Towards solar panels with a yield of 90%

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Towards solar panels with a yield of 90%

by SixK » 24/05/07, 11:53

Research is progressing on solar panels.

A team would have developed an electric solar panel with a yield of around 90% against 30% for the best panels currently! With an additional manufacturing cost that would be lower than current panels! :)

http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/sinfo ... ues_11786/

SixK
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/05/07, 12:05

The key was to use tri methyl ammonium cethyl bromide instead of the alkylphosphonic acid compounds.

Damn, but it's of course ! what had we not thought about ourselves :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 24/05/07, 12:17

:D

This is extraordinary !!

no more limits to the production of solar H2 !!
high-efficiency cells, and here is finally an excellent way to store solar energy !!

If we add the new low pressure H2 storage processes, this may be the ecological future of the planet, right?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/05/07, 13:03

no more limits to the production of solar H2 !!

well! maybe our wallets! : roll:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Towards solar panels with an efficiency of 90%

by bamboo » 24/05/07, 15:40

SixK wrote:Research is progressing on solar panels.

A team would have developed an electric solar panel with a yield of around 90% against 30% for the best panels currently! With an additional manufacturing cost that would be lower than current panels! :)

http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/sinfo ... ues_11786/

SixK

Hello,

What bothers me about this type of (too) beautiful announcement is that in general we don't hear about it anymore ...
It's often a coup to comm to talk about the company / research center, and basta ... : Cry:
Especially since the article asks a question (the title) and says that it is "promising" ... so the result is not really certain ...

I hope that, this time, the promise will go to the end of a real product ...
0 x
the alcoolo1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by the alcoolo1 » 23/11/07, 14:27

I see only three legs on the meb images. For the moment I am waiting to see what it looks like.
0 x
"The object of research is no longer the nature in itself, but the nature given to human interrogation, is to this extent the man meets here only himself." Werner Heisenberg
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/11/07, 15:03

A little step back on the effectiveness of this polymer, it's 30% efficiency that we must talk about:

http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/sinformer/actualites/news/t/recherche/d/une-nouvelle-generation-de-capteurs-solaires_5251/ a écrit :The reputation of poor performance of solar energies will take a big hit since this plastic can convert 30 percent of solar energy into usable electrical energy against only 6 percent for conventional solar panels! "In fact, the sun emits enough energy toward Earth daily to meet all of its energy needs 10 times," says Ted Sargent. We therefore understand the usefulness of taming such a source of energy.

This new composite material can be sprayed on walls like paint or be woven to give birth to an energy-producing textile. We can therefore imagine that soon, we will wear clothes capable of recharging our mobile phones or portable music players ... For once, we would be completely free of cables. Indeed, the so-called wireless technologies still needed them when recharging the devices with energy.

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/11/07, 18:27

can be sprayed on walls like paint

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic! of the solar collector spray! :D

heck : Evil: it pollutes the spray, we will have to return to the vapor! :D
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/09/08, 00:50

Well here is some news concerning solar cells:

Davidson Fellows Submission (Science)
In his project, “A Highly-Efficient 3-Dimensional Nanotube Solar Cell for Visible and UV
Light, ”William invented a novel solar panel that enables light absorption from visible to
ultraviolet light. He designed carbon nanotubes to overcome the barriers of electrons
movement, doubling the light-electricity conversion efficiency. William also developed a
model for solar towers and a computer program to simulate and optimize the tower
parameters.parameters. His optimized design provides 500 times more light absorption than
commercially-available solar cells and nine times more than the cutting-edge, three-dimensional
solar cell.

Greetings from Lietseu :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/09/08, 09:37

They made a great discovery but for marketing should not be dreamed before 15, 20, 30 years ...
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!