The oil soon to 250 dollars / barrel?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 11/06/08, 15:50

heating fuel is nothing compared to what the industry needs to run ....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 15:52

a) It's not really nothing ...
cf https://www.econologie.com/emissions-de- ... -3761.html

Global CO2 emissions (therefore consumption of fossil fuels) by source of activity including electricity and energy in the final source of use

b) Regardless of the industries since the workers will no longer go to work because the fuel will be too expensive ...

Rah what celebrations for the future !!
Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 06 / 08, 16: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/06/08, 15:58

Hi Rabbit and Dirk Pitt,

No pb for my sentence, it's in the public domain now :D

I agree with Dirk Pitt, specifying. Speculation is there, it is undeniable, however, in my opinion, it only exacerbates a gradual and intense rise in oil prices. In other words, it is the tree that hides the forest.

Speculation only brings weekly volatility to oil prices which will rise exponentially over annual periods.

As prices are already high, the slightest speculation becomes so unbearable that it attracts our full attention and only shows us the tip of the iceberg.

By the way, some people like this speculative argument, because it makes it possible to attack the wicked rich investors ... all found scapegoats.

You should know that all pension funds, even the most respectable, are speculators, and they represent you and me, who save a few kopeks for the old days.

You should know that on 1,5 Euro / L, more than half are taxes states, and that the margins of the oil companies, recently and demagogically ridiculed by the media, are only 5 or 6 cts / L. Eloquent orders of magnitude ... the bad guys aren't where you think they are.

The bad guys are essentially the community that does not take its responsibilities.

This, combined with the basic problem that the world energy system persists and signs on its mode of supply 90% oil and now a little coal, leads us right in the wall, because the very imminent scarcity and shortage (<20 years ) of this resource is obvious! :|
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 11/06/08, 16:09

you just explained the principle of pension funds to us :D
a lot of easy money and very quickly, and too bad for the consequences .... :D

you tend to confuse "investor" who speculates on the long term and development and "speculator" who seeks only his rapid personal enrichment ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 16:23

An investment is not a speculation is it?

Otherwise we have not yet mentioned modern agriculture hyper dependent on oil not only for its mechanization (although that's not too serious) but which has rendered millions of hectares almost sterile (or almost) without petrochemical inputs. .

So my previous sentence was incomplete: We don't die if we don't ride ... but we can die of cold and hunger :|
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/06/08, 16:23

Hi Georges,

All the fundraising organizations for "not too stupid" pensions have taken positions on energy, particularly oil, long term (> 10 years) because the increase is guaranteed ... by human stupidity.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 11/06/08, 19:26

on Arte, now! we are talking about oil
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 11/06/08, 22:53

Totally agree with Dirk Pitt and Remundo!

I think it's clear from the stats of the IEA we entered the wavy plateau at the top of the Hubbert Bell Curve. For non-peakists, it means that the production will stagnate for a while at 85-86 Mb / d (it has been the case for 2 years) with mini variations then will enter the phase of inexorable decline.

The thing is, global demand keeps increasing, so prices are skyrocketing. Speculators only have an amplifying effect as always in finance. It is not the speculators who have multiplied the price of crude by 10 since the year 2000. And when the oil flies, all the materials, INCLUDING FOOD, fly. It's no more complicated.

The latest events with the fishermen and the truck drivers are not very funny. They slow down on prices but that's a joke next to future prices. Above all, we must avoid supporting any movement calling for a drop in fuel prices. It has no future and maintains the physical and psychological dependence on oil. You have to understand and make people understand that the recess is over. Fuel oil cheap, finished. And the demagos policies which promise aid for oil without any other action of energy change, shun them as much as possible.

To conclude, I would like to highlight the media's OMERTA on the issue of Peak Oil and a large part of its consequences. Only food supply disruptions in Spain / Portugal due to road blockades have been widely discussed.

But there is worse, and we hardly speak about it: Egypt is on the brink of abyss because of food prices, and riots break out in the Maghreb. Not to mention the rest of the world. Ask google:

http://news.google.fr/news?hl=fr&um=1&r ... lit%C3%A9s

The oleocene is ending and it's starting to show. Did you want to experience historical times? You will be served.

"all this is just foam on a powerful bottom wave"thank you Remundo : Cheesy:

Everything about the Peakoil: www.oleocene.org

Thank you and congratulations to those we kept until the end of this post : Mrgreen:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/06/08, 22:53

Christophe wrote:[...] So my previous sentence was incomplete: We don't die if we don't ride ... but we can die of cold and hunger :|
To not freeze to death, you have to insulate your home (and even insulate very well, I would say!) And for hunger, local production and short circuits are our best allies! Too bad for the tomatoes in January ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 22:57

+1 Lumberjack (already mentioned above)

Rulian, you are a defeatist tonight ... but it is clear that currently few people understand what is hanging in our face and are content, selfishly, to think only of their face ....

For the riots in the Magreb, it's sad (the facts like the censorship) in fact I think that the French media have instructions not to talk too much about it given the% of the Magrebian population in France ...
The proof in pictures on TF1.fr on the other hand the advertisement clearly "oriented" (riots = suburbs) is displayed:

To understand the Suburbs:
The book to read: Banlieues, From the riot to the hope of Yves Bodard.

On the other hand, a little technical remark, the google link will quickly become obsolete, you better copy / paste the direct links to the articles ... here is one by chance:
http://www.lexpressiondz.com/article/2/ ... 53390.html
0 x