The ultimate goal of globalization

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/11, 18:44

lejustemilieu wrote:But there were no poor people before the birth of high energies, such as coal, steam, etc.
In short, before the birth of the industry, there was only a simple and sufficient life.

No poor?

Where are you kidding? We all were!

In the Middle Ages, 99% of humanity had a life of misery and toil! The 1% were the nobles by divine right ... and rare traders who managed to do well!

A poor man in our society has access to better comfort than a noble from the Middle Ages ... provided he has a roof!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/12/11, 19:00

The middle made his nickname lie by an excessive simplification!
What he wanted to express, it seems to me, is that the first phase of the industrial revolution resulted in an explosion of pauperism.

As for the "life of misery and toil" of Christophe, it is no more in line with reality: a good part of the working population lived in fairly comfortable conditions (not comparable to ours, of course) and worked rather moderately (very many non-working holidays); even the peasants, generally less well off (to be adjusted according to the status), were less used in winter.

A poor man in our society has access to better comfort than a noble from the Middle Ages ... provided he has a roof!

As the nobleman felt rich, is it therefore that there is degradation? : Lol:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
econololo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by econololo » 18/12/11, 21:58

Christophe wrote:a) The wage in absolute value increases it is on (before the globalization of China, 80% of the Chinese were peasants!) but the standard of living increases less quickly ... because all the rest increases too. To be compared to the curve of the Chinese price index ...

http://obouba.over-blog.com/article-l-e ... 08853.html

http://fr.global-rates.com/statistiques ... chine.aspx

Wages seem to be growing faster than prices ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/11, 23:40

Ok econololo, as it is clear is clear!

The remark was not useless: 5 or 7% of inflation it still hates a good part of the 12 to 13% of wage growth!

Then you have to see how this price index is established: if it's like in France by not taking into account real estate prices ... So when we are at 7% price inflation, the real evolution of the price of life certainly exceeds or feels the 12% ...

Ahmed wrote:a good part of the working population lived in fairly comfortable conditions (not comparable to ours, of course)

It's everything I wanted to say!
0 x