The water paradox

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
gipiok
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The water paradox

by gipiok » 21/11/07, 22:20

The paradox of water

What would Francois, a man of the nineteenth century, say if he discovered our present society with Peter?

"But tell me Peter, if you only have to open the tap to drink water, why do you buy those bottles?"
"In fact," replied Pierre, "because bottled water is better than tap water.
- Is not it good the tap?
- Yes, but it's better in the bottle.
- Are you sure ?
- Actually, not really. But at least, with bottled water, I have a choice.
- The choice ?
- Yes, I can choose the brand I want.
"Ah?" And what is the difference between brands?
"Well, as they do not come from the same mountains, they have not the same taste, nor the same minerals."
"Not the same mountains?" You are not going to tell me that we are carrying water across the country to drink it at the other end of France!
- But that's it. You see, although here we are in the Alps, I can buy water that comes from the Pyrenees, Vosges, the Massif Central and other regions.
- Hold on ! And in the Pyrenees it's the same thing? They have water coming from the Alps and elsewhere?
- Of course.
- So what you say to me means that every day we carry thousands of bottles of water from the Alps to the Pyrenees, and during that time other bottles are exactly the opposite way!
- Uh ... yes that's it. It's the same thing in the four corners of France and even in the world, by the way.
"You would not be walking on your head?"
- Finally, that is to say that ...
- And how are these bottles transported?
- By trucks, I think.
"And you did not tell me about a pollution problem caused by these famous trucks and other cars?"
- Yes, absolutely. It is even one of the major problems of our time.
- That's mind-blowing! You bring to a place something that is abundant in this place and you take the same thing from this place to send it back to another place that abounds in the same resource. Besides doing this, you know full well that you are destroying the planet and yet everything continues to function like this, as if nothing had happened. Do people really need water that has traveled hundreds of kilometers, they can not be satisfied with the water coming from their region?
- And oh, we calm down! This is the law of the market and free competition: and there, not touch!
- The '' market law ''? You will have to explain to me. But reassure me, it is only with the water that you amuse yourself to carry useless in all directions? "
0 x
All that has to make us better and happier, nature has put it in plain view, at hand. (Seneca)
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/11/07, 23:58

Hello gipiok

The way to present the subject is original!
It is true that we do anything with this "mineral" water. Normally, with the new labels showing the kilometers traveled for this type of product, it will be more obvious to people with little awareness.

About mineral water and their packaging in transparent and bluish plastic. The ads emphasize the qualities of water, purity etc .... but I have been told that the blue color of the plastic is obtained with heavy metals (tin among others), it is necessarily terrible for the health..... : Shock:

Is there anyone to confirm?

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 22/11/07, 09:16

For me it is an abortion I drink tap water.
Personally I was in Madagascar the question was the 5 liters of water that I looked at the well at 2 km I wood or I wash brief
It was 1 partial wash every 3 days the rest I drink. So when I came back in france shower economic, drink tap water, wash the car 1 once a year after winter to remove the salt, more Bottle; Saving money and less travel to go to the plastic bucket
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/11/07, 09:43

before cosette went to get his water from the well with very heavy buckets!

Long live the 40 years that allowed the distribution of running water, since we drink it we wash in it, we shit in ... the water it falls from the sky!

Now the water is still so heavy, but cosette must go to the supermarket to go get it !!
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 22/11/07, 09:58

By car of course.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/11/07, 12:56

who rolls ... to the water? :D
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/11/07, 16:22

It's excellent!

Soon we will drive to imported water, because better taxed and less expensive to produce :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Luc and Cindy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Luc and Cindy » 22/11/07, 22:06

We can go even further!

Oil is sent from far away, and industrial parts are made too far away. The whole used to make boats, trucks and cars to finally move your liter of daily drink. Only developed countries can afford.

So if the progress and development of the 20eme century let me think that progress is the development of an error.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree,
contaminated the last river,
caught the last fish,
that man will realize that money is not edible
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 22/11/07, 22:26

Good evening everyone,

Reassure me, it is not today that you discover this nevertheless !!
Everything is like that whether it is from the car part to your orange on your plate ... My parents, before the last war, their greatest childhood joy for Christmas was to find an orange at the foot of the tree. .. it was the beginning certainly ... and the fir tree came from the nearby wood, now it is forbidden to cut them "in the wild", so the firs come from far too ...
And then tap water, I personally do not drink, unless you're addicted to chlorine ... and the clhore, for health, it's not terrible, so how do we do? Reverse osmosis water may not be too bad, but some say it is completely sterile and does not help ... does anyone know the subject? .., maybe already treated by the way?

Nofy (dream)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 22/11/07, 23:25

Hello
jessle wrote:For me it is an abortion I drink tap water.
Personally I was in Madagascar the question was the 5 liters of water that I looked at the well at 2 km I wood or I wash brief
It was 1 partial wash every 3 days the rest I drink. So when I came back in france shower economic, drink tap water, wash the car 1 once a year after winter to remove the salt, more Bottle; Saving money and less travel to go to the plastic bucket

And to say that there are Canadians who live surrounded by water and lake, or can drink, directly in, for so much he buys Vichy that has made 6000 km, more expensive than gasoline auto?
Fresh water is a rare commodity in some places, but here (a good part of the world's fresh water) comes down from the north and we are few in number to consume it.
Most of the domestic water is used for watering lawns. Filling pools, car wash, asphalt
Air conditioner that uses water from the aqueduct to c ..

As we do not have a water meter, we do not know the consumption. When we consume too much in summer watering the lawns the pressure decreases. One has the right to water with the water of the acqueduc one day out of two according to the No of odd even pairs corresponds to the day.

Andre
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."