Okofen heating curve adjustment, lower consumption?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/11, 21:28

Alain G wrote:
What I notice being a member and reader here from the very beginning, is that you consume more liters of fuel oil or any other source of energy for the same surface to be heated as us while you have very complex heating systems , you also pay your systems much more than us, sometimes more than double or even triple, if I amortized the purchase of these very expensive systems, it breaks my back a little!

Hopefully your building standards are as severe as ours which moves from year to year, because I think the problem is there!
:

I imagine that with you too, there is everything: from the recent house well insulated to the thermal wreck, right ???

Do you have figures on the needs in kWh / m² / year ???

Me, my house of 200 m² and a few is around 110 kWh / m² / year.

So I spend € 1 of pellets per year.

Afterwards, there is everything.

The one whose activity allows you to heat yourself with a wood stove at 1 €, with logs that he makes himself.

And I, who by conviction, to reduce my consumption of CO² of fossil origin, replaced my fuel boiler of around 5 to 6 € by my condensing pellet boiler of almost 000 € installed, connected (part of installation redone).

And therefore a fully automatic system, I don't touch anything, emptying the ashes 4 or 5 times per winter ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/01/11, 22:12

Did

I don't know for Kw / m2 but 1200 liters of fuel oil for 180 m2 with winters much more severe than you!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 27/01/11, 22:17

That makes about 70 kWh / m² / year.

So we approach a house that would be classified BBC with us (Low Consumption Building).

With us, 50 KWh / m² / year should become the rule in 2012! Only for new constructions.

The thermal wrecks will remain chasms ...

FYI, I was 2 l on my house before! Who in 100, with us, was the top of the top !!!!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/01/11, 22:30

I give you the figures for an R 2000 house from 1986 with a very different climate! : Shock:

That of today are significantly higher with the insulated basement floor and insulated soling on both sides.
0 x

Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/11, 09:12

Alain G wrote:
... with a very different climate!

You are right to insist. Cra the energy expenditure obviously depends on the climate. In a milder climate, like ours, consumption would be even lower than what you give!

I was totally unaware that you were so "careful" in the insulation of your houses, when I see that you are not in terms of consumption of your "tanks" ... [although I know that the refocusing on a fleet sized question cuabge in a more "reasonable" way is in progress, with ranges which change very quickly at GM and Co]
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/01/11, 12:53

The reason is that on fuel there has been 80% tax for more than 70 years in France (so small cars) and not much tax on fuel oil !!
With in addition rather + 8 ° C in winter instead of -20 ° C to -30 ° C in Canada, cold which requires not to be ineffective and complicated under penalty of being frozen immediately and dead !!

I think that we should carry over to a new forum, this very interesting subject, informative and helpful for the French, on the insulation, and the heating of Canadian houses !!
I'm appreciative that our 2012 BBC standards are barely those of 1980 in Canada.
In addition it is 3 times cheaper in Canada for much more efficient than our complicated installations.
A French awareness of good solutions seems very useful to me.

So I suggest that Alain G create a post and copy all of their crucial information already presented in posts with a title like?
Canada BBC and thrifty from 1980 30 before before 2012
or similar even clearer ???????????

It would be good to compare Canadian houses to our concrete houses filled with thermal bridges and leaks.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 28/01/11, 14:35

Here is a good idea for building a high energy efficiency home in Canada, there is a new standard higher than this but it gives a good idea!

The standard is called Novoclimat:

http://trucconstruction.com/novoclimat.html
0 x

Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 28/01/11, 15:17

dedeleco wrote:The reason is that on fuel there has been 80% tax for more than 70 years in France (so small cars) and not much tax on fuel oil !!
With in addition rather + 8 ° C in winter instead of -20 ° C to -30 ° C in Canada, cold which requires not to be ineffective and complicated under penalty of being frozen immediately and dead !!.

It is less than 80% today (TIPP is based on volume and not on price).

TIPP represents 60% of the price of unleaded super and 52% of the price of diesel (2007 figures).

This has probably dropped further since prices have increased further ...

And actually not much on fuel (with one particularity: the TIPP supports the VAT - therefore a curious case where a tax is taxed).

Taxes on domestic fuel oil

Domestic fuel oil (FOD) is subject to TIPP and VAT.

VAT applies on the price excluding tax and on the TIPP, the sale price is therefore calculated as follows:

Sales price = (Price excluding VAT + TIPP) x 19,5% VAT

Currently the amount of the TIPP on domestic fuel is € 0,0566 per liter.

Taking into account the VAT and the TIPP a liter of domestic fuel sold for example 0,6 € the liter without tax is marketed 0,784 € / L.

The tax amount therefore represents 18 euro cents per liter.

I think that it was indeed above all the cold that brought our friends from across the Atlantic to be much more careful.

Let us admit that a simple calculation of profitability makes that the same insulator is all the easier to amortize as the climate is harsh.
0 x
roy1361

by roy1361 » 28/01/11, 21:55

Hello French friends,

Canadians are way ahead of the curve, but did you know that a tiny country next to yours is not late either ...

www.minergie.ch

Happy reading and greetings to all Earthlings.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/11, 12:04

And Austria, and Germany, etc ...

Hence two remarks:

1) A country that claims to be as big as France has been monumental blindly, all the talk being centered on "cheap heating", then the CAP "thanks" in particular to our nuclear electricity ...

The forums show that the 1st question asked by those who build is "what heating?" and not "how to heat as little as possible?", that the debates remain fierce on the "profitability" of insulation (counting energy and insulation costs today) ...

It is to say if mentalities evolve slowly. Even among professionals (architects as well as artisans!).

2 ° However, in Switzerland as elsewhere, there remains a large fleet of old houses ... Certainly, given the value of real estate, land and average income, rehabilitation is progressing faster !!!

Just to say that most of our debates about Okofen (or others) relate to a "replacement market". So to pose the problems in relation to the BBC or even the passive or the quasi-passive is borderline "irrelevant".

My dream house is a passive house with great inertia (summer freshness) therefore semi-troglodyte but with greenhouse ... In short, despite all the energy that I put in helping with the settings / parameters of Okofen, a boiler does there would probably be no place ...
0 x