecast, a "Credibility index"... ["OFF"]

In short it moves a max, already more than 1.000 mirror sites according to AFP ...> ...never seen (?)

nouvelleobs.com, 08/12/10 21:21 PM wrote:"This is the first time that we have observed an attempt at international censorship of a site whose primary vocation is transparency," said Reporters Without Borders. "We can only be stunned by the fact that countries like France and the United States are suddenly aligning their free speech policy with that of China," RSF continued.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... ation.html

Even more enormous:

La Tribune.fr - 06/12/2010, 17:15 wrote:Wikileaks: justice leaves the French host OVH before its responsibilities
The high courts of Paris and Lille said they were unable to decide on the lawful of the Wikileaks site
This thread poses so many bad questions, that justice declares forfeit to answer them. Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 12:28

Logical and predictable responses to Assange's voluntary arrest ...

Visa and Mastercard targeted by WikiLeaks-related hack

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/actualit ... leaks.html

Cyber ​​attacks to protest Assange's arrest

http://www.courrierinternational.com/br ... -d-assange

"Operation riposte": attacks will continue, says Anonymous

http://www.lemonde.fr/technologies/arti ... 51865.html

Are we going to the Virtual Fight Club and its Chaos Project? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 12:47

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/10, 12:58

We are moving towards an ever greater awareness of the way we design and consume information. Let's say that this is what we can observe with very limited capacities (... some "spots" among billions of wouebs pages ...)! So this is not a rule ... but some trends of which WikiLeaks opens certain aspects ...

So with Assange, we are already in the "shoot & share": or "I tear off the info and I share it with you". The notion of "Image rights" will be found (has been found) modified.

This is just a trend underlined by what is already being done with community sites which have become dissemination platforms! Born from the very habits of the users: this is what makes (a) a decisive step.

... with the possibility of entering texts and images of any kind with your mobile phone and instantly balancing them on the fly, on a FaceBouc or Twybidule account:

[Edit] The operation "Pay Back" (ie "giving change") also starts from the same reflex, right?
Last edited by Obamot the 09 / 12 / 10, 14: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 14:01

Speaking of consumption of information, I still don't understand how some journalists still dare to say (still read this morning) that 250 diplomatic telegrams HAVE been broadcast ... when in fact not even 000 have actually been broadcast. ..

So why?

Willing to pipo the info?
Incompetence ("I'm not checking the info, I'm lazy")?
Looking for the sensational? (it's more "classy" to lie talking about 250 texts than to tell the truth by saying 000 ...)
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/12/10, 14:04

What if this affair was not another scheme of the American government to achieve the gagging of the Internet as they plan to do ????????????????????? : Evil:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/10, 14:13

This is precisely one of the main issues in this case.

As soon as it turned out that "Responsibility" for the dissemination of information rests with "the sprinkler". I am not sure how they can achieve their goals.

Besides, the multiplication of “private militias” to blur the information trail after 9/11 is probably at the origin of the ire which followed around occult practices - those widely denounced in the media - including WikiLeaks is ultimately only the developer.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/10, 14:13

Alain G wrote:What if this affair was not another scheme of the American government to achieve the gagging of the Internet as they plan to do ????????????????????? : Evil:

The hypothesis was mentioned above ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/12/10, 14:18

Christophe wrote:Speaking of consumption of information, I still don't understand how some journalists still dare to say (still read this morning) that 250 diplomatic telegrams HAVE been broadcast ... when in fact not even 000 have actually been broadcast. ..

So why?

Willing to pipo the info?
Incompetence ("I'm not checking the info, I'm lazy")?
Looking for the sensational? (it's more "classy" to lie talking about 250 texts than to tell the truth by saying 000 ...)

Incompetence, follow-through, laziness, allegiance to the system, unsuitable theoretical models ... whatever you want ...

In the same vein, why Ouattara is still designated as "Opponent" and not "elected" (and even by the United Nations, which nevertheless firmly denounced Gbagbo)? Somewhere, it is as if implicitly these journalists did not recognize the result of a democratic election, even though the international community - faced with the evidence and results - the reception as elected? We saw live on television the intimidation of Gbagbo's henchmen at work in an attempt to prevent the publication of the results by the Electrorale Commission ... Inadmissible! Scandalous! Fascist!
To understand nothing !? Coarse mistakes like this, we see them every day, no?
Last edited by Obamot the 09 / 12 / 10, 14: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/12/10, 14:31

Christophe wrote:
Alain G wrote:What if this affair was not another scheme of the American government to achieve the gagging of the Internet as they plan to do ????????????????????? : Evil:

The hypothesis was mentioned above ...

Okay, but it bothers me very much because it looks dirty!

Why stretch the sauce and not just drop documents suddenly and over torrents?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"