PV Solar Dimensioning Questions

Forum solar photovoltaic PV and solar electricity generation from direct radiation solar energy.
Clay
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Clay » 08/11/10, 22:22

Good evening everyone.
dedeleco wrote:

Weird, I have no problem accessing it !!
Please try again.

it must come from my supplier!
If you have another source, thank you.

To determine the peak power of a panel for a given month, the formula Peak power = Daily energy requirements / Daily sunlight * 1000 (W / m2), can do the trick?

Is there a systematic relationship between the peak power of a module and its surface?
(I sometimes find 1 kW peak or 9m2 of panels)

Goods.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/11/10, 23:57

Sycomoren answers your questions if you specify enough !!

it must come from my supplier!

Weird because it is not possible, I am on sfr and I access free, the Sycomoren site !!
What information do you get by not being able to access it?
error xxx ???? Or other ?????
Look on your computer and browser, your settings, parental protection with error, antivirus, etc.?
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/11/10, 07:44

Clay wrote:Good evening everyone.
dedeleco wrote:

Weird, I have no problem accessing it !!

I confirm, it works perfectly for me.

Specify your browser, operating system and service provider if you want to understand why.

Clay wrote:To determine the peak power of a panel for a given month, the formula Peak power = Daily energy requirements / Daily sunlight * 1000 (W / m2), can do the trick?

We should especially try to understand where the formula comes from :-)

The cells take up a surface and have a limited efficiency, and a surface receives a certain luminous flux, the maximum energy recoverable at 100% of ideal efficiency.

The maximum light energy in France is around 1000W / m2.

Current silicon cells have a real yield of around 14%: a peak power of around 140W / m2.

Taking into account now the duration of visibility of the sun in France, variable according to the place, we obtain between 730h and 1500h per year of production equivalent to 100% of the peak power, this for fixed panels in an ideal position.

On a mobile plane that follows the sun, this can be 30% more easily.

By staying in a fixed position, 1Wp of panels will provide between 730Wh = 0,73kWh and 1500Wh = 1,5kWh per year.

So 1m2 of 140Wp panels will supply between 102kWh / year and 210kWh / year.
0 x
See you soon !
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 09:33

Unless you have islanding needs (instal completely independent of the network), you should not take into account your daily needs in Europe,
in particular because the monthly production of the months of December and January represents barely 5% of the annual total, contrary to the needs. (( www.panels-photovoltaiques.be.ma , "technical" tab, "annual production" tab We must think about network injection.
The reasoning must be: not to exceed its annual consumption in order not to give free electricity to the electricity company.
On the other hand, we don't reason in m², we reason in peak watts.

So, if your annual consumption is 4000 KWh, in the North of France, it will be necessary to install at most:

4000/850 = 4,70 KWp

which represents: 4700 / individual power of the panels = N panels.

It is up to you then to see how you are going to be able to arrange them on your roof. It is one of the elements of the mono / poly-crystalline choice, the dimensions being very different.

In fact, this figure is wrong, because night / day rates must be taken into account. Do not forget that there is only your day counter that will turn inside out (except the weekend in Belgium, in France, I do not know) Nothing prevents you, of course to arrange your consumption, for example by operating an electric boiler during the day in summer.
(do not switch from fuel oil or gas to electric because fuel oil KWh generally costs less than a night of heating: 1 l of fuel = approx. 10 KWh)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/11/10, 09:52

elephant wrote:Remember that only your day counter will turn inside out (except weekends in Belgium, France, I don't know)
In France, recent electronic meters never count backwards (but let the current flow anyway).
The old "blue" counters are gradually being replaced by electronic counters.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 12:31

Maybe, but then I guess there is a special counter. We will therefore say the "calculation system"
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Clay
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Clay » 09/11/10, 13:29

Re.
bernard wrote:
We should especially try to understand where the formula comes from :-)

The cells take up a surface and have a limited efficiency, and a surface receives a certain luminous flux, the maximum energy recoverable at 100% of ideal efficiency.

The maximum light energy in France is around 1000W / m2.

