The earth has surpassed its credit ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/08/10, 20:05

Famines are often synonymous with disastrous management at the national level.

Certainly, but it is even more true at the international level, and this in a structural way.
Malnutrition is, among other things, the consequence of neocolonialism coupled with agricultural policies in the north which work to the disadvantage of the countries of the south in both directions: imports of agricultural surpluses (in the name of "liberalism") at "broken" prices ( since subsidized) and obligation to produce export crops (which are all good land withdrawn from local food crops) in order to reimburse ad nauseum illegitimate debts.
While it is not sustainable to claim that these deaths are deliberately planned, it is nonetheless true that, objectively, they are necessary for the proper functioning of a system that allows others, elsewhere , to live comfortably and in the unconsciousness of their responsibilities ... that is what makes this statement particularly horrible.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/08/10, 20:30

Exact Ahmed, but we would have to question the dogma of growth, of "free trade" (!) ... a vast program!

"Hunger in the world" is shown to us as a sort of irremediable fatality, yet with investment worthy of the name it would be quite possible to stop it.
Especially since its measures must be taken now, because if the industrialized countries do not help their brothers in the South, climate refugees will flock with the pseudo security solutions ($ €) all found advances that we know ( ex: USA / Mexico border) ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/08/10, 20:49

... but we would have to question the dogma of growth, of "free trade" (!)

... and also that of economy!

I do not believe that aid from "industrialized countries to their brothers in the South" is the solution, because that would confirm our intellectual superiority and consolidate a Western model. which is not the solution but the cause of these problems as well as many others that affect us more, since they concern us directly and are insoluble (at least without a paradigm shift!).
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/08/10, 18:07

Ahmed wrote:I do not believe that aid from "industrialized countries to their brothers in the South" is the solution, because that would confirm our intellectual superiority and consolidate a Western model. which is not the solution but the cause of these problems as well as many others that affect us more, since they concern us directly and are insoluble (at least without a paradigm shift!).

While I agree with you, but the concept destructive pays is a principle to generalize, it would still be very far from a virtuous system, but it could improve the lives of many people.
It is not necessary to deceive the system is transform little by little (strategy of the gradient).
The economy being the "mother of all vices" (at least in its current form), it is high time to develop a new model.
The principle of Islamic credit would be an excellent way, remove the wear and tear or the latter to a development aid, delete the speculation etc are concepts to generalize ... there's a job!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/08/10, 20:36

Why do you want to make the officials pay before simply attacking the looting of the countries of the South? Probably did I misunderstand?

The notion of "development" is extremely ambiguous, have you read the fascinating book by Gilbert RIST"Development: history of a Western belief"?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 25/08/10, 20:51

Ahmed wrote:Why do you want to make the officials pay before simply attacking the looting of the countries of the South? Probably did I misunderstand?

Of course Ahmedbut I am very pessimistic about the will of the industrialized countries to stop this looting.
Taxing trade for the benefit of reforestation (to improve daily life in the Sahel, for example) are measures that are fairly quickly achievable.
Even if we agree that it is the principle of the totalitarian economy as a whole that is to be destroyed.

The notion of "development" is extremely ambiguous, have you read Gilbert RIST's fascinating book: "Development: the history of a Western belief"?

I am not reading this book, but there is Development and Development, unfortunately in a logic of systematic perversion of words, a lot of term we see their real meaning changed.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/08/10, 21:52

Taxing trade for the benefit of reforestation (to improve daily life in the Sahel, for example) are measures that are fairly quickly achievable.

Giving with one hand (modestly) to take with another (widely) is obviously modest enough to be "achievable" ...

Have you seen my subject on "A hope for the Sahelian zones?"?

I should read this book G.RIST!
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 26/08/10, 08:39

Ahmed wrote:Why do you want to make the officials pay before simply attacking the looting of the countries of the South? Probably did I misunderstand?

It is a mistake to start from considerations such as the "looting of southern countries": this looting does not exist because the looters are citizens of these countries: it is practically always the leaders of these "banner" republics who '' are putting it in the pockets of the people because external companies have to pay exploitation rights and a% on the volumes extracted ...
Only when corruption has been eliminated will these countries develop ...
As for colonization and "old-fashioned" exploitation, I will also refresh your memory: all the countries of black Africa in contact with the Islamic countries of the North have been exploited for the slave trade and wealth long before Westerners even explored Africa ... Besides, I knew an old black and illiterate Moroccan housekeeper, whose mother was still a slave in a rich Moroccan Arab family (but her more young son living in France is a computer engineer: nice revenge!) ... and these slave practices are still quite common in particular in Islamic countries ... including the richest (Saudi Arabia) except that instead of blacks are Filipinos and other Asians ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 26/08/10, 13:17

Ahmed wrote:
Have you seen my subject on "A hope for the Sahelian zones?"?

Yes, hence my reflection on a "transfer" to help Sahelian peasants, among others.
The Zaï method is very painful, a mechanized help would not be too much, more our leaders so concerned about illegal immigration should understand that it is by this type of measures that we could prevent famines, wars and flows. migration to come.

oiseautempete wrote:

It is a mistake to start from considerations such as the "looting of southern countries": this looting does not exist because the looters are citizens of these countries: it is practically always the leaders of these "banner" republics who '' are putting it in the pockets of the people because external companies have to pay exploitation rights and a% on the volumes extracted ...

And why do you think the big multinational chooses its banana republic?
Who allows the establishment of its puppet governments?

As for colonization and "old-fashioned" exploitation, I will also refresh your memory: all the countries of black Africa in contact with the Islamic countries of the North have been exploited for the slave trade and riches long before Westerners even explored Africa.

The exploitation of man by man is not the prerogative of Westerners.
The domination of the powerful over the weak exists since the dawn of time ...
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 26/08/10, 18:00

sen-no-sen wrote:And why do you think the big multinational chooses its banana republic?
Who allows the establishment of its puppet governments?

Ah, because you think we choose where are the deposits of raw materials? : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
What seeks multinationals is above all stability and security, it does not matter if it is thanks to a bloody dictator ...
An example: Saddam Hussein's Iraq was a dream partner for all industrialists, before he declared war on Iran, because his regime was perfectly stable, the country safe and led by an iron hand ... and more with petrodollards, he bought us a lot of goods ...
0 x