Belgium broke out, debate on the power of media

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 14/12/06, 17:12

Andre wrote: Freedom of the press exists, but the choice of journalists belongs to whoever hires them, and they are handpicked. When we look at who the big bosses of the media are, we understand everything ...
I think in the French media it's the same thing, if a journalist was promoting for Corsica or an independent Brittany he would not stay long in his seat ..

I think you summarized well 8)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/12/06, 17:27

I don't think the separatisms in France are comparable to the Belgian or Quebequois cases. Indeed France knows a real linguistic unit (with the exception of Corsica), unlike Belgium or Canada. There is no real cultural border between a French and a Breton for example. It is not the few bombs posed by lighters of the ciboulot that represents Breton opinion. Besides, Breton or Corsican separatism was never an important theme in the ballot boxes. Often just a pretext for violent / mafia action. Unlike our Belgian neighbors and our Quebec cousins.

Then federalism, Belgian or Canadian, allows to have serious bases and traditions of own political power for Walloons or Quebecers within the federation. The centralism of the Republic makes all this impossible in France.

Admistrative unity, republican centralism and linguistic unity make things in France completely incomparable with Belgium or Quebec. In my humble opinion...
0 x
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by hug » 14/12/06, 17:32

Rulian wrote:Indeed France has a real linguistic unity (with the exception of Corsica)

What are your sources ? What do you mean ?
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 14/12/06, 18:25

Linguistic unit,

well the same language and taught almost the same way.
Sees Spain with Catalan, Basque and Spanish.

In Germany or between Länder they have a hard time understanding each other between Bavarians, Saarlanders, Berliners, the basis is High German, the teaching should be the same, in truth c far from being the case.

There are always exceptions because there are no calenques in Alsace or geographical features but we can say that we understand each other at least, even up to Canada.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 14/12/06, 20:46

Andre wrote:[...] I think that in the French media it is the same thing, if a journalist promoted for a Corsica or an independent Brittany he would not stay long on his seat .. [...]
Rulian wrote:I don't think the separatisms in France are comparable to the Belgian or Quebequois cases. Indeed France knows a true linguistic unit (with the exception of Corsica), [...]
Until not too long ago, it was not allowed to speak Breton at school ...

For a very short time, we have considered that regional languages ​​are part of our heritage and as such they are taught (optional) at college ... (my son is learning Provençal)
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 14/12/06, 22:21

I am fully aware of the ban on Breton a century ago, Bucheron. But it must be recognized that the regional languages ​​(Breton, Basque, Alsatian, Corsican, Provencal) are no longer used at all on a daily basis, except perhaps Corsican, and are rather pieces of museums today, which we teach at the same title as Latin or Ancient Greek. Besides, you say it yourself, we recognize these languages ​​as part of ... heritage. It is very damaging indeed, but it is like that. As for the numerous dialects (the different ch'tis, Picard, Norman and others), these are only variations of French. Patois are no longer widely practiced either.

On the whole the French only speak one language: French. And without quibbling about this or that hometown or region, I think that statement is shared by everyone.

Nothing to do with Belgium or Canada therefore. How to have a cultural identification between two populations who speak two radically different languages? This is at the root of the Belgian problem and the québequois particularism. Look at the example of Czechoslovakia. This state had no legitimacy either in the eyes of the Czechs or in the eyes of the Slovaks, and was only due to Soviet pressure. Communism over, everyone has created their own state, and everything is going well, everyone is happy.

From the outside, I find that Belgium looks furiously like the former Czechoslovakia.

And the Belgians of forum, what do they say?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/06, 22:27

Rulian wrote:I am fully aware of the ban on Breton a century ago, Bucheron.

The Alsatian was largely after the war and during the 30 glorious ...We had to refrancize Alsace ...

Rulian wrote:And the Belgians of forum, what do they say?

Uh I don't think I can consider myself Belgian ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/12/06, 23:19

well, I'm Belgian ...
Walloon to be more precise ....

I come home, my devastated wife who was only heard the beginning of the show tells me the facts, it was the beginning of the show, no blindfold "this is a fiction" I walked for a good quarter of an hour, despite my legs cut off :D

I believe there had already been a superb precedent on American radio in the 30s regarding an invasion of extraterrestrials.

Good lesson, therefore .... already that we knew that we should no longer believe the photos!

That said, a French-speaking Belgium of 4 million inhabitants including Brussels and without the Flemish to make us C ....
it's perfectly livable. AND it is legally possible, they are the ones who want to go.

Some precautions, however:

Recover Rhode St Genèse (sorry Sint genesius Rode) and Linkebeek to make the link with Waterloo (! Ouaterleau!)
Recover some municipalities populated with 80% of French speakers around Brussels
Restore good banking secrecy
Fully tax corporate profits if they are reinvested in Wallonia

Remind the Flemish:

- that they will lose their best customers (50% of turnover), because it is not the French and the Dutch who will rush to buy from them.
- that it was steel and Walloon coal that funded the port of Zeebrugge, part of the port of Antwerp, the Albert canal and a few other details
- that it is mostly the Walloon patriots who were political prisoners in 40-45
- that their language of which they are so proud is an incredible assemblage of patois which bears no resemblance to "the Algemeene Beschaafdt Nederlands" (Dutch General Distinguished) that is taught to Walloon schoolchildren and which is spoken only in the Senate , in the chamber and in the courts. And that if you are able to understand the people of Hasselt, you are not at all sure that you understand the people of Ostend.
- that if, in 1961-63, instead of driving out the French-speaking section of the University of Louvain (the best gift they gave to Wallonia: go and see the surroundings of Wavre to get an idea), they had slowly allowed themselves to be "francized", Belgium would be even richer than it is now, including them, because we would all have had much easier time to conquer the French and Dutch markets.
- and too bad for them when the pole's ice melts: we will make a wall and they will stay on their side! : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/06, 23:23

Thank you elephant for these details ... As far as ET was concerned, Orson Welles and the war of the world spoken on the radio.

I mentioned it in the news of the day: https://www.econologie.com/la-rtbf-tue-l ... -3292.html
0 x
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Independence, languages ​​all that => EXCLUDING SUBJECT!

by hug » 14/12/06, 23:43

Guys, aren't we a bit off topic?
Knowing whether this or that language is shared by all or that Flemish or Walloons are the good guys is probably
interesting. There is much to say.

But it is not the object here!

:)
0 x