Warming: a weapon of mass destruction

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Warming: a weapon of mass destruction

by Christophe » 28/11/05, 23:04

Global warming, "weapon of mass destruction" according to British scientist

2005-11-28 LONDON (AFP)

The president of the British Academy of Sciences (Royal Society), Lord May, believes that the consequences of global warming can be compared to those of "weapons of mass destruction".

In a speech published on Monday, Lord May stressed that "the impacts of global warming are numerous and serious", citing the rise in sea level, the modification of the water regime and "the increased frequency of extreme events, floods, droughts and hurricanes ".

"These have increasingly serious consequences that can be compared to those of weapons of mass destruction," he added.

Damage caused by Katrina represents "1,7% of gross domestic product" of 2005 of the United States (econology note: and therefore 1,7 more on growth: financiers will rejoice!)and "it is conceivable that the American part of the Gulf of Mexico will become effectively uninhabitable by the end of the century", he insists.

"Recent studies, carried out before Katrina, suggest that the increase in the temperature on the surface of the oceans (...) will not appreciably affect the frequency of hurricanes but will have very important effects on their intensity", observes t it still.

According to a press release from the Royal Society, Lord May's speech was published two days before it was delivered, to coincide with the opening on Monday in Montreal of a UN conference on climate change where the strengthening of the fight against the greenhouse effect is at the center of the debates.

"The Montreal meeting could be constructive, he judges, if it led at least to the launch of a study" on the greenhouse gas reductions necessary to stabilize the concentrations of these substances in the atmosphere at a level "below or above" at 550 parts per million.

Such a study could "sensitize politicians", "today more concerned" about the unpopularity of measures against climate change "than the consequences for the planet of too late action".
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 30/11/05, 22:44

And here in the weather forecast for this evening they are announcing an 26 th cyclone which is forming on the side of the Atlantic never seen !!
André also seems to suffer from extraordinary temperatures!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteur-pan ... t1027.html
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/05, 22:54

And on the other hand, we published this news today ... The United States refuses to commit to post-Kyoto - by bob_isat the 30 / 11 / 2005: 10: 30

Fundamentalist capitalism will destroy the climate balance ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 30/11/05, 22:55

And the climate imbalance will destroy the integrity of capitalism

(modification of 'climate imbalance' - as it does better ...)
Last edited by Former Oceano the 30 / 11 / 05, 23: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/11/05, 23:15

:) Well said :)

It's almost an anagram ... We are starting to be good said so!
0 x
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billie » 01/12/05, 13:56

It may be the brand of man-made weapons:
http://www.jp-petit.com/Divers/Arme_met ... _Vince.htm
: Cry:
0 x
“We recognize happiness by the noise it makes when it leaves.” Jacques Prévert.
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/05, 14:42

Pouted ... what credibility should be given to a man who talks about UFOs, extraterrestrials and the big plot like others would talk about their car?

On the contrary, the Americans would be interested in MINIMIZING the effects of global warming rather than amplifying it ... right?

This page reminds me of the video of rita (or katrina) where we saw an "2" appear ...
0 x
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Small sectarian?

by billie » 08/12/05, 10:11

Hello Econolo,

I have not read all the prose of JPP but I believe that he always tries to keep a Cartesian / scientific spirit in his hypotheses (he asks questions, puts the ear to the ear, without being categorical in my opinion) :

: Arrow: For UFOs, he shows how it could serve as a smoke screen for military or control experiments.

: Arrow: For the 11 seven 2001 it brings, with others, arguments which show that the official scenario is incredible (what we suspected very quickly seen from here) - the dead 3000 (how much exactly?) Tend to make us think that no government (political, economic?) could have programmed such a monstrosity against its citizens ... yet history does not lack examples of this type.
Most attacks, social violence (sustained unemployment, famines, etc.) are tools of fear to bring the average Beijing back into line.
: Cry:
: Arrow: For the plot, it is not obvious but everyone can today measure the opacity of international institutions (WTO, UN, IMF, GATS, European Commission, etc.) and their collusion with transnational companies (no less opaque). In short, a few thousand humans against a few billion. Doubt is therefore allowed as to the practices of this "elite", it remains to keep a cool head in order to unmask them unambiguously. But we feel ... small!
This way of reducing these doubts and this desire to know in primary paranoia serves this international organization which eats us on the back and will soon monopolize all living without being able to flinch.
: Evil:
But I grant you that Petit is an out-of-the-box guy who goes a bit in all directions ... he brings a quirky point of view not devoid of interest to which we can probably respond.
When most scientists are subservient to financial profit, it can be useful!

: Wink:
0 x
billie
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by billie » 08/12/05, 10:33

... and JPP explains himself in front of his critics here (he sells his book too!):
http://www.jp-petit.com/nouv_f/Livre_JPP.htm

It strengthens my judgment, but maybe I'm too naive!
: Oops:
Too bad, at least I will have tried to understand!
: Wink:
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Sectaire Petit?

by zac » 08/12/05, 19:05

: Arrow: For the 11 seven 2001 it brings, with others, arguments which show that the official scenario is incredible (what we suspected very quickly seen from here) - the dead 3000 (how much exactly?) Tend to make us think that no government (political, economic?) could have programmed such a monstrosity against its citizens ... yet history does not lack examples of this type.

if you want to understand; peel the enron case and hack the time clock : Lol:
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.