Clean diesel according to Honda and Toyota

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Clean diesel according to Honda and Toyota

by jean63 » 01/02/08, 16:06

I did not know this technique which reconciles me with diesel (provided that it works well !!).

In fact, I read in a January 2007 Auto-moto review, this morning in a waiting room, that Mercedes released a similar system (Bluetec) but for the USA and Germany, because diesel must be used. contains less than 15 ppm of sulfur, which is of course not the case in France, as usual we are always late by one length with our PSA FAP : Shock:

Do you know this depollution system?

Clean diesel according to Honda

The diesel never stops evolving, at the charging step moreover. After Toyota, it is Honda's turn to present its revolutionary catalyst. According to the Japanese manufacturer, this filter would make a diesel engine as clean as petrol, in terms of the quality of gaseous emissions.

How? By eliminating nitrogen oxides (Nox), specific to diesel. This is made possible by using ammonia, which turns nitrogen oxide into harmless nitrogen.

Explanation. Honda's catalyst is divided into two parts. The first converts part of the Nox from the exhaust gases into ammonia, then the second uses this ammonia to transform the remaining Nox into nitrogen.

In addition, Honda has improved its excellent 2.2 i-CTDI to adapt it to this catalyst. The injection pressure goes to 2000 bars, which allows finer control of combustion. For its part, the EGR system is optimized. With all these improvements, this engine already meets the very demanding American Tier II Bin 5 standards.

In addition, this confirms that diesel will experience a very strong expansion in the United States. Great upheavals in sight.

source: http://www.leblogauto.com/2006/09/le-di ... honda.html
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).