The war of energy is not inevitable

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

The war of energy is not inevitable

by freddau » 01/12/06, 09:20

Report from our deputies:

In the report, one issue is:

How to guarantee :, while preserving the environment, energy security which ensures the development of emerging countries, the maintenance of growth and the standard of living of developed countries, guarantee of access to energy for the poorest States.

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/12/mieg/sommaire.asp

Ah I forgot to say: it's a summary.
The suit comes after
Last edited by freddau the 01 / 12 / 06, 10: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 01/12/06, 10:01

They are pretty pro nuclear.

Jancovici is in the respondents
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The energy war is not inevitable

by Targol » 01/12/06, 10:16

freddau wrote:Report from our deputies:

In the report, one issue is:

How to guarantee :, while preserving the environment, energy security which ensures the development of emerging countries, sustaining growth and the standard of living of developed countries, the guarantee of access to energy for the poorest states.

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/12/mieg/sommaire.asp

But how do you come up with relevant solutions when the initial assumptions are absurd? : Shock: :?:

"the maintenance of growth": this starting postulate seems to me of a blindness which touches with the idiocy.
KEBoulding summed up this nonsense well with the quote:
KEBoulding wrote:Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist. "
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 01/12/06, 10:43

Um,

it is true.

But that depends on what growth they're talking about, actually.
If you have growth in value, it's different from growth in quantity.

I find the other terms, rather correct, energy efficiency which does not correspond to growth, ca.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/12/06, 11:11

Agree with Targol!
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/06, 11:58

Sorry but for me the resource war IS inevitable ... if the deep way of thinking of our societies (== capitalistic selfishness) and of man (== the search for power) does not evolve VERY VERY quick

I take again the words (well the idea, I do not have the text in front of me) of Jancovici in his last book:

"As resources are limited, either we share them among everyone and, one day, we will no longer be able to meet the minimum basic needs and everyone dies, or we do not share (the current case) ... with the consequences that this implies: dictatorship, war, generalized famine ... "

In short, celebrations for the future in a society that has not taken the step towards econology ...

The funny thing is that even some video games have "good senarii" like this:

"We are in the year 2142, on the dawn of a new ice age which is causing panic in the world. The equation is simple and cruel: the ground not covered with ice can only support a fraction of the population on Earth. Some will survive, the majority will die. In Battlefield 2142, players will choose to fight for one of two military superpowers engaged in an epic struggle for survival: the European Union or the all-new Pan-Asian Coalition. "

http://www.clubic.com/fiche-jeux-video- ... -2142.html
0 x
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 01/12/06, 12:47

We can imagine that EDF could no longer supply everyone and that subsequently self-generation of electricity would be encouraged by the sale of wind turbines, photovoltaic panels, etc.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 01/12/06, 14:53

They are funny in the assembly. They want the butter, the butter money, and the creampie.

Ensure growth, bring energy to poor countries, and respect the environment. It's called "clean and unlimited energy".
It's beautiful utopianism : Mrgreen:

We must find the name of these wonderful members of the commission that this paper has laid. That way I wouldn't forget to vote against them if they show up by my house.: Mrgreen:

Once again agree with Targol.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/06, 14:59

+1 with Rulian (for once ...: Cheesy: )

I am also preparing some "petro-economic" analyzes for this if someone is interested in helping me, their help would be welcome ... Basically the idea is a bit the same as on this page:
https://www.econologie.com/le-prix-du-pe ... s-479.html

... but with "variants" ... (top secret for the moment : Mrgreen: ) of this style:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Petroleparhab.png

What do you think of this curve anyway? The stability of the last 25 years surprises me a little ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/12/06, 20:43

Christophe wrote:[..] What do you think of this curve anyway? The stability of the last 25 years surprises me a little ...
This must be linked to the fact that OPEC regulates production to keep prices high enough.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."