Tonight on FR3, Thalassa, it will heat (warming)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Tonight on FR3, Thalassa, it will heat (warming)

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 12:17

A special Thalassa warming will be broadcast tonight on FR3.

Multiplication of greenhouse gases, temperature rise and sea level rise: no one can ignore it yet, our planet is going badly. To better understand the current dangers and those that threaten us, Georges Pernoud and his team propose Friday, May 25 a special issue dedicated to climate change.

Through a trip around the world, we will discover the human consequences of this ecological disaster.

We will go to the Indian Ocean in the Maldives where islands are evacuated due to the rising waters. Then all the way north to Greenland where, as the pack ice becomes more and more rare, the Inuit trade their rifles for nets. Closer to home, head for the Camargue, the most endangered French region, and travel to the Netherlands where we will see how a rich and developed country is fighting against the rising sea. Finally, we will board the schooner Tara, at the end of the polar night, in full arctic drift: on board, scientists who take the pulse of the planet.

With them, we will see the consequences of warming for future generations, and why it is high time to act!

http://www.thalassa.france3.fr/thalassa ... ticle=1664
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/05/07, 14:23

Yes, I will look at that
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/05/07, 20:47

It begins :)
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 25/05/07, 23:02

and there it is 8) , but I think I'll prefer the movie that "Al Gore" made

I saw a piece of it, it's damn well done.

For what we have seen this evening, I would say that only those who will have the means will be able to "survive" honorably, those who have not had time to develop will have the crumbs.
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^