DVD Green Alert!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Benjee
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

DVD Green Alert!

by Benjee » 09/07/07, 11:09

Hello,

I am writing a message to let you know about this new label which produces DVDs on ecology. For the moment three DVDs are available on the official site.

Presentation:

----------------------------------------

Pirates of the living

Realization: Marie-Monique Robin
Duration: 55 min

This film bluntly denounces the patenting of the living, which reduces the value of plants and animals to their market price, and denies the creativity inherent in nature and the work of men. This excellent investigative documentary presents two particularly revolting examples.

Argentina: Hunger soy

Realization: Marie-Monique Robin
Duration: 23 min

Argentina has staked everything on the cultivation of a transgenic soybean produced by Monsanto. The most potent herbicides, also sold by Monsanto, spare soy, but contaminate food crops and people. Health problems, massive deforestation, increasing use of pesticides, Argentina's food security is threatened.

Nuclear controversies

Director: Wladimir Tchertkoff, Emanuela Andreoli, Romano Cavazzoni
Duration: 51 Min.

This film reveals that in the heart of Western civilization, rich and technologically advanced, a programmed scientific crime has been perpetuated for 20 years under high responsibilities, in general indifference and misinformation. An agreement signed by the WHO and the IAEA - the promoter of the nuclear industry - knowingly condemns millions of human guinea pigs to experiment in their bodies with new pathologies in the vast open-air laboratory of territories contaminated by Chernobyl.

The sacrifice

Director: Wladimir Tchertkoff, Emanuela Andreoli
Duration: 24 Min.

On the night of April 26, 1986 and in the months that followed, a million men, called liquidators, were launched against the Chernobyl reactor, to put out the fire, cover the ruins with an improvised sarcophagus and to erase the consequences disaster; at the power station, in the villages, on the roads, in the fields. They fought the radionuclides with their bare hands, using shovels and water jets. Tens of thousands have died and continue to die.

Documentary Prize - Paris International Environmental Film Festival
First prize "TV Report" - Energy film festival de Lausanne

Source (ZDROJ)

Realization: Martin Marcecek
Script: Martin Marcecek, Martin Salsky
Duration: 75 Min.

Baku, in Azerbaijan, where the world's first oil wells were dug, is once again becoming a target for foreign investors seeking to exploit the country's vast oil wealth. "Source" goes up the pipeline from our service stations to the disaster-stricken and surreal landscapes on which our lifestyles depend, where the cows graze on polluted soil and the children play in toxic wasteland. With three quarters of its population living below the poverty line, the post-Soviet government promises that oil will transform the country into a "real country", a kind of prosperous and flourishing "New Kuwait". But between the big oil companies like British Petroleum and the corrupt government that are raking in their pockets, what does this promise mean for the average population of Azerbaijan? Wouldn't this "liquid gold" be a curse more than a blessing for this unstable country?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/07, 11:17

We could perhaps offer these Dvds on our shop https://www.econologie.com/shop/ ? If you are interested, please contact us privately via: https://www.econologie.com/shop/contactez-nous.html

ps: the link of your signature is eroded, please correct it ...
0 x
Benjee
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Benjee » 10/07/07, 16:29

Here, I wrote to you via the contact page. And the link is rectified, thank you for telling me. :D
0 x