They will not dare anyway? Oil in the Arctic?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 04/10/09, 20:27

Obamot wrote:
bpval wrote:Desertec is a utopia
Wanting to concentrate energy production in places like the desert is certainly interesting (enhancement of the place ... desert) but supposes the creation of a spider web to distribute energy ...
Not to mention the fact of a possible coup
or the fact of pricking some panels for the roof of his "Sweet Home"

No, I'm still messing around, although on reflection this is what I did

Koi? Stitching panels ... that's good.

Not sting
Put 24 m2 of panels on my roof
And when I finish (the works) I will show you what I did with the tiles

To Ciao
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/10/09, 21:06

Hello Bpval,
bpval wrote:Abstract

Solar thermal power plants consume appreciable amounts of fresh water

No because:
- steam power plants run in closed circuit without significant need for water
- there are other processes such as Stirling with air in a closed circuit.
Thermal storage involves the use of enormous quantities of molten salts (nitrates, etc.)

No because we can consider underground storage in the sand, or even no storage at all.

DESERTEC involves a very centralized mode of energy production.

No, it specifically advocates a vast temporal and geographic decentralization.

The African Union rejects this project because it leads to the division in two of Africa and is perceived as a new neo-colonialist initiative.

There, I do not know ... I think it interests him on the contrary, but indeed, mentalities are hard to change in the South as in the North.

OK ... OK I am negative in the contribution of my arguments
But hey I persist My roof is good

Yes! :P
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/10/09, 21:42

To Remundo's reflections, I would eventually listen to these:

bpval wrote:Solar thermal power plants consume appreciable quantities of fresh water, a rare commodity in arid zones

What alternatives there? Very poor regions, without development of available resources. Result: poverty which is the crucible of all fanaticism.
And this argument does not hold. The abundance of energy will make it possible to desalinate sea water, make deserts bloom again, develop agriculture there, develop non-polluting transport (electric train) ... etc. The water will come back over time the more vegetation will develop, creating micro-climates ... This offers fantastic prospects for the riparian countries and the new prosperity, a political stabilization.

bpval wrote:Thermal storage involves the use of huge quantities of molten salts (nitrates, etc.) from heavy chemicals. In France, these installations are classified as SEVESO.

The main problem is not that one but the instability of electrons and provocation of electrolysis ... from what I understood. Electrolysis can in turn be "controlled" to store hydrogen ... clean energy as well. So there is no problem.

bpval wrote:DESERTEC involves a very centralized mode of energy production.

At all, localized to ... very localized:

Research project at Font-Romeu-Odeillo, France. To illustrate Ramundo's words, here is the Stirling engine, of which he speaks, which is placed at the center of the parable. (Source: Wiki)

bpval wrote:The African Union rejects this project because it leads to the division in two of Africa and is perceived as a new neo-colonialist initiative.

Uh .. wait, the current President of the Union Afric @ ine, it would not be the nice sympathetic Mu @ mmar K @ dd @ fi? : Mrgreen:

You see, the alternative to all this is atomic energy ... what do you choose? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 05/10/09, 19:15

Ok ok

Centralized ...

Not in the sense of feeding a pool house in the desert for a guy who freaks out at the dollar spiced with exoticism.

No no

In the sense that I seemed to understand
The desert is useless there
We install solar power plants (sodium, pressurized water, fries pan)
We connect the whole bazaar together (like electric pipeline)
And we feed Europe

I've just ???

Hmm, I feel the deadly explanation for dummies dawn in the shade of the post.

Good evening
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 05/10/09, 19:34

Remundo ...

Would you be the initiator of such a project, that I could join it.
Desertec.
But this is not the case.
Damage
Your inventiveness is staggering ... like Pascal HAM.
Your problem ... you have too much free time ... Image

And you use it on top
And there you see it hurts me Image

The anti-erosion valve I'm wondering if it's the miniature garage of my childhood and I'm freaking out (too many good memories)

Hugs
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/10/09, 20:28

Calm 8)

There will be floating solar power plants planned at sea off the coast coordinated with marine fish farming. Suddenly it widens the potential ...

Desertec is just one part of the Trans-Mediterranean Renewable Energy Cooperation which also covers all of Europe ...

For the rest I give up. Everything is in the links but obviously you have not read.
Last edited by Obamot the 05 / 10 / 09, 20: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/10/09, 20:30

Desertec is a very interesting project, the major problem remains political, the device would cost several hundred billion, which obliges the countries to launch joint financing.
It would be smarter to carry out a European "mini Desertec" project first.
The sunshine in the south of Spain (in the process of desertification) would allow a very profitable operation.
And closer to us, launch the construction of solar islands off our coasts.
Unfortunately our government is not very interested in these types of devices.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/10/09, 09:57

bpval wrote:Remundo ...

Would you be the initiator of such a project, that I could join it.
Desertec.
But this is not the case.
Damage
Your inventiveness is staggering ... like Pascal HAM.
Your problem ... you have too much free time ... Image

And you use it on top
And there you see it hurts me Image
Thank you Bpval,

The anti-erosion valve I'm wondering if it's the miniature garage of my childhood and I'm freaking out (too many good memories)

Hugs

Me, you see, on the contrary, I find that I am running out of time ... well, I take the trouble :D

For Desertec as for all relevant renewable energy projects, it is a problem of intra and international lobbies, against a background of control over fossil resources (oil and uranium) and slowing down the emergence of competing sources, even if they are clean and profitable. .. :?

Big kisses Bp :P
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 06/10/09, 10:05

The discussion has slightly deviated, because of Obamat (not good !!!), it's not nice for beautiful pear Hélène, should see to continue this discussion on the initial post https://www.econologie.com/forums/desertec-e ... t5338.html
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 06/10/09, 10:07

And I'm not talking about the Solar one power plant in the United States, which alone generates 22 MW even.
0 x