Environmental professions

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Environmental professions

by elekaj34 » 16/05/08, 18:57

Hello,

I ask the question on this forum, but I admit that I have not really found an ideal place. Do not hesitate to redirect me if this thread has no place here.

Wishing to diversify (or even change) my activity, and given the uproar and enthusiasm of the public for all questions relating to the environment, I would like to get started.

I have been aware of this for several years, and I have somehow tried to be more eco-friendly (banning the car as much as possible, controlling energy, water, etc.)

But first of all, I would like to know if acting in the environment (eg via conferences, energy studies ...) is subject to constraints of diplomas, for example.
To summarize, is not a doctor who wants.

For the moment, I am more in a market research phase (market viability) than really a launch.

In general, what are the ecology professions (I already have an idea after consulting the forum et al.), courses, diplomas or, failing that, necessary knowledge?

Thank you for your wise advice
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/05/08, 19:08

Hi Elekaj34

I assure you, there is no diploma in ecology!

It is simply a turn of mind transversal to many fields (economics, sciences, social) and to many levels of study, from the lowest to the highest.

Going freelance in this is not impossible, but it requires thought, flair, and not obvious market research ... it can range from "simple sales" to technical or economic services more high level.

Personally, I strongly advise these people to keep their original job while launching their freelance activity in parallel.

To avoid excess work, certain branches of activity have agreements to take a one-year leave (paid or unpaid ... negotiations ...) in these situations. In case of failure (ie not enough financial income), return to the safety of square one with nevertheless an experience not despicable to enhance.

However, some people with good working and organizational skills manage to combine 2 activities, one in addition to the other. All this has to be seen on a case-by-case basis ...

@+
0 x
laurent73
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by laurent73 » 16/05/08, 21:31

Hi,

In Savoie, ASDER, ADEME correspondent, offers training for just under a year.

I have friends who have done it and who work in the field of ecology.

You have to be theoretical, practical and resourceful at the same time.

Perhaps the association representing ADEME in your area is training.

Good luck.

laurent
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."