Palm oil: the sad renunciation of Hulot

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Palm oil: the sad renunciation of Hulot

by Ahmed » 13/06/18, 22:18

Your answer reassures me!
You write:
but now, given the bullshit that we do at home, what right can we oppose the bullshit that others do?

Do not you recognize this as a form of expertise? : Wink:
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 14/06/18, 10:41

there is only one thing to do is to build a good and effective solution at home and then we can eventually give lessons to the rest of the world
How is a good solution effective? Can you give a smug example ALL areas of our society that are bullshit?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/06/18, 21:37

Our society is only bullshit from the standpoint of maintaining living conditions on Earth, but in doing so, it acts in full accordance with the economic and technological determinisms that govern it. This is what makes any real change so difficult and explains that "mutations" occur above all at the symbolic level of language (see the triumph of the oxymoron).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 14/06/18, 22:06

Ahmed wrote:Our society is bullshit from the point of view of the maintenance of living conditions on Earth, but, doing so, it acts in complete conformity with the economic and technological determinants that govern it.

Indeed! These are not errors, but quite the opposite of logic.
Believing that our society is going astray consists in not understanding the processes at play, in reality everything that is happening is "normal" (1).
The common terminology in ecology is misleading, we are talking about pollution, ransacking, etc ... in fact we must speak of transformation, and from this point of view the diagnosis is completely different: We are possessed! 2)

(1) normal in view of anthropotechnical determinisms.
(2) The Vatican's paranormal cell will not help us here! : Lol:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/06/18, 22:34

We are possessed!

This is the meaning of the word "alienation": strangers to ourselves ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 15/06/18, 08:35

We are possessed!

This is the meaning of the word "alienation": strangers to ourselves ...
or more simply belonging to someone else, individual or system, regardless of attachment to one or more religions. The mere fact of saying: my, my, my are already possessive alienations, in the sense of wanting to possess what can not be in reality, neither individuals nor goods.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Mike12721
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Mike12721 » 18/06/18, 15:29

Sen-no-sen wrote: According to a study commissioned by the EU, palm oil would be three times more harmful than fossil fuels.

Is it due to deforestation? Or is it equal if palm oil is produced without deforestation?

For example: we could plant palm trees on a vacant lot, without cutting other trees.

Thank you for your reply.

Michel
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 18/06/18, 15:44

Mike12721 wrote:For example: we could plant palm trees on a vacant lot, without cutting other trees.

Michel

The notion of vacant land does not really make sense in the South-East Asian regions, it is a zone characterized by very important precipitations and endowed with a very high level of biodiversity, the natural space is thus deprived zone that could be described as secondary, as is the case in industrialized countries (industrial wastelands, pastures, etc.)
Oil palm cultivation is exclusively quantitative and therefore requires the colonization of very large areas by intensive monoculture, by definition this type of practice prohibits the opportunistic use of small spaces.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/06/18, 18:26

By "exclusively quantitative", one must understand a speculative industrial culture (speculative meaning intended to produce abstract value, as opposed to food crops dedicated to the satisfaction of the food needs of the populations).
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 18/06/18, 19:05

Mike12721 wrote:For example: we could plant palm trees on a vacant lot, without cutting other trees.

Michel
or in the bush where he returns more and more to his country of origin. Do not throw stones at them, because with this outlet, it will make fewer refugees at the gates of Europe.
Since then, an annual genetic progress of 1% has been obtained by reciprocal reciprocal varietal selection, to arrive at the beginning of the 1990 years to a production of 6,7 tons of oil per hectare per year under the best conditions, increased to about 7,2 t / ha / year to year 20007,6. At the same time, cultivars that are more resistant to Fusarium wilt and heart rot, two common diseases in Africa and South America respectively, have been developed. The dormancy of the seed remains difficult to lift. So they are sprouted seeds that are sold to planters. After having been mainly cultivated in Asia where it reduced the tropical forests, it now tends to be cultivated industrially in Africa, in the Congo Basin in particular (projects of millions of hectares of plantation)8. https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmier_% ... stribution
The oil palm owes its success to its high quality oil production per hectare. Canola produced in France provides about 1.4 t / Ha oil https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colza#Description.

No wonder the French farmers protested against the flower the state made to Total.

It also needs a tropical climate. With global warming, do we ever know : Wink:
0 x