Renault will remove 6000 positions in the world

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Renault will remove 6000 positions in the world

by Christophe » 10/09/08, 11:12

Almost all automotive manufacturers have been in a rather gloomy situation for some time (with ups and downs). Do they finally understand that growth at all costs and that changing cars every 18 month is NOT THE SOLUTION? In any case, if they don't understand it, the economic situation will make them understand ... and forcibly ... A taste of the end of oil?

Regarding Renault (removing 10% of the workforce is enormous) I think rather that it is a start of massive outsourcing ... firing from the world when you earn money is that it ...

Renault announces new sedan and… 6 000 departures
Automobile. In a difficult context, the manufacturer is looking to regain ground.

Carlos Ghosn is not endowed with the gift of ubiquity but, yesterday, the group he leads managed to unveil at the same time in Geneva the new model of his Mégane, and in Boulogne-Billancourt (Hauts-de-Seine) in the central works council (CCE), a social plan weighed down to 6 000 job cuts in France by 30 April 2009. Renault was therefore on two fronts, one commercial, the other social. On the one hand, it is relaunching, with the Mégane III sedan, the heart of its range. After the failure of sales of the Laguna, the French bet on the most important segment in Western Europe, the mid-range (read opposite). La Mégane represents 30% of group sales. What hope to regain ground on its competitors when Renault went from 10,6% of the market share in Europe in 2003 to 7,6% in 2008 (passenger cars).

In the meantime, and in order to "regain competitiveness", Renault has confirmed the plan for voluntary departures of 4 000 employees in France, including 1 000 in Sandouville (Seine-Maritime) which manufactures the disappointing Laguna. A plan revealed on July 24, along with an increase in the operating margin in the first half of 2008, to 4,1% of turnover, against 3,5% in the first half of 2007. Renault also maintains its objective of reaching 6% by 2009. Yesterday, 2 000 job cuts were added to the 4 000 already planned. Formalized on September 18, they will concern the group's subsidiaries in France and in Europe.

Meeting on the occasion of the CCE, the CGT, the first union represented at Renault, called a strike Thursday on all French sites. "With the sole aim of achieving its target of 6% operating margin, management is eliminating 6 000 positions, suffocating subcontractors and slowing down the renewal of the range," protested Fabien Gache, central delegate. “Meanwhile, the dividends paid to shareholders amounted to 500 million euros in 2005 and should, with identical capital structure, amount to 1 300 million euros in 2009, "he added.

Source: http://www.liberation.fr/actualite/econ ... 100.FR.php

In fact what is a voluntary departure? From what I saw at the JT there are not a lot of voluntary volunteers ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/09/08, 11:17

Bah ... They are traders, that's all.

I heard something about France-Culture during the holidays: in France we train very good engineers, but an increasingly large number of them are now used to optimize offshoring.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/08, 12:01

Yes I confirm! A friend worked on it: optimizing the relocation of automobile factories!

I would have been asked to do that I would have done them one:

Finally it's a chance (for them of course : Mrgreen: ) they never hired me! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 10/09/08, 17:52

Read in blogs.rtl about Renault at the Paris Motor Show next October:

Another star expected on the Renault stand, the Laguna coupé. The sedan version is a commercial disappointment, despite its entry into the European top 3 quality. The Laguna did not find its audience: too expensive and not too aggressive in design according to most observers. Will the coupe save the sedan flop? In any case, Renault is releasing this model equipped with two new engines: an unprecedented V6 dci of 235 ch and an 3.5 V6 petrol which develops 240 ch. For the high-end versions, you will have the Active Drive 4 steering wheels chassis, that is to say that the rear wheels also rotate for better direction, as on the Laguna GT. On the price side, the entry-level 2.0 l 170 automatic ch should start from 37 000 € ...

Entry level at 37000 € ... : Lol:

How much did it cost to develop this wonder? : Shock:

And what is Renault's advertising budget? : Shock:

I imagine there will be some problems on the Renault stand, the CGT must prepare this for us.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/08, 18:07

Dark industrial France is not new ... what is new is that it is now the fault of many managers of large French companies!
0 x