PV Solar Dimensioning Questions

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Chuckk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Chuckk » 30/11/10, 09:13

Okay so much for me.

Not really. I realize (it should not seem complicated, but for me yes : Lol:) an excel file which makes it possible to calculate and size (approximately) a photovoltaic installation. Even if my calculations are wrong on certain points, it is really this principle of regulator that I find it difficult to understand with this DC voltage that we must choose.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 30/11/10, 09:21

Send me your e-mail address in MP, that I see what I have in stock and above all forget the idea of ​​low voltage battery group: in forklifts (clark) I think we store in 110.

Also explore the SMA site to see what's happening.

In any case, the higher your voltage, the less there will be losses in the cables. Your motors, in particular, are already themselves three-phase 400 volts, I suppose.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 30/11/10, 10:06

You should have started, as you were asked, by describing consumer devices.

Chuckk wrote:Otherwise I am well aware of what 1000A does, but by going under 48V it will come back to 500A, which is quite substantial too.
Hence the suggestion to switch to 72V or more ...

Chuckk wrote:Hence my question of calculation error.
No, there is no error on this side there.

Chuckk wrote:I made an approximation, and I end up with 1600m2 of monocrystalline panels.
It even seems to me a minimum.

That gives us around 100 € of panels. Not to mention the tons of batteries to ensure nighttime autonomy. (not to mention running for several days without the sun).

Either way, it is unrealistic to find "a" regulator capable of delivering 25 kW.

For powers like this, you have to turn to separate elements (regulator (s), charger (s), inverter (s), ...). It is also much better for maintenance.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 30/11/10, 10:22

In any case, it is certain that for such a surface of panels, there will not only be one regulator but as many as thongs.
0 x
Chuckk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Chuckk » 30/11/10, 10:28

I had trouble understanding the operating principle then, because I dimensioned a regulator and an inverter.

If I work under 110V as you advised me I arrive at 230A as an output current for the regulator, which is correct isn't it?

I explored the SMA site and I find there 30kW power inverters, so it would be suitable for installation (25kW), but it would take several regulators for such power if I understood your advice.

For the price I plan to do the study later to show that it will be very high.

Goods.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 30/11/10, 10:36

Chuckk wrote:I had trouble understanding the operating principle then, because I dimensioned a regulator and an inverter.
No, you have dimensioned the power of the regulation function and the inverter function.
Each of these functions can be performed by several elements.
For example: a 10 kW inverter and one of 15 kW for the two consumers, it is better than a 25 kW inverter which will be oversized two thirds of the time.
0 x
Chuckk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Chuckk » 30/11/10, 10:39

Okay. Thank you very much for this info!
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 30/11/10, 15:15

You have therefore understood why panel manufacturers try to build up voltage to limit losses.

For example:
http://www.nanosolar.com/power-plants/n ... lity-panel

nanosolar has planned its panels to go up to 1500V, in order to be able to put more panels in series, and limit the current therefore the size and the price of the wiring.
High System Voltage Industry-first 1500V certification. More efficient inverter utilization.

Besides, the panels are connected directly to each other:
Nanosolar Edge Connector Simplifies electrical connection at utility scale. Reduces labor cost.

In fact, they optimize everything that costs the most: with panels advertised at less than $ 1 / Wp, mounting is the most expensive.

But I must not say too much, it seems that I am paid by Nanosolar :-)
0 x
See you soon !
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 30/11/10, 15:42

bernardd wrote:
But I must not say too much, it seems that I am paid by Nanosolar :-)

No you are paid by MD ...!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain