Tricastin Socatri nuclear accident, uranium leak 360kg?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/07/08, 13:12

After the uranium leak, other nuclear waste discovered at Tricastin that did not come from the leak: we are end to wondering if this is not a series of failed camouflages ...
http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/France_Monde ... chet.shtml

Four uranium concentration points, which cannot be explained by the accidental leak from the Socatri plant in Tricastin, were detected yesterday in the water table.

Nuclear waste was discovered on the site of the Tricastin power plant, a little over a week after the accidental release by Socatri, a subsidiary of Areva, of 74 kilograms of natural uranium on the same site. But there would be no connection between the two events. The waste discovered yesterday comes from uranium enrichment activities for military purposes and was buried from 1964 to 1976 under a mound of earth located northeast of the Tricastin site.
Military activity

Jean-Christophe Gariel, Deputy Director of the Environment at the Institute for Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety (IRSN) explains: "At present there are four points which exhibit fluctuations, values ​​above" background noise "(normal radioactivity), ie above a few micrograms per liter. A certain number of anomalous points had been highlighted during measurements carried out in autumn 2007, which were the subject of a report presented to the authorities at the beginning of the month. A new one, called ET243, was discovered two days ago, said Jean-Christophe Gariel.

He also recalled the presence there of an “old” civilian nuclear site, and “recurrent military activity over the past 30 to 40 years”.

Socatri denounces, for its part, the "amalgam" created by the Commission for independent research and information on radioactivity (CRIIRAD), considering that the mound of earth under which this waste is buried "does not constitute a health risk for populations ". The contamination of the water table under the mound led, from 1980 to 1998, to its pumping for drainage purposes. The mound has since been under surveillance, a study having confirmed the absence of risk for the population.

The controversy over this military waste arose from the persistence of abnormally high uranium levels in the measurements taken since the incident of July 8 at certain points in the water table surrounding Tricastin.

For Corinne Castagnier, director of CRIIRAD, "it is a pollution which was very important in the past but which continues slowly but surely today, and it must be ended as soon as possible".

The Nuclear Safety Authority said yesterday, about the leak itself, that the latest measurements "seemed to indicate a return to normal for almost all of the points monitored in surface water and groundwater". •
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/07/08, 14:51

jonule wrote:one is entitled to wonder if this is not a series of failed camouflages ...

+1 and I think we have covered up a lot of things in the nuclear field ...

The triscassin accident kicked the anthill ... I guess.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/07/08, 16:13

Christophe wrote:
jonule wrote:one is entitled to wonder if this is not a series of failed camouflages ...

+1 and I think we have covered up a lot of things in the nuclear field ...

The triscassin accident kicked the anthill ... I guess.

: Evil: to see the info, the problem is far from being solved : Evil:
I wouldn't be surprised if one of his days they announced outright that they were going to shut down all nuclear power plants!
Most are in fact between 30 and 40 years old (or even more)!
Let us not lose sight of the fact that the main objective of these gentlemen is not to produce electricity, but to give a damn about it! And I am not talking about the unconsciousness of these same gentlemen, who don't give a damn about the problem of nuclear waste ... I had the opportunity to discuss one day with a pundit of this company, he did not never heard the questions I asked about it! So he couldn't answer it since he was deaf with one ear or even two ... Don't we say that there is no worse deaf person than someone who does not want to hear ...
With greetings from Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/08/08, 19:26

Chatham wrote:[[...]Eg. making thrifty houses, even producing it is very good, I subscribe to it first, but who will pay? It should be remembered that given the current staggering prices, very few people, including myself, cannot afford a house at 400 € (and still with a lot as big as a pocket square) ... [.. .]
I want to come back to this because it's still something that annoys me!

Without going to Jonule's € 30 house (for that price, you don't even have the wooden frame : roll:) it is quite possible to build very efficient houses on an energy level without spending more than 200 € ... You just have to stay reasonable! I am appalled by the number of young couples I meet and who tell me: we have a house project of 000 m150 living space ... : Shock: To do what ? : roll:

Otherwise, the solution that I illustrated on another post is also interesting: the grouped habitat!
On the one hand, it is less expensive and more efficient than the individual house and on the other hand it consumes a lot less land and it promotes less egoism in everyday life, whereas the "dream" of the villa on its 2000 m² plot, sold to everyone since the 60s, does the opposite ... :|

In a way, the explosion in house prices is going to force people to think differently ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/08/08, 10:59

Woodcutter wrote:it is quite possible to build very energy efficient houses without spending more than € 200 ... You just have to stay reasonable! I am appalled by the number of young couples I meet and who tell me: we have a house project of 000 m150 living space ... : Shock: To do what ? : roll:

Otherwise, the solution that I illustrated on another post is also interesting: the grouped habitat!
On the one hand, it is less expensive and more efficient than the individual house and on the other hand it consumes a lot less land and it promotes less egoism in everyday life, whereas the "dream" of the villa on its 2000 m² plot, sold to everyone since the 60s, does the opposite ... :|

In a way, the explosion in house prices is going to force people to think differently ...

+5781568743 on all ideas.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 10/08/08, 17:37

Targol in writing (at the bottom of the page): guest rooms in lot-et-garonne ...

Noted !!! :P

Greetings from the Belgian, once (no, maybe!) :P

Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/08/08, 11:07

Woodcutter wrote:Without going to Jonule's € 30 house (for that price, you don't even have the wooden frame : roll:)

??
where do you buy your wood?
my buddy took his wood from a portable sawmill near his house, he chopped everything with the guy and stored it on the land he had bought!

