Tata Nano, the cheapest car in the world (India)

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/01/08, 16:28

Targol wrote:To come back to the Logan, it is the only car sold in France for which the air conditioning is optional. I was firmly decided not to take it (890 €, anyway) but many voices dissuaded me

You will see: you will put the air conditioning, because in summer it is an oven ... like all modern cars with large glass surfaces : Mrgreen:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/08, 16:36

Chatham wrote:You will see: you will put the air conditioning, because in summer it is an oven ... like all modern cars with large glass surfaces : Mrgreen:

I almost never put it on with my Picasso (lots of windows everywhere) dark gray (the only exception: on the motorway with the kids inside).
I think I could do without a light gray sedan ....
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/01/08, 16:40

Christophe wrote: What grade would this car get at EuroNcap? Surely not a lot but don't forget that crash tests are done below 50 km / h
Long-term reliability: the reliability and lifespan of our European cars is currently in free fall

The European crash test is 65km / h i.e. 4x more energy ... I don't know if you saw the crash tests made by Renault and Mercedes Benz a few years ago:

Renault: a runner-up tested to current standards has
[u] flattened to the level of the back seat !!!

Mercedes Benz: a Mercedes from the 70s: very little damage (bumper + grille), but the driver is dead (viscera exploded) for sure even with the belt fastened ...

in both brands, a modern car passes the test hands down but the cars are 2% dead, the structure having absorbed energy ...

The Tata would undoubtedly have "0 star" in the crash test just like the first Chinese cars ... Even the Chinese Rovers, however structurally identical to those which were made in England, did not pass the test (cause: steel to shoe the donkeys) : Cheesy:

reliability at half mast? being in the middle, I can assure that it is perfectly normal: it is the consequences of the price war, less manpower, less controls, relocations, etc ...!
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/01/08, 16:47

Targol wrote:I almost never put it on with my Picasso (lots of windows everywhere) dark gray (the only exception: on the motorway with the kids inside).

there is masochism : Lol:
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 10/01/08, 17:01

Chatham wrote:
Targol wrote:I almost never put it on with my Picasso (lots of windows everywhere) dark gray (the only exception: on the motorway with the kids inside).

there is masochism : Lol:

No, activism !!!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/08, 17:12

Chatham wrote:The European crash test is 65km / h i.e. 4x more energy ...

Ah ... but what exactly is "European"? I have always read that it was 46 km / h the crash test (the fastest). I think there are 3 ... Well, we won't quibble, would you have some documentation on current standards please?

For Targol: choosing more security is "normal" (especially in our current world which seeks zero risk at all costs) and it has obviously become a selling point but it is less normal to choose and offer at the same time always more power, torque and acceleration ... it was on this paradoxical behavior on the part of drivers AND manufacturers that I wanted to put my finger on.

ps: i think security is also a "masked" mode of commercial protectionism"in order to reduce the importance on the market of 1st price Asian (and Indian now) models ... as we do not have the" right "to tax imports ... (only the USA have this privilege) ...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 10/01/08, 20:03

Christophe wrote:
Chatham wrote:The European crash test is 65km / h i.e. 4x more energy ...

Ah ... but what exactly is "European"? I have always read that it was 46 km / h the crash test (the fastest). I think there are 3 ... Well, we won't quibble, would you have some documentation on current standards please?

For Targol: choosing more security is "normal" (especially in our current world which seeks zero risk at all costs) and it has obviously become a selling point but it is less normal to choose and offer at the same time always more power, torque and acceleration ... it was on this paradoxical behavior on the part of drivers AND manufacturers that I wanted to put my finger on.

ps: i think security is also a "masked" mode of commercial protectionism"in order to reduce the importance on the market of 1st price Asian (and Indian now) models ... as we do not have the" right "to tax imports ... (only the USA have this privilege) ...

if you read the previous page, I put a link : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/08, 20:07

Pfff it's going too fast no time to read everything : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/01/08, 20:29

Another report on the "nano de tata" in the FR2 20h newscast:

http://jt.france2.fr/20h/

It is not the same as at 13 p.m. It is about consumption: 5 liters / 100 kms.

Given the huge number that will roll in the overcrowded India, there will be CO2 in the atmosphere.

Badly cut emissions reduction !!!!
Last edited by jean63 the 11 / 01 / 08, 11: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Supertux
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Supertux » 11/01/08, 08:00

jean63 wrote:It is about consumption: 5 liters / 100 kms.

Same on arte: indicated at "only" (according to the journalist ...) 5L / 100kms ... And a diesel version planned.

Stagnant supply and sharply increasing demand => explosion in the price of a barrel.
0 x