Water heater connection to electric cumulus

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 24/11/10, 19:33

the expansion tank prevents overpressures if your boiler heats the water too much. It compensates for the expansion of the water and at the same time will save you a few m3 of water each year by preventing the safety group of the balloon spitting in the sewer.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/10, 19:41

Yes pitmix but it is necessary to distinguish 2 types of expansion tank:

a) that of the heating circuit which is essential because the heating circuit is a closed circuit. Some old houses (I would say before the 60s) have expansion tanks on the top floor (heated) which consists of a simple blocked tube with a reserve of air (which can cause problems when the air is bar, by diffusion in the network water or leak ...).

b) that of the DHW circuit which is essential only if there is a non-return valve at the level of the general water meter (more and more frequent). Otherwise the circuit can be considered open and therefore no problem of overpressure.
0 x
zorglub
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by zorglub » 24/11/10, 21:25

the expansion tank is made to compensate for the expansions of the heating water (cold, the volume is smaller)
you can have an open or closed expansion tank
and possibly degassing 'the trapped air will rise in the vase
0 x
every morning you look naked in a large ice after 3 minutes you will see that your home and your worst picture ......
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/11/10, 22:44

All written answer:
http://www.climamaison.com/vase-d-expan ... 20&subk=94:
The expansion tank is a device capable of absorbing variations in the volume of water in a heating circuit as a function of temperature.
Water expands when heated, creating an increase in pressure in the heating circuit.
The expansion tank allows this excess pressure to be absorbed to avoid deterioration of the circuit while keeping it sealed, unlike a safety valve which relieves pressure on the installation by letting the supercharged fluid escape.

And which avoids constantly putting back the water thus lost, as we see when the expansion tank is dead and the pressure tumbles quickly!
0 x
colzafranck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by colzafranck » 25/11/10, 14:03

Okay, thank you guys, I'm going to go get this balloon and follow your advice for installation. Thermo valve + expansion tank. This idea has been trotting in my head for quite some time, the process has started : Cheesy:
0 x
colzafranck
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by colzafranck » 27/11/10, 22:34

0 x