Rising oil: the 16 Jun stop our engines

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Rising oil: the 16 Jun stop our engines

by EVEN » 12/06/08, 11:00

Bonjour à tous

A message via the internet invited people not to ride the 16 June
does anyone have any info on it?
what do you think of kind of initiative? : roll:
Me personally it's almost every day that my engine is stopped
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 11:02

The 16 June is also a day of peace not?

This is a vast humbug: do not ride a day to ride more the next day and change nothing to its heating habits?

Here is an interesting answer to this proposal: https://www.econologie.com/forums/actions-va ... t5490.html
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 12/06/08, 11:14

Christophe wrote:Here is an interesting answer to this proposal: https://www.econologie.com/forums/actions-va ... t5490.html

The arguments developed by the subject that you mention are actually valid as slow down its speed but on the other hand the message you quoted also said:

"A mass mobilization on June 16 could be publicized, citizens of other countries could imitate us."

Would not the electroshock of such an initiative provoke a deeper debate like the arguments that you underline or other :?: : Wink:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 12:00

I'm sorry but the time is no longer for debate but for concrete and above all sustainable actions... and not just punctual as much ecolo-pipolitic want ...
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 12/06/08, 12:22

if you are just as I have done, the action of communication for awareness is one. :frown:

Example

When I was Parisian I went to the "Vélorution" at the time it was rdv 14pm in Bastille, 10 years later the number of users has increased very strongly :D

The use of this forum is also an example :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 12:29

EVEN wrote:if you are just as I have done, the action of communication for awareness is one. :frown:

Comunication and awareness is my job (well, I try :D ) via econology for several years now ...

What I mean is com for one-off actions and therefore futile it's cat pee ... the "turn off the lights for 5 min" shot is a perfect example.

More politely: it does not serve much if it is not grow the image of the one who launches ... short term effect: no one.

They would do better to denounce the corruption of the subsidy system ...
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 12/06/08, 12:39

Christophe wrote:What I mean is com for one-off actions and therefore futile it's cat pee ... the "turn off the lights for 5 min" shot is a perfect example.

Yes, by the way, what did it give that shot?

Even if your current job concerns awareness raising or communication, the pedagogy also involves concrete actions ... What were the past "protesto-revolutionary" initiatives then used in this case? :?:

I claim for myself the experimentation and I do not necessarily see a Machiavellian action of manipulation politico mediatico ecological ... but rather a timely awakening :!:

Which does not mean that you fall asleep of course :|
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 12/06/08, 12:39

Maybe someone can light up my lantern?

WHAT'S THE POINT ???

Are all these people who protest against rising fuel prices and the decline in purchasing power imagine that someone (the president? The European Union? GOD?) Has a magic wand and ABRACADARA will they provide cars, almost free food, gasoline galore, etc?

Are they so stupid that they do not yet understand that we have lived beyond our means too long, that our model of development is a heresy, that developing countries are not vague abstractions for which we give 10 balls at Christmas or during Ramadan?

Are they so submissive that they imagine that the "big boys" (the president, the union ...) are the only ones capable of providing them with a quality of life, like modern deer waiting for their lord to feed them?

Are they so foolish that they do not imagine we can change the kid's smack-rice-soufflé-kinder-machin by a slice of bread and cheese, more balanced, less polluting and CHEAPER?

Let them take charge of themselves, name of god. To be creative, to imagine a life a little less sad comsomlator and more human.

And not to manifest for infinite essence like Panurge's bulletholes.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 12:42

I think there is a disagreement on the last 2 messages but it does not matter.

For summary my point of view:Obviously, we need to raise awareness, but today we can not be satisfied with THAT awareness.

But many are happy ...
0 x
EVEN
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by EVEN » 12/06/08, 12:44

Christine wrote:Maybe someone can light up my lantern?

WHAT'S THE POINT ???

And not to manifest for infinite essence like Panurge's bulletholes.

On this point I agree with you demonstrating against an overpriced barrel does not rhyme with anything. On the other hand "stopping our engines" can be a means of diverting the debate towards how to move differently.
0 x