Bulbs slamming on a chandelier

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sspid14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Bulbs slamming on a chandelier

by sspid14 » 04/11/10, 15:40

Parenthesis about: https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-essai ... 87-60.html

I take this subject on the burnt ampoules to know what would be the cause of all the bulbs that crick on my chandelier (with 6 bulbs). Whether with incandescent lamps or fluocompact it lasts between 20 days and 4mois with a duration of use of 3 to 4h per day max.
Moreover only 2 on 6 currently work, it decreases the number of bulb to change.
I do not know too much the voltage peaks at home, on average I am between 235 and 237 V and the inverter of my PV panels had to be reprogrammed according to the German standard (and more Belgian) which avoids the inverter to cut for problem of too high tension.
Nevertheless, there is no other bulb problem at home so is it really the tension?
The chandelier was forged and made by a family person about a year ago, there may be a problem of contact or other ... that has appeared over time.
I do not really want to change luster either ...

Thank you for helping me understand

PS: PV installation I think nothing to do with the bulbs that cram because they were cramant already before ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/10, 15:52

a) What type of economic bulb did you specifically test?

b) I don't know why, but it is "known" that light bulbs on chandeliers are more fragile than on other lightings. If anyone has any suspicion of an explanation, I take it.

c) At home, this chandelier of 8 bulbs works without any problem since 3 years with this model of economic bulb: https://www.econologie.com/shop/megaman- ... -p-75.html

I even have a picture of it:

It's not to advertise but you should test a megaman ingenium model ... just to see.

I specify that our chandelier is new. Can it be a wiring story that wears out or spikes over others when a light bulb slams?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/11/10, 18:22

If the incandescent bulbs are not cooled well by the current convection of natural air, they heat up more and slam more.
Near the ceiling, warm air stays better at the top.

Well wrapped lamps last less time!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/11/10, 18:27

Moué am not really convinced by this explanation since all the luminaries hung on the ceiling are generally in height ... and therefore in the same conditions of T ° as the chandeliers ...

A kitchen lamp for example and it seems less sensitive than the famous chandeliers ...

Finally what I heard because I personally never had a problem ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 04/11/10, 19:20

I had this type of problem on a chandelier of 5 bulb which a bulb slammed all about 15 days, but only with incandescent bulbs.

since the chandelier "turns" with CFLs no more problem.

So relatively different case apparently.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/11/10, 19:33

As non-supernatural explanations, I only see the heating and blows in the chandelier and the lamps that on my shaker shakers reduce their life dramatically.
Give yourself head or shake by cleaning it on because some jolts on a lamp filament 2200 ° C break very quickly ???
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/11/10, 19:57

I copy my statement on the ignition voltage that crames incandescent and electronics also sometimes:
on average I am between 235 and 237 V

It's a lot like average that must be at 220V between 200V and 240V max (I saw at a home at the end of the line EDF, 180V (big cold and all before me took electricity to heat and it does not nothing was left to run the cooker and the microwave oven with electronics that hangs at 200V and night in the summer like you, close to 240V excessive, no one taking power !!).
In my opinion this is enough to burn the light bulbs that dissipate a power that believes very quickly with the voltage: I remember so many lamps that jump at night lighting!

For the fluos, it is their electronic power supply that does not support such a voltage (capacitor and semiconductors burned sometimes very limited in voltage for the low price)

Finally the momentary voltage peaks of well over 240V are extremely destructive !! (inductive starts and stops and big thyristors in the neighborhood or even lightning surges in the neighborhood!)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/11/10, 20:08

Another possibility I forgot seeing on my walker with the rain:
a drop of water, even small, imperceptible, enough to break a superheated glass bulb (hypereffective, clack, finished)!

Unlikely for a chandelier except spraying insecticide or droplet perfumes ????
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/11/10, 09:51

Christophe wrote:Moué am not really convinced by this explanation since all the luminaries hung on the ceiling are generally in height ... and therefore in the same conditions of T ° as the chandeliers ...
I really like Deleco's temperature theory.
A possible explanation, but without guarantee:
Chandeliers often have rather tight glass shades around each bulb. Each of them is, in addition, directed down.
Like this:
Suddenly, heat has no way to escape.

On the other hand, this remark makes me smile:
dedeleco wrote: I remember so many lamps that jump at night lighting!

It is true that we rarely see blisters snapping the day. Maybe it's because we light a lot less often! : Lol: : Cheesy:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/10, 11:31

indy49 wrote:Chandeliers often have rather tight glass shades around each bulb. Each of them is, in addition, directed down.

a) That I already believe more as an explanation ... there is obvious overheating, especially with incandescence. Delnoram is it like that?

b) Otherwise speaking of shocks, it may be vibrations or small oscillations that are almost "invisible" (resonance style when walking on the floor on which the chandelier is fixed, convection of hot air ...). . which prematurely damage the filaments (fluorescent ones also have one).

It happens that our luster oscillates slightly on itself. For example, when you vacuum close to where the air is blown up ...

To invalidate or confirm this, one would have to test with LED bulbs because they have no filaments. : Idea:
0 x