They move France, after Oil with Hulot

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/12/08, 12:09

Hello everyone,

I watched.

They talked about biomass. This is the only good point I give them.

We force-fed them with:
- their photovoltaic
- their toy hybrids which run at 20 an hour (Renault's "ZE" is pitiful: why not have shown the Kangoo Elect'road from the 1990s ??)
- the representative of the tankers on the plateau made me pity too. Always so hypochrite.

Didn't talk Janco enough. Janco knows what he's talking about, but doesn't have time to explain his point of view. In any case, perceiving the subtleties of his conclusions (because it takes a high scientific level) is not within the reach of the average man in front of France 2 at 20:50 pm.

And indeed, it can even become counterproductive when he says, "solar is a bitch".

The fool of service understands: solar, "it is without future"

Did not talk about the heart of the problem and its solution: extracting solar energy from deserts or oceans with concentration plants or low-delta Stirling

Z 'could have spoken of DESERTEC instead of the pitiful interventions of some ... At the end of the program, a guy said that electrifying the entire fleet in France did not require the construction of any more nuclear power plant. .. I quote "since it was enough to make them work more the existing ones during the night".

Janco belches, but that's all he's allowed to add to the soundtrack ...

That sums up the intellectual level of the show well. : Idea:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:19

renaud67 wrote:Hello,
I found the show a bit consensual vis-à-vis our automaker.
I think that this program should be seen as a means of raising the awareness of the "general public": some of the solutions cited are directly accessible to basic everyday people (either proto, or not applicable ...)

There, I am "very in agreement".

I think the design of the show was not able to decide between a Hulot-style reflection ("we're going into the wall if we don't change our behavior ... it's not just a question of technical solutions. . "/ I'm simplifying obviously) or even Jancovici way (a" macro-energetic "approach to problems on a planetary scale) and precisely, an enumeration of solutions ...

It pitched between the two, in my opinion ... So unfortunately with this time lost on the research of certain manufacturers (frankly, Renault, they were pitiful - if you think about it, it's even a counter-advertisement!) or the "energy-businessmen" Westphal style (the farmer in a 4x4 with swimming pool ... I said nothing, he's an Alsatian!) or the pellet manufacturer who played it a bit "Steve Jobs" ( the legendary founder of Apple) and the dead ends on me and you, what can we do ...

But I don't regret watching.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:24

Remundo wrote:And indeed, it can even become counterproductive when he says, "solar is a bitch".

The fool of service understands: solar, "it is without future"

So you see, Christophe, that I am not the only one to have had this perception ... In my remarks earlier, I imagined being "the fool of service" ...

But I don't like this term. We're still someone's fool. Not everyone is lucky enough to have done Polytechnique even among those who had the ability. And there are happy fools. But hey, we understand each other. I explain why I did not express myself like that, while having felt the same thing.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:26

Remundo wrote:They talked about biomass. This is the only good point I give them.

Not weaning from the car? The family in sweater and on the bike ??? I admit that that motivated me to continue the "family fight" even if I will never reach this level ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/08, 12:27

To open up the debate a little (we are going to go around in circles quickly since we all agree ultimately): we must understand that there are finally factories that know how to make quality pellets in France?
It's not too early! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:34

Remundo wrote:
Did not talk about the heart of the problem and its solution: extracting solar energy from deserts or oceans with concentration plants or low-delta Stirling

You see how complicated it is: on this same thread, to some, we contradict ourselves; a little higher, there are some who find that it sucks because the solutions presented (electric cars, etc.) are not immediately applicable to ordinary people ... We were, however, far from what you wrote the !!!

By the way:

Are you sure that the Tuaregs, the ecologists, the contemplatives, Théodore Monod (well, he's dead) agree to cover whole areas of the desert ??? There is more and more opposition to setting up windmills that damage our landscapes ... You will tell me, it is ours ... We only have to visually pollute others ...

I toured the Sahara in a 2CV 30 years ago, no, I don't feel it, your shot to repatriate the energy of the deserts ... For me, red card!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/08, 12:39

Did67 wrote:Are you sure that the Tuarges, the ecologists, the contemplatives, Théodore Monod (well, he's dead) agree to cover entire areas of the desert ??? There is more and more opposition to setting up windmills that damage our landscapes ...

Who talks to you about whole countries ??? Take a look at this map:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/desertec-e ... t5338.html

Did67 wrote:I toured the Sahara in a 2CV 30 years ago, no, I don't feel it, your shot to repatriate the energy of the deserts ... For me, red card!

There are more geo-political than technological problems ... even if transporting electrical energy is not necessarily easy ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:41

Christophe wrote:To open up the debate a little (we are going to go around in circles quickly since we all agree ultimately): we must understand that there are finally factories that know how to make quality pellets in France?
It's not too early! : Mrgreen:

Oh yes. Did you remember the mark (at one point, we see it on a bag)? To see if there is a website. If it's certified ...

But there again, one could criticize the show: such as, one could believe that it is a stroke of genius (I take the image of Steve Jobs), whereas it is only a poor little "German Pellets ". So apart from the boy launching himself in France, which is VERY GOOD, he does not invent anything ... but between the lines, it is presented as if he was a little French genius ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 03/12/08, 12:42

If you take yourself for the fool of service, Did67, well there are two of us because I agree with you overall.

For Janco, he said exactly that:
- photovoltaic energy on a global scale was anecdotal, representing only 0,01% it seems to me then the firewood represents 10%. On this, Jean-Louis Etienne who, a few minutes before, had declared to have more than 2000 € of annual income thanks to his solar panels, saw fit to say that PV was better than nothing.

- gasoline cost less today, to corroborate what Christophe said, compared to the average salary, but I don't know what order.

Personally I liked the report on the tar sands emphasizing the environmental damage, the one on the "green" family who shouldn't look like people anymore today and as what it is possible to be careful (I'm doing a summary).

What about Laigret oil, what does Janco think?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 03/12/08, 12:49

Christophe wrote:
Who talks to you about whole countries ??? Take a look at this map:

Not me !

On your scale, our wind turbines cannot be seen. On a scale a thousand times greater, our wind turbines are still not visible. And there are oppositions. Which I respect even though personally I find wind turbines pretty, majestic, powerful, with their slow pace. I do not get enough...

So it's not a question of space. But a question of moral integrity. In your squares, there are a few thousand people who live there, eat, drink without our energy problems. They suffer from heat without asking for air conditioning ...

I maintain my red card and urge you not to lull into an ecological form of neo-colonialism. Same principle debate as to dump our waste in Africa (I say "principle", because solar panels do not kill - in principle, because consists in "putting our shit on others").
0 x