Global warming

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Global warming

by laurent_caen » 16/08/06, 23:09

a question has been bothering me for a long time now
the possibility of a rise in sea levels, which is attributed to the melting of glaciers accelerated by global warming, is continually raised; why don't we also talk about the fact that hot water is lighter and therefore less dense than cold water?
the oceans, as they warm up, would see their level also increase ...
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 17/08/06, 00:23

scientists often talk about ocean dilation; the phenomenon would be even more important than the melting of the ice
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/08/06, 10:06

lau wrote:scientists often talk about ocean dilation; the phenomenon would be even more important than the melting of the ice

It's amazing, however, each time I take an aperitif, as the ice melts, the level down in my glass : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Anyone have an explanation? Maybe evaporation?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

global warming

by denis » 17/08/06, 10:33

lau wrote:scientists often talk about ocean dilation; the phenomenon would be even more important than the melting of the ice

I also heard these conclusions that the melted ice, little influence on the level, the dilation of the water, with 1 or 2 degree more, by the large mass would on the other hand raise the level, certain very low island are elsewhere already touched, and even evacuated I believe.

targol, try to make your experience very scientific, with curd, it has different properties!

:P
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: global warming

by Targol » 17/08/06, 10:41

denis wrote:

I also heard these conclusions that the melted ice, little influence on the level, the dilation of the water, with 1 or 2 degree more, by the large mass would on the other hand raise the level, certain very low island are elsewhere already touched, and even evacuated I believe.

This is the case of the Tuvalu Islands (see the paragraph "Controversy on global warming" of this page )

denis wrote: targol, try to make your experience very scientific, with curd, it has different properties!
:P

Excellent, this answer !!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
And what does bleach do?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
laurent_caen
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent_caen » 17/08/06, 11:32

beware of the traditional confusion: the melting of submerged ice does not cause any rise in water, it is the melting of glaciers who is at fault!
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 17/08/06, 12:43

well no it would really be the increase in volume of the sea by dilation but where I laughed the most is on the wikipedia link that gives targol where is mentioned I quote:

"But it is possible that the collapse of the atolls is also at the origin of the progressive invasion by the waters of the ocean"
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 17/08/06, 12:47

lau wrote:where i laughed the most is on the wikipedia link that gives targol where is mentioned i quote:

"But it is possible that the collapse of the atolls is also at the origin of the progressive invasion by the waters of the ocean"

I do not know if these are these islands but I had seen a report on a string of islands which was located on a telluric plate which sank under another plate not far from the islands. The result was that the islands disappeared one after the other below the surface not by the increase in the level of the ocean but by tectonic sliding.

Maybe that's what is expressed in the wiki ???
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 17/08/06, 13:06

0 x
AVEVA
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Global warming

by AVEVA » 31/08/06, 14:22

JOIN YOU we have been heard!

Perhaps this (economic) report has already been proposed to you.

A 244-page report that outlines global warming very well, an excellent work carried out by politicians (around thirty deputies all convictions combined) can be read ...

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/12/ra ... 021-tI.asp

FOREWORD FROM THE PRESIDENT

At the end of the work of our Mission, after! s 45 hearings or round tables and nearly 200 people heard, and trips to the headquarters of the European Commission, in Spain, Great Britain, the United States, India, all the deputies, members of the parliamentary mission, share a same conviction, climate change constitutes the greatest threat of the XXI century ...
0 x