Managing the shortage: Discolored heating oil in an HDi car?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/10/10, 19:36

No, to a bathtub that exploded when there was the last shortage, for those who remember ...
.... there was an eco-ilogical who had thought good : Oops: store your gas in your apartment ... and BAAAAAOUM! Image
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/10/10, 19:48

the tracer and dye is one thing, what is more serious is the sulfur which quickly ruins the catalytic converter

there is a radical solution:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_afrique
I like this name found by chance on the wiki
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 22/10/10, 21:01

Hi,

I have two quick questions regarding FOD and other fuels.

What is the reasonable shelf life of the FOD in the case where it is only used in addition to heating and can spend several years in tanks? Is there a loss of calorific power, does it become corrosive or other?
Goods.

jlg
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/10/10, 21:02

chatelot16 wrote:there is a radical solution:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tube_afrique
I like this name found by chance on the wiki

Ah ah ah, too good !!! I don't know either and I love the concept :)

What about motorcycles? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 22/10/10, 22:29

Without forgetting the money tube: : Idea:

Image7

which also works on motorcycles 8)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/10/10, 05:13

Hello

Some farmers with whom I had the opportunity to discuss mechanics thought the opposite: the red is more energetic than the road because of anti pollution additives of the road ...

Same observation when you drive red less than a liter of 100km of passable distance with a tank and also more grip on the engine, more exhausted back even if no smoke.

The simplest for the color filled with candies or an old aquarium leaves it in the sun every day you see it paler after 15 days to 3 weeks it becomes yellow and almost clear with a smell of kerosene.
For those who are in a hurry, a large old thermos window circulate a 200 liters of red 8) .
well it's a lot of troubles for such a small result ...
If you run out of diesel at the pump go to the pump at the local airport and take a jet. Just add a little oil, it works odorless on diesel, even new ones.
The tractor at the airport operates exclusively on (jet A) kerosene
We will not run to town to get cans of diesel

Andre
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/10/10, 08:16

Andre wrote:The simplest for the color filled with candies or an old aquarium leaves it in the sun every day you see it paler after 15 days to 3 weeks it becomes yellow and almost clear with a smell of kerosene.

What about trackers?
The smell of kerosene that has changed, is it when you drive?
But it remains just as corrosive, because the sulfur content has not changed, has it degraded / modified it?

Andre wrote:If you run out of diesel at the pump go to the pump at the local airport and take a jet A just add a little oil
At what price, "jet A", at the price of "red"? The "Jet A1" must be more expensive (it remains fluid at much lower temperatures than the "Jet A"). Is kerosene as corrosive as red? And above all, what proportion of oil to add to "Jet A"?

In my area, fuel oil (domestic fuel) has a low sulfur content (0.1% against 0.3% in France and 0.3% for "Jet A")

There is also "Fuel ECO" intended for the new condensing oil boilers. "Compared to previous fuel oil grades, its sulfur content has again been greatly reduced. With a sulfur content comparable to that of natural gas, i.e. less than 0,005%, the polluting emissions due to sulfur oxides have been virtually eliminated " ...> But I don't know its price.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/10/10, 11:30

that's for sure: kerosene or jet A1 is great luxury in terms of purity: it's even a little too fluid, so maybe not enough lubricant ... 5% more engine oil and it will be good

I confirm, in airports we often put kerosene in place of diesel, just so as not to look any further ...

even diesel powered planes are made to run on kerosene because there is no oil or diesel pump in airports

emergency solution without airport: use oil for oil stove: it is also forbidden, but it does not contain sulfur so it does not spoil the catalytic converter: also add a little engine oil to better lubricate
Last edited by chatelot16 the 24 / 10 / 10, 15: 32, 1 edited once.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/10/10, 15:18

the tracer and dye is one thing, what is more serious is the sulfur which quickly ruins the catalytic converter

It also ruins the lungs !!
Too much sulfur in the heating oil in the countryside and small towns outside the big cities !!!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/12/10, 07:20

Two or three small details.

Concerning France.

The special "fishing" blue diesel is traced with Yelow 124 like domestic fuel and kerosene and even some "low cost" white spirit.
Diesel fuel is a special production with a flash point above 60 ° C (56 for road and domestic fuel)

The domestic fuel in 90% of the cases is for a simplicity of transport and storage of the colored and traced diesel fuel and of the colored Winter diesel traced for the real fuel winters

The distillation effectively transfers the dyes but not the tracants (and in the event of control it is the presence of tracant which is detected by the customs officials' reagent) and effectively the paraffins pass through the highest part of the distillation;
The inclusion of nitric acid tracers is well known but has also caused many concerns.

Modern tractors are IDHP (DCI injection unitary HP) engines and run very well on fuel. The fuel keeps very long (when I bought my house the tank was full for 30 years and the boiler did not even cough when started)

The kerosene can be used in some diesels..But some rotary injection pumps (the lucas roto I think) do not regulate properly with and the car smokes like an old tanker.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"