Video, Ripostes: the surge of oil, how far?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/05/06, 03:28

I discover this subject with a certain wonder ...

3 flood pages totally out of focus so the video in question is definitely worth a look ... and a discussion.

The diversion potential of econologists surprises me from day to day ...: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

If you could create a separate thread for this kind of discussion, that would be nice. Thank you !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 07/05/06, 09:51

Rulian wrote:I discover this subject with a certain wonder ...

The diversion potential of econologists surprises me from day to day ...: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Merci!

You're welcome ! : Cheesy:
someone who appreciates, it's nice! : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/06, 10:35

Rulian wrote:The diversion potential of econologists surprises me from day to day ...: Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

If you could create a separate thread for this kind of discussion, that would be nice. Thank you !!

: Cheesy:

Do not worry, I kindly asked them exactly the same thing 2 or 3 pages above but make it to their head ... Especially Zac and Pad ... pffff

What they do not understand is that such a mess breaks a little the "seriousness" of forum vis-à-vis newcomers ... and it's not very cool :(
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 07/05/06, 16:13

Arf, Zac and Paldeolien, the black beasts of econology.
However, I thought we were not too shifted Zac and me, as well as Geotrouvetou.
Good thing, promised next time, I do not bring back my science.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/06, 19:28

Well, if you can bring her back! A forum it's done for that ... it just requires a minimum of consistency and order ... 8)
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 07/05/06, 19:49

No, it's good, it'll be fine, the oil problem is so simple that it's obvious that it can only be solved by one subject in a precise and concise line.
I prefer to keep quiet, I tend to escape too much.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 07/05/06, 22:40

the response of the big financiers is already on the way, and indeed, as feared on another thread, it is the Fischer-Tropsch.
I recall an excerpt from the article on alternative fuels:
Consequently, the significant production of synthetic fuels is conditioned by a high oil price (at least 30 $ / bbl) and by a strong demand for very low polluting products.

here, today the 2 conditions are met at ease, and the train has already started in South Africa.
http://www.agoravox.fr/article.php3?id_article=9287
The coal reserves are huge, + 1000 years now, in the 200 years if they are used as a replacement for oil.
We also talk about doping coal directly with H2. such a factory would start soon in China.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/05/06, 22:52

Philippe Schutt wrote:the response of the big financiers is already on the way, and indeed, as feared on another thread, it is the Fischer-Tropsch.

The Fischer Tropsch is a reaction of cracking / refining ... I do not quite understand what you mean by the ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 08/05/06, 10:57

Sasol uses this process. excerpt from the article:

"South Africa has invested significant resources in taking up the Fischer-Tropsch process and making it an industrial application. Until the end of the 1980s, the country being under embargo, Sasol supplied all of the country's thermal engines. (up to aircraft engines) in synthetic fuel. Since the end of the racist regime, the explosion of the automobile, now accessible to all the population who can afford it, has caused a high importation of oil . However, Sasol continues to supply about half of the fuels consumed in the country. Better still, some of them, for example diesel, can be exported. This synthetic diesel makes it possible, by cutting petroleum gas oils, to reduce the sulfur concentration, the allowable standards of which decrease each year. If you drive a diesel, it is likely that a (small) part of your diesel comes from surface coal mines in Secunda, not far from Johannesburgh ... "

"Synthetic fuels sold became profitable for Sasol when the price of a barrel of oil (setting the price of fuels) exceeded $ 20. This company is investing more and more, thanks to its profits, especially in China. It also offers its services. as an engineering company, to set up a turnkey Fischer-Tropsch plant, as has been done in Algeria and Texas, for example. "

If I understand correctly, the Fischer-Tropsch process is used to obtain the basic products necessary for the manufacture of synthetic oil. But I'm not a chemist, I could be wrong ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/05/06, 11:02

Sorry you're right ..

In fact Fisher Tropsch is a process of cracking HC to produce hydrogen, so it is not a refining operation itself but it is still widely used in refineries to create the Hydrogen necessary for refining ... It also allows to liquefy CO and H2 (so we can see that it is used in the liquefaction of biomass or even coal ... now what is the difference with the Makhoninne process? ?)

The Fischer-Tropsch process is a chemical reaction to catalyze carbon monoxide and hydrogen to convert them to hydrocarbon. The most common catalysts are iron or cobalt. The interest of conversion is to produce syncrude synthetic liquid fuel from coal or gas. It is a very efficient process in terms of yield, but which requires very heavy investments, which makes it economically vulnerable to downward fluctuations in the price of a barrel of oil.

(..)

It is in the 2000 years and the increase in the price of oil that the process finds an economic interest. ATIn September, the Department of Defense recommended 2005 to develop an oil industry based on the exploitation of United States energy resources in coal to produce fuel by the Fischer-Tropsch process and so not to be dependent on external natural resources for its own needs.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proc%C3%A9 ... er-Tropsch
0 x