Pesticide residues in wines

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/04/08, 16:41

For the more expensive price of organic, this is undoubtedly true for people who live in cities and can only buy from supermarkets.
For these in fact, the "Bio" label is above all a pledge of overbilling and I would not be surprised (although I am not asserting anything) that some of them increase their margins on these products in order to surf the web. wave.

For those who, like me, live in the countryside, and have the possibility of obtaining supplies directly from small producers, organic is not necessarily more expensive.
Its prices have also comparatively dropped compared to non-organic.
Indeed, if the fruits and vegetables (resulting from intensive agriculture) found in supermarkets have taken the full brunt of the increase in the price of oil (pesticides, diesel for agricultural machinery, transport, etc. ), organic producers were less affected.

So, from experience, I really have the impression that the price difference between organic bought directly and pesticide, sanitized and irradiated crap in supermarkets is getting smaller and smaller.

I even regularly find in markets "organic" products (*) less expensive than the tasteless crap in supermarkets.
Of course, this requires accepting to be satisfied with local and seasonal fruits and vegetables.

(*) I put the term "Organic" in quotes because these products are not labeled "AB", the producers not always having the means to pay for the Ecocert controls necessary for the designation. But I know the way these people cultivate.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/04/08, 16:55

For these in fact, the "Bio" label is above all a pledge of overbilling and I would not be surprised (although I am not asserting anything) that some of them increase their margins on these products in order to surf the web. wave.

I am convinced of it.

In an organic magazine I found milk at 1,50 euros / liter (more expensive than diesel !!) and in a large area (average) organic milk is at 1,05 (seen this morning). There is a trick.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 07/04/08, 17:07

martien007 wrote:I am convinced of it.

In an organic magazine I found milk at 1,50 euros / liter (more expensive than diesel !!) and in a large area (average) organic milk is at 1,05 (seen this morning). There is a trick.

Be careful, however, not to forget something: the prices charged by a small independent trader will always be more expensive than those charged by a trade dependent on a central purchasing office.
The power plant buys the quantities necessary to haggle at much lower purchase prices (and to pressurize its suppliers much more).
In addition, the share of costs between a supermarket and a small town center merchant is not really in the same proportions.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."