Is the US paying the Kyoto Protocol?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/01/07, 00:49

I can't find the passage in the book so I guess it's in one of the articles on the site ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 18/01/07, 10:42

Not found, on the other hand very complete article on bio fuels, but we cannot give the exact address of the URL page .... I do not know why? there is always "www.manicore.com" displayed on every page.
Here is a very small extract from his extremely searched article:
To produce 50 million tonnes of oil equivalent, it is therefore necessary to mobilize, in order of magnitude, 3 to 4 times the current agricultural land. Obviously this is not possible, and even satisfying 10% of the current consumption of transport with biofuels requires the mobilization of 30 to 40% of current agricultural land, not to mention substituting any oil for heating.

We can clearly see that the current biofuel sectors do not allow us to hope to replace "one day" what we consume today as oil, or even a significant fraction of it. Clearly, consider that it does not matter to have a lifestyle closely dependent on this liquid fuel, because "when the day comes" we will all be able to drive and heat ourselves with biofuel as it is produced today. , is unfortunately lulled into illusions

So, we should not dream too much about replacing oil with bio fuels, which has already been said elsewhere and denounced by the UFC that I choose.

Heck, I was wrong about the subject !!! we should put that in a topic on biofuels.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/01/07, 23:56

jean63 wrote:[...] Therefore, one should not dream too much about the replacement of petroleum by bio fuels, [...]
Who dreams of that?

In addition, JMJ is based on the yields of so-called "1st generation" biofuels. Those of the second generation (use of the plant in its entirety) will allow less use of agricultural land ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 19/01/07, 00:00

Who dreams of that?

The average ordinary citizen who watches the news on TF1 without asking questions (or who asks but does not have the right answers) !!

Woodcutter : go see there link I posted 2 or 3 big posts "that I have to change places; I let myself get on all fuels and I think it's a good summary.

Give your opinion STP.

Another interesting topic: "Oil sands in Canada.... "with Christophe, André, jean63 .... we are just waiting for you and others ... to circulate the info.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/01/07, 00:43

jean63 wrote:[..]
Woodcutter : go see there link I posted 2 or 3 big posts "that I have to change places; I let myself get on all fuels and I think it's a good summary.

Give your opinion STP. [...]
I read...

You give your opinion, this is not really a synthesis, and it is not the place in this post to develop that ...
0 x