Renault: the environment = opportunity for the automobile

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Renault: the environment = opportunity for the automobile

by jean63 » 15/01/08, 16:34

Renault sees the environment as an opportunity
by Benoît Van Overstraeten

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Renault intends to take advantage of the increasing constraints on vehicle cleanliness, which respond to the growing concerns of consumers regarding the environment.

"The environment has become a real opportunity for Renault in the long term," said Alice de Brauer, environmental plan director at the manufacturer, in an interview with Reuters on the occasion of the Brussels motor show.

She added that Renault was on track to reach the target of one million cars sold emitting less than 140 grams of carbon dioxide (CO2) per kilometer by 2009, a third of which emitting less than 120 g / km.
Without giving a precise figure for 2007, Alice de Brauer said that he would exceed 800.000 - against 780.000 in 2006. To reduce vehicle emissions, Renault did not find "magic technology" but has implemented a whole range of measures............... ;;;

source: http://www.boursorama.com/infos/actuali ... ws=5031745

They are not about to stop traditional petrol and diesel engines since they are very satisfied with the results obtained by improving the existing fleet. : Shock:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

Re: Renault: the environment = opportunity for cars

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 16:39

jean63 wrote:They are not about to stop traditional petrol and diesel engines since they are very satisfied with the results obtained by improving the existing fleet. : Shock:

Well yes and it is mainly because they have no viable alternative to the liquid fuel explosion engine (gas strictly speaking) ... and this even in the medium term ... will continue the DIY and improvements to win a few% but there will be no more revolution on the side of heat engines ... unless ... nah we can always dream ...

Those who don't see what I'm thinking: https://www.econologie.com/moteur-a-inje ... -3590.html
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 01 / 08, 18: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/01/08, 17:52

There is indeed an alternative, it is the massive thermal / electric hybridization ... Renault could well do it since it is already well placed for the "little totos" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 17:55

It's not a "real" alternative since it still uses a heat engine ...

I think that a good research path while staying on thermal is the downsizing diesel hybrid in short the reverse of what we are currently doing ... (lexus hybride 400 cv)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/01/08, 18:01

This deserves a clarification, which goes in the direction of downsizing. I am thinking of a "toto" which has 60 electric hp and 50 thermal hp.

All electric in town, and even on the road. A little thermal boost on the highway and / or recharge the batteries.

And, and, and! Electric recharging of batteries at home.

Sure that with that, it's 2L at 100 km easy! And we also understand at the same time why no one does it ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 15/01/08, 18:40

2L at 100km ... it leaves me dreaming :D

we finally come to the same conclusions as for aeronautics, the enemy is the weight.

apart from MDI, I don't see
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/08, 19:20

Remundo wrote:This deserves a clarification, which goes in the direction of downsizing. I am thinking of a "toto" which has 60 electric hp and 50 thermal hp.

Uh that makes 110 in total ... does that call you downsizing? : Shock:
And what about 50 in total, including electric 20?

For the 2L / 100 and the reduced weight it has existed for a while:

But leave it original ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 16/01/08, 09:51

Remundo wrote:This deserves a clarification, which goes in the direction of downsizing. I am thinking of a "toto" which has 60 electric hp and 50 thermal hp.

All electric in town, and even on the road. A little thermal boost on the highway and / or recharge the batteries.

And, and, and! Electric recharging of batteries at home.

Sure that with that, it's 2L at 100 km easy! And we also understand at the same time why no one does it ...

In 2010 Toyota will put on sale a plug-in hybrid with Li-Ion batteries, in addition to the Prius. The car will run electric most of the time and incidentally thermal / electric. (Announcement made by the boss of Toyota last Sunday at the Detroit auto show).
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/01/08, 10:11

Hi Maximus Leo

This is what I need then ... It must be recognized that the Japanese have understood and acted for more than 10 years in the right direction.

But 2010 is still a long way off ... and I remember Peugeot announcing an HDi hybrid for 2008, an 307 I believe ... no comment.

@+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/01/08, 10:16

Christophe wrote:Uh that makes 110 in total ... does that call you downsizing? : Shock:
And what about 50 in total, including electric 20?

But leave it original ... : Mrgreen:

And yes Christophe, 50 Ch is small as a power. However, to fuel a little on the highway, 80 Ch is a minimum. And the electric runs out very quickly in this case. Now we can go further ... and take your solex moped : Lol:

In addition, downsizing does not mean "reduction of power", it would be downpowering ... In the jargon of manufacturers, downsizing means a smaller engine with substantially equal power.

@ +, great your mob :P
0 x