The Earth is out of breath (tonight on Arte)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/08, 18:57

It is not false : Mrgreen:
0 x
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 12/02/08, 19:53

This program interests me a lot.
Having missed that of last week, wouldn't it be possible to put on the front page of the econology site an "agenda" of, say, 5 next econological TV broadcasts?
It could be nice not to miss it.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/02/08, 20:32

Christophe wrote:Yes Jean, to believe that you have to be unemployed to be cultivated in France ...

Yes and also retirees, pre-retirees and pre-pre-pre-retirees ...... in other words those which no longer have a direct impact on growth, but only on the consumption of imported Chinese products !!!

However, these debates would be important for all voters: they might change their mind after watching these broadcasts.

In the meantime, on FR3 they are starting to worry about their future: for the first time this evening on JT 1/19, the presenter said that last night, 20 million people watched this news, or 4,5% of market share (on the "public service" it's incredible).

To listen to at the end of the log on JT FR3 19-20 of 12-02-2008.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/02/08, 20:34

Remundo wrote:
bham wrote: and secondly a tired element says an element that does not think, a robot what!

Ah, that's why many of my students are always tired ... : Cheesy:

.... in addition in 93, it's not just the TV that prevents them from sleeping I think?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nightrow
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nightrow » 13/02/08, 08:48

Very informative as a program.

What impressed me most is ... the power of pro-nuclear lobbies who manage to be invited to this kind of program. He didn't even take it apart when a speaker said:
"But why replace non-renewable energy with non-renewable energy?"

In any case, the conclusion of this program is clear and clear: the situation is confirmed, the solutions exist, let's take action. I can only welcome this kind of conclusion, sharing it completely.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/08, 09:20

nightrow wrote:Would it not be possible to put on the front page of the econology site an "agenda" of, say, 5 next econological TV broadcasts?
It could be nice not to miss it.

Ben forum can be used as a diary, right? Given the number all the same restricted emission, I do not know if a function "diary" (it is possible) is very useful ...

On the other hand, I can make an effort by writing a short story to present a program ... you still have to read the news ... :|

Good Rss helps to be informed but still https://www.econologie.com/news.xml

ps: I was not too high last night, so I did not watch the evening ... shame on me I know ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 13/02/08, 11:26

Christophe wrote:ps: I was not too high last night, so I did not watch the evening ... shame on me I know ...

Too bad, it was interesting; a lot of info that we already know of course.

In the debate, there were 3 guests: a German climatologist, a? from AREVA (incredible, but what was he doing there), and another German scientist.

As the climatologist had insisted on renewable energies by completely obscuring nuclear power, the AREVA delegate gave a good deal to say that nuclear power is essential in a transitional phase.

I felt a sort of discomfort, an impression that he was (AREVA) on this program to make listeners swallow the nuclear pill "gently".

The report on the rally of the old Mercos and VW diesels which made Washington -> Costa Rica with different recovered oils or obtained in different ways depending on the place was quite interesting !. Paradoxically in Texas, the land of black gold, they make biodiesel industrially from rapeseed (I believe).

In Guatemala, they make oil from this toxic plant which was discussed in this forum (the name ends in "a"), which grows very easily by putting a stem in the ground.

In Nicaraga, in a fish farm, they make oil from fish waste and they power all vehicles and buses + a generator.

They did 8000 km with their old diesels, but hey, this is not exceptional given the simplicity and solidity of these old engines. Apparently they did not have a heater, they started with diesel.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 13/02/08, 11:52

Ah ... very good show than the Thema Arte from last night ...

Especially the debate!

The "renewable" guy had the guts to assert that all technological solutions exist to do without fossil oil altogether. And that the main source was solar, direct or indirect.

Even though the journalist didn't believe him, made him repeat it, saying, "that would be too good".

He then specifies that 400 km² of desert represents thermal energy comparable to current anthropic energy.

Areva's guy serves the buttocks ... : Lol: : Lol:

Then this one leaves smoky arguments saying that it is not possible, that we need complicated infrastructures ...

My eye yes! It may be simple an REP next to photovoltaic panels : Evil: Nothing could be simpler for routing, underground THT lines ... or not, but it's less beautiful and less solid ...

On storage, there are solutions, already used as pumping on WWTP.

The renewable guy has developed a very interesting idea, the interconnection of renewable solar / wind / hydraulic potentials on a global level.

Here is someone who has thought, been calm and posed and who is not a lobbyist blinded by fast neutrons ...

A very remarkable man ... I take my hat off to him. 8)

@+
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 13/02/08, 12:16

Agree on your Remundo analysis, excellent climatilogue, but it has no power, it is AREVA who has the power.

Sarko takes Anne Lauvergeon, CEO of AREVA, in his suitcases, each time he travels in particular to Libya (where they could do solar !!).

But, trade, growth ... above all ..... and quickly.

He then specifies that 400 km² of desert represents thermal energy comparable to current anthropic energy
are you sure it's 400 km2? I think he talked about a 200 km square square ... it would be 40000 km2 rather! but good in the immense deserts it is not a problem.

The real problem would rather be the sand winds so the erosion of the photovoltaic panels + the sand which would settle on it .... and maintenance on the transport networks (+ sabotage in these countries at risk).

I saw a report recently on a huge "park" of PV panels in Portugal, but forgot when and what show.
Last edited by jean63 the 13 / 02 / 08, 12: 40, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/08, 12:29

jean63 wrote:Agree on your Remundo analysis, excellent climatilogue, but he has no power, AREVA has the power.

No, it is Areva's CUSTOMERS who give it its power ...that is to say all of us who consume nuclear kWh!!

A lobby is created by its customers ... so let's refuse nuclear electricity and AREVA will go bankrupt (or be converted) ... and this quickly enough ...

Go tell me: yeah it's impossible to do without nuclear ... yes but you have to know what you want ...
0 x