Thomas is in love, an interesting subjective film

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Thomas is in love, an interesting subjective film

by Christophe » 20/09/07, 16:57

Stumbled across a rather special film yesterday: "Thomas is in love" (broadcast on Arte)

Thomas is agoraphobic. It is through a videophone that he communicates with the outside, until his psychologist urges him to attend a digital "dating club" ...

The Arte file: http://www.arte.tv/fr/semaine/244,broad ... =2007.html

My summary and impressions (I took along the way, I missed the first 20-25 minutes)

The action takes place in the fairly near future, 2020 to 2030 I would say. The videophone replaced the telephone. Very interesting thing: you never see the hero, Thomas therefore, you only hear his voice and you see what he sees on the videophone: in short it is a completely subjective method. There is no intermediate scene (except maybe at the beginning that I missed but it would surprise me).

This method of filming allows an immersion in the skin of the character almost perfect and one would believe oneself in front of a videophone ... a bit like in video games called "FPS" à la Doom (for the experts) ...

We even have the right to a (small it is the case to say it ... look you will understand) scene "of ass" with cybersex combinations (hihiih)

For the atmosphere: everything is "digital" and the "insurance" companies seem to have taken control of the slightest actions of people (quite easy with everything digital). Besides, there are even "sexual hostesses" reimbursed by the security and on prescription from the insurance!

A futuristic world but not so far from ours finally ...

Here is Arte's commentary that goes in this direction:

It is the classic style of the film that allows him to avoid the pitfall of the experimental project devoid of soul: Thomas is in love is a subtle comedy, very inventive in its realization - the slightest movement of the camera giving itself as a sign of emotion of the hero, condemned to howl his emotions through the image. Winner of numerous festivals, this first feature is a real surprise.

He's back tonight, unfortunately at an anti-democratic hour :( : 21.09.2007/03/00 at XNUMX:XNUMX

If kk1 could connect its digital magneto?

The allocated file: http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm_g ... 26153.html
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/09/07, 09:05

Oops! too late :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/01/11, 19:33

In the subjective film genre but much more, I ask the last Gaspar Noé: https://www.econologie.com/forums/enter-the- ... 10317.html
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."