The oil soon to 250 dollars / barrel?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

The oil soon to 250 dollars / barrel?

by martien007 » 10/06/08, 18:00

It is the boss of GAZPROM who said that today !!!

He wants to be the main supplier to France.

All this remains to be verified: I read a short article and heard it again on the radio, but it hides something in my opinion, there is manipulation in the air; the Russians want to "push" towards Europe (signing of future contracts) during the presidency of Europe by Sarko?

Here is an article:

http://www.lesechos.fr/info/energie/300271365.htm
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/06/08, 18:05

Hi Martian,

Well you know, at $ 135 / barrel, add a euro / $ parity and we are already "virtually" at 200.

The peak oil in 10 or 15 years will increase all that again ...

Russian gas and Arabian oil, "leave it concrete" as Renaud would have said :|
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 10/06/08, 18:07

last night zapping ....
on a chain an economist explained that the barrel would go down and stabilize around 120 $ ... this decline would be due to the stop of speculation since what is gained on one side is lost by the reductions in income of the 'industry....

10 minutes later another economist predicted an increase in the coming months tending practically towards infinity :D

personally I think too much profit kills profit ...
:D
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/06/08, 20:20

0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 10/06/08, 21:24

Peak oil in 10-15 years?
According to some it was already over a year ago ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/06/08, 21:48

former oceanic wrote:Peak oil in 10-15 years?

We have already spoken of this discovery; As a reminder:

Bad news: discovery of a huge oil deposit off the coast of Brazil
Wednesday April 16, 2008, by Guillaume Daudin

33 billion barrels, the equivalent of annual global oil consumption, is what would potentially contain the deposit discovered this Monday off Brazil.

The announcement Monday evening of the discovery of a giant oil deposit by the Brazilian Pétrobras and its Spanish partners Repsol and British BG Group was like a bomb: "Carioca" could contain 33 billion barrels, or more of 5000 billion liters of black gold. It has been the most significant discovery of its kind in the world for 30 years. Petrobras has so far refused to confirm the estimates, preferring to continue studies on the deposit, which is believed to be in deep waters. Currently, only two deposits, in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, would exceed this new deposit. If the estimate were confirmed, Brazil would become the number one oil in South America, surpassing Venezuela, but also, on other continents, Libya or Nigeria. This would open a place for him in the very closed club of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).

The most important discovery in 30 years ...

The shares of companies were immediately snatched from the stock market, but this did not help to slow the irresistible increase in the price of black gold. The barrel of light American crude oil thus broke a new record on Tuesday, approaching 114 dollars. Same situation for the North Sea Brent for delivery in May which also, at more than 112 dollars, a new absolute maximum. Several factors are involved, such as the fall of the dollar, the closure of an oil pipeline operated by the oil group Shell in southern America, fires in the installations of the Italian oil tanker Eni in Nigeria, etc.

The discovery of oil could therefore be seen as good news: it will perhaps ease inflationary pressures on the price of a barrel, it reassures for a while on the energy future of the planet. This is summed up well by the words of Roger Read, an energy analyst at Natixis quoted by the Associated Press news agency: “This would put an end to all these announcements which claimed that we ran out of oil, that the 'we would no longer discover it and we had to change our way of life'.

... but very bad news.

This seemingly harmless sentence captures the challenge of this discovery. Thanks to this, the current way of life can be maintained: this reassures individuals who get rich thanks to oil on the one hand, it comforts those who are not ready to change their way of living. Recall that according to figures from the World Wild Fundation, it would take six planets for the six billion humans to live like Americans. Let's not blame our friends across the Atlantic too much: three would be needed, which is already too much, for these same six billion to be able to live like French people. The discovery of this oil deposit is in fact a reason to delay the deadline, so that the industrial countries can say to themselves "as long as there is still a little, let's take advantage of it, we'll see after". The problem of "after" is in fact central: as long as the oil seems inexhaustible or at least as long as the end of it looks like a long-term problem and not a short-term one, capitalist logic placing the profit as a priority objective will continue to be decisive in the approach to oil.

Beyond their inability to understand the magnitude of the danger posed by global warming, governments do not want to be resigned to making difficult choices, such as that of developing an interventionist policy in favor of renewable energies. We know, however, that many concrete changes can take place in this way (generalization of energy self-sufficient housing, local agricultural cooperatives such as Associations for the Maintenance of Peasant Agriculture, etc.), and this in addition the need to empower individual behavior, an imperative in the fight against global warming. In the logic of the rulers, this discovery is therefore a boon. In ecological logic, the announcement made by Pétrobras is anything but good news: it is a stab in the back of those who are trying to mitigate an issue that is already a critical stage.

Guillaume DAUDIN
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/06/08, 21:54

former oceanic wrote:Peak oil in 10-15 years?

For fun, I hit google "latest oil discoveries "
Impressive... :?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 11/06/08, 08:48

world oil production has been around 85Mb / d (plateau at +/- 1%) since mid-2005. these are facts, not predictions. As demand continues to increase, the price soars as we have seen since.
The stagnation of production may be of several kinds: It is clear that the producing countries refuse to increase their production. one reason could be that they can hardly increase it because they are already at maximum speed. Another is that they are now trying to make this oil last as long as possible; the faster we fire on an oil field, the more we will lower the recovery rate. Why saw the branch they are sitting on? These are (close) warning signs of the drop in world production: Not in 10 or 15 years. Of course, at the start, this drop will be small (2 to 3% per year) and then more significant. It must be repeated that the world oil tank is not a tank that is emptied and whose tap suddenly stops flowing when you get to the bottom. when we say that there is oil for 40 or 50 years (whatever the figure) it must be seen that towards the end, you and I will not have access to it for a long time: the quantities produced will be so small that they will be reserved for the military, certain industries, and others.
I would add that the recent discoveries will have no influence because their exploitation will only occur at best in 4 or 5 years and will only partially compensate for the loss of production from the current wells at that time.
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 09:36

Remundo wrote:Hi Martian,

Well you know, at $ 135 / barrel, add a euro / $ parity and we are already "virtually" at 200.

Keskidi? Martien is not talking about 200 € but 200 $ ...

Otherwise we don’t watch, geologically our generation will NOT know the end of oil ... except major international crisis but that is humanities, not geology.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 11/06/08, 09:42

Hello,
I've been working in the oil industry for 26 years.
I am a small, very small worker, but for 16 years, I was in a research center ... oil ...
One of the big problems in the petroleum sector is the "global" lack of refineries.
It is useless to produce more oil if there are no refineries ... this is currently the case
Considering the profits that oil companies are currently making, we have the right to wonder why don't we build new refineries? ...Logically the answer is not profitable in the long term ...(end of oil)
Another answer would be: a desire of leaders to limit pollution ...They are simply personal reflections, nothing more.
Another answer would be, gain a max, the longest, without getting tired. and..preparing for the future (different financial future).
If you look at the history of TESLA, you will be surprised to see how it is comparable to that of oil ...possession of energy = possession of power.I'm sorry Christophe, but there is a hidden world government .... and this government is playing with our bombs, to remain courteous.Bildelberg or other...
My best friend is illiterate ... yet he taught me to observe .... reading is good, but observing is better :D
0 x