But whatever the place where the panels are installed, the calculation will be reduced to this value (1000W / m2) to determine the number of equivalent hours (Sunshine [Wh / m2] / 1000 [W / m2]), are we in agreement ?
bernard wrote:Current silicon cells have an actual yield of around 14%

Over what ambient temperature range is it reasonable to take a yield of 14%
bernard wrote: : a peak power of the order of 140W / m2.

So we can say that there is a direct relationship between the peak power of a module and its surface.
bernard wrote:Taking into account now the duration of visibility of the sun in France, variable according to the place, we obtain between 730h and 1500h per year of production equivalent to 100% of the peak power, this for fixed panels in an ideal position
On a mobile plane that follows the sun, this can be 30% more easily.

By staying in a fixed position, 1Wp of panels will provide between 730Wh = 0,73kWh and 1500Wh = 1,5kWh per year.

So 1m2 of 140Wp panels will supply between 102kWh / year and 210kWh / year.

It's very clear !
elephant wrote:Unless you have needs in islanding (instal completely independent of the network), it is not necessary to take into account your daily needs in Europe, in particular because the monthly production of the months of December and January represents hardly 5% of the annual total, in reverse of need. (( www.panels-photovoltaiques.be.ma , "technical" tab, "annual production" tab We must think about network injection.
The reasoning must be: not to exceed its annual consumption in order not to give free electricity to the electricity company.

To be complete, I ask these questions for an isolated type PV installation in areas of the Maghreb.
elephant wrote:On the other hand, we don't reason in m², we reason in peak watts.

Yes, but as you understood I wanted to have an idea of ​​the surface occupied by the panels.
elephant wrote:It is up to you then to see how you are going to be able to arrange them on your roof. It is one of the elements of the mono / poly-crystalline choice, the dimensions being very different.

Because of their different yields?
The yield that Bernard gave (140W peak / m2) is rather valid for what type of elements (mono or poly)?

Goods.

Small parenthesis:

bernard wrote:
Your operating system and your service provider

Xp, free wifi
dedeleco wrote:S
What information do you get by not being able to access it?
error xxx ???? Or other ?????

Waiting time exceeded on mozilla.
Oops, Internet Explorer was unable to access the sycomoreen.free.fr page.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 09/11/10, 15:15

Clay wrote:

Over what ambient temperature range is it reasonable to take a yield of 14%

All figures are in standard value 1000 W / m² at 25 ° C
Allow a loss of 0,34% per additional ° C.

the current mono are of the order of 145 and the mono 140, but the poly are larger.

But therefore, in islanding, it is necessary to make a careful analysis of its needs. If you have large relatively short tips, it is often better to entrust them to a generator.

It must also be said that in overcast weather, you will produce a tenth of the production in good weather.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 09/11/10, 15:56

Waiting time exceeded on mozilla.
Oops, Internet Explorer was unable to access the sycomoreen.free.fr page.

The network in the Maghreb must be too slow especially in wifi !!

On firefox, for me very rare when the waiting time is exceeded (page too rich or supplier down), you have to refresh several times to see the page appear because at least with firefox 3.5 you end up seeing it happen, firefox putting cache the data.
This time must be adjustable !!
Look on the Firefox site for answers to this waiting time?

We thus find:
... Upgrading to Firefox 3.6.6 or higher Firefox 3.6.4 had a timeout of 10 seconds which was too short in some cases. Firefox 3.6.6 extended it to 45 seconds. To update Firefox
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 09/11/10, 16:16

Clay wrote:
bernard wrote: : a peak power of the order of 140W / m2.

So we can say that there is a direct relationship between the peak power of a module and its surface.

Yes, but it depends on the manufacturing, it is one of the parameters on which you will choose your panels.

Clay wrote:To be complete, I ask these questions for an isolated type PV installation in areas of the Maghreb.

In this case, you should be able to have even more sunshine, between 2000 and 3000h per year.

To perfect your forecast, either you find an existing installation and you ask, or you ask for weather statistics in a nearby airport, or you put a panel and you measure, and you will have an idea in 1 year :-)

Clay wrote:Small parenthesis:
bernard wrote:Your operating system and your service provider

Xp, free wifi

On xp, in the programs / accessories menu, you look for and launch "command prompt", then you enter the commands:

ping free.fr
tracert free.fr

And you copy the result here or in MP so as not to disturb :-)
0 x
See you soon !