Battery (battery pack) Nickel Zinc to 1.6V better than NiMh?

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/10, 18:28

chatelot16 wrote:google makes me fall back on econology
https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-batter ... t8665.html

Ah ah ah too strong, I did not know the existence of this subject ... : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/11/10, 18:49

dedelco did not write, but quoted and copied (ctrC-ctrV) a statement by SCPS, to be precise!
A battery over 110 years old has prior art of this age, or even more, like all batteries and accumulators, (early 1810) but what matters is what really works, and it is not yet a complete success! !

This remark applies to all rechargeable batteries and many other industrial patents !!
The basic problem is that the metal is deposited in powders or dendrites at best, and therefore it is deposited in fine conductive powders of all kinds which therefore infinitely multiply the patent variants, copper, graphite, nano powders, nanotubes, graphene, etc. which clog or degrade sooner or later !!

So the new patents filed claim to provide an essential improvement not previously imagined !!
Otherwise SCPS puts its money for patents in the trash or makes pure obstruction with variants, so that we can never buy these batteries in France? !!!!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/11/10, 19:45

dedeleco wrote:So the new patents filed claim to provide an essential improvement not previously imagined !!

Absolutely, but when research shows there is prior "essential improvement not imagined before" it takes a hell of a beating nonetheless. Most of the patents filed have no value, that's what I was told at the INPI. We are moving towards an industrial world where there will be no more patents.

dedeleco wrote:Otherwise SCPS puts its money for patents in the trash or makes pure obstruction with variants, so that we can never buy these batteries in France? !!!!

That, I don't know, should ask them the question. Now, I imagine that nobody is preventing SCPS from manufacturing its batteries and selling them everywhere, valid patents or not.

Who funds SCPS research? Who pays for the patents? If it's OSEO, it's the state. Who collects patent money? This is the INPI, this is the State.

I did a search on SCPS, which stands for "Société Conseil Et Prospective Scientifique", on societe.com: only one report published with a turnover of € 1 and a net result of ... -30000 €!

It's here :

http://www.societe.com/societe/soc-cons ... 75579.html

There is a strange family resemblance with MDI and its breathtaking compressed air cars, especially since these are also two brothers!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/11/10, 21:35

We agree !
Maximus Leo is worse than me and much more cow !!

But we would like these NiZn batteries sold everywhere in France: 1,6V and 200 recharges !!
And not totally untraceable !!
0 x
enzo20134
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by enzo20134 » 15/11/10, 17:38

Sorry for the digging up of these batteries but I heard about the company mentioned.

The SCPS company you are talking about looks like it is mistaken for MDI, my uncle was interested in it a few years ago and the father and son leaders obviously have only one goal in life: to enrich themselves !

No one has been able to reproduce the alleged performances and, moreover, rare are those who have had access to rechargeable batteries to test them ...

Roughly this box lives thanks to subsidies which they boast on their site and hope to tumble the day or a gogo will decide to make them a big check on beautiful words!

By the way, many others have broken their teeth on the NiZn and comments from consumers of Powergenix show that these batteries, however marketed in the USA, are not satisfactory. There is another company called Xellerion based in the USA and Taiwan in the same niche which has not shown any signs of life since 2007 ...

like silly question, is there another type of battery working with an acid like lead batteries?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 17:40

enzo20134 wrote:Roughly this box lives thanks to subsidies which they boast on their site and hope to tumble the day or a gogo will decide to make them a big check on beautiful words!

By the way, many others have broken their teeth on the NiZn and comments from consumers of Powergenix show that these batteries, however marketed in the USA, are not satisfactory. There is another company called Xellerion based in the USA and Taiwan in the same niche which has not shown any signs of life since 2007 ...

Thank you for the info, told me that it was too good ... like what sometimes there is no need for nasty lobbies ... so that an invention does not work. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/11/10, 18:31

with planted sulfuric acid has reviewed all possible materials: only lead is suitable, and again lead only resists acid perfectly if the battery is charged

with caustic potash edison and a few others found iron nickel and cadnium nickel and saw the disadvantages of zinc nickel: but saw the advantage of potash: it absolutely does not attack the electrodes: therefore very long lifespan even discharged: possibility of using the full capacity of the battery

there are so many learned scientists who have been looking for a long time that it is not easy to find new

what explains the late discovery of lithium batteries is the impossibility of leaving lithium in the air or in contact with an aqueous electrolyte: it decomposes on contact with water! and makes hydrogen

but there is still a little hope: zinc nickel could make big inexpensive and lighter batteries than the pomb, by solving the short circuit problem with a mechanical solution

in any case it made me take a trip in google and I came across one more thing that I thought I had invented to improve the performance of lead-acid batteries: send air bubbling to the bottom of the battery to homogenize the 'electrolyte ... bin it already exists! they copied on me by telepathy and with 50 years in advance!
http://mach.elec.free.fr/divers/poly_ac ... _plomb.pdf

with all this I also found the nickel hydrogen battery: this battery produces hydrogen during charging and the pressure goes up to 70bar ... it's a bit the ancestor of NiMh: we avoid the pressure build-up thanks to hydrogen absorbing materials
despite the weight to withstand the pressure this hydrogen hydrogen battery has a very high energy density
http://www.arnatronic.com/fichierspdf/T ... %20ch5.pdf
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/11/10, 18:46

Chatelot16 said:

they copied on me by telepathy and with 50 years in advance

Ah! the bastards! :D

We will cry for you : Cry: :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/11/10, 19:03

father and son leaders obviously have only one goal in life: to get rich!

Many are like that, but by selling creative and effective material like hotcakes effectively (ex: S. Jobs from Apple), but not by swindling like Madoff with wind, for in the end ending up in prison for sure! !
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/11/10, 19:38

All the interesting batteries are indicated in summary in:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_cell
that I had indicated on this forum
with the Nickel hydrogen battery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_hydrogen_battery
and I am surprised that chatelot16 chemist discovers it.

The review and thesis articles he indicates are very useful !!

The batteries have 200 years of hard work and therefore progress is no longer possible by approaching new areas such as nanopowders, nanopipes, nanocrystalline crystals, new surface states.
Finally I mentioned the Zn-Br which seems attractive?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc-bromine_flow_battery
What do you think ??????????????
0 x