I had also made it clear: without labor.

moreover, for his site he regularly calls on collective work sites (yes, we must get out of home): thus it is at the foot of the wall ... that you can see the wall better!

his photos of the construction of all the wooden frame by himself his wife and his friends (yes you have to have friends too! -):
http://www.trakterre.fr/
go to photo gallery> our construction> workshop
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 12/08/08, 10:15

to come back to the subject, the rest of the incident:

Tricastin: "Quitting nuclear power" calls for the closure of Socatri

AFP - 06.08.08 - The Sortir du nuclear network demanded on Wednesday the "immediate and definitive closure of Socatri", a plant on the Tricastin nuclear site in Bollène (Vaucluse) where releases "too strong of carbon 14" occurred in July and were announced Wednesday by the Nuclear Safety Authority. The environmentalist network also requests "an independent audit of all Areva factories", citing in particular that of the Comurhex-Areva de Malvesi (Aude), "guilty of serious releases into the environment in recent months".

The continual release of carbon-14 (and any other radioactive gas) "subject residents of nuclear facilities to irradiation which, even at low doses, is very dangerous over time ", writes Sortir du nuclear, which denounces, "as during the uranium leak of July 8, a withholding of information on the part ofAreva, which had known the problem since early July and waited a month before notifying the safety authority".

Socatri noted on July 4, during the treatment of waste, "an exceeding, for the month of June, of its monthly carbon-14 gaseous discharge limit", which continued after the cessation of the activity of the workshop in question, indicated in a press release the ASN, which classified the incident at level 1 of the Ines scale (which has 8, numbered from 0 to 7).

Tricastin: two new private wells classified at risk

Two new private wells in Bollen have just been classified at risk following the latest analyzes carried out as part of the monitoring plan put in place by ASN since the incident of July 7 at Socatri. Friday evening, Bollénois Roger Eymard and Gilles Millon who live on Lapalud road have indeed received a visit from the gendarmes bringing them a letter from the prefecture.

Like their neighbor Pascal Reynaud (our edition of August 5) who had received the same letter a few days earlier, they are strongly encouraged "not to use the water from their borehole for food purposes (drink, culinary preparation). brushing teeth). Same reason: the uranium contents of their water have exceeded "for more than a week the guideline value recommended by the World Health Organization of 15 micrograms per liter ". They would oscillate between 15 and 16 micrograms of uranium per liter of water.

As Marc Champion of ASN Lyon recalled, when asked about Pascal Reynaud's drilling case: “ at these thresholds, the water is completely drinkable and harmless to health ” (¹): this is a simple “precautionary measure taken by the public authorities” which responds to the monitoring plan put in place by the Nuclear Safety Authority, but which does not call into question the order of July 22 lifting of bans on water consumption.
"Too bad only that we had to wait a month"

The fact remains that for Roger Eymard and Gilles Millon, the city's water supply by cistern continues. A difficult situation to live with on a daily basis that made Areva react. “Seeing that we were reduced to living in rather rudimentary conditions, Areva had us install boosters yesterday so that we could have water in the house. It changes our lives. For the past month, we've had to wash in the shower of our motorhome stocked with water from the city's cistern, ”says Roger Eymard. And to add: “We cannot say that Areva does not take its responsibilities. Too bad only that we had to wait a month! "

(¹) For Criirad, "the accepted standard of 15 micrograms per liter by the WHO means that above there is a risk".

unbelievable right? The WHO tells us that 15µg of uranium diluted in water, no health concerns ... even if we drink it for 10 years? what is this exposure calculation? on what basis was it calculated? by who ? incredible ... see quote in red: WHO accomplice!
I would like to see them say the same thing while drinking this water ...

Some numbers :
more than 75% of nuclear electricity production: France and Lithuania
Average length of a ministerial mandate: 5 years
Average lifespan of a nuclear power plant: 30 years
Average life expectancy of a French person: 80 years
Half-life of plutonium 239: 24 years --- period after which the nuclear waste loses half of its radioactivity

EUROPEAN GATHERING
OF THE COLLECTIVE AGAINST THE NUCLEAR
AVIGNON
SATURDAY 6 SEPTEMBER
FROM 12 PM
BARTHELASSE ISLAND
AT THE FREEDOM PARK
ON THE OCCASION OF THE COMING TO AVIGNON OF 27 EUROPEAN MINISTERS

0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 20/08/08, 23:54

jonule wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Without going to Jonule's € 30 house (for that price, you don't even have the wooden frame : roll:)
??
where do you buy your wood? [...] I had also specified well: without manpower.
In sawmills that have DRY wood, mandatory for quality work ...
Sorry, I hadn't seen that it was without the labor and without the sawing and without ... what else?

jonule wrote:[moreover for his site he regularly calls on collective work sites (yes, we must get out of home): thus it is at the foot of the wall ... that you see the wall better! [...]
Thank you for your precious advice: really if you weren't there I wonder what would become of me ... : Lol:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 21/08/08, 09:56

They've been building all this for 2 years, following the seasons (cutting wood, bales of straw), and their children (2 births); the site is regularly advanced by friends or new acquaintances eager to learn in the field, you have to have tools but it's a great school I think ... I learned a lot of tips and tricks there; - )

in fact for the wood he bought the wood at a good price in a sawmill (all do not charge the same price, it is edifying) and uses a mobile sawmill to cut them on the spot. Good Douglass and Red Cedar.

once again the labor is 3/4 of the price, either we go into debt for 20 to 30 years to pay for it, or we take 5 years to do it ourselves and GOOD, it is 2 points of view, it's true that you don't learn that at school but that doesn't prevent you from continuing to learn ;-)
0 x