Renault: the environment = opportunity for the automobile

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/01/08, 16:14

Have you seen the advertisement on the C4 Hdi? 3,8 l / 100 km it seems! So what can be the interest of a given hybrid Hdi also for 3,8 l / 100 km?
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 20/01/08, 18:27

Christophe wrote:Here!

How would you like to embark on a project to develop complete specifications for a downsized hybrid urban vehicle?

I am very serious ... as the manufacturers do not do it ... let us do it for them!

Manufacturers do not do this because a purely urban vehicle does not sell ... and too light it is prohibited by safety standards ... (unless using materials as exotic as expensive and difficult to see impossible to recycle ...)
Personally a vehicle under motorized I do not want it (I know seen that I made years of LNA 34cv): too dangerous in overtaking, and at the slightest hill we lose a lot of speed (the power is then preponderant ).
The ideal is a sufficient motorization (assisted by the electric as on the Prius) to be able to accelerate quickly with 2/3 to 3/4 of gas (not to bottom because one is then in mode "rich"), because if we accelerate to a minimum, the instantaneous consumption is certainly much lower, but spread over a much longer period the total is greater than the first case ... (and in addition it is ch ..., so the choice is quickly done ...).
On the other hand, Honda had made the pretty little Insight coupe (never sold in France) which was generally effective with a small hybrid engine thanks to excellent aerodynamics and reduced weight (aluminum body), but very expensive ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/01/08, 18:43

Leo Maximus wrote:Have you seen the advertisement on the C4 Hdi? 3,8 l / 100 km it seems! So what can be the interest of a given hybrid Hdi also for 3,8 l / 100 km?

The C4 is surely not 3.8L in the city ... the C1 must be, with luck, less than 5L / 100 in the city ...

An hdi hybrid would therefore make 4L in the city ... with luck ... and a good power outlet ...
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 20/01/08, 21:15

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:Have you seen the advertisement on the C4 Hdi? 3,8 l / 100 km it seems! So what can be the interest of a given hybrid Hdi also for 3,8 l / 100 km?

The C4 is surely not 3.8L in the city ... the C1 must be, with luck, less than 5L / 100 in the city ...
An hdi hybrid would therefore make 4L in the city ... with luck ... and a good power outlet ...

3,8 l / 100 km AMHA is standard fuel consumption, the one to sell. It should be noted that PSA / Citroën has already been condemned in the past for false advertising on this subject.

A colleague of my wife drove a rental Prius for two months, then she bought a 307 automatic petrol, resulting in consumption in the city more than doubled.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 21/01/08, 07:01

Leo Maximus wrote:The C4 is surely not 3.8L in the city ...
3,8 l / 100 km AMHA is standard fuel consumption, the one to sell.

A colleague of my wife drove a rental Prius for two months, then she bought a 307 automatic petrol, resulting in consumption in the city more than doubled.

The robotic C4 HDI 110cv box 6 consumes 5.8L in the city, 3.8L in extra urban at 90km / h ... The HDI 1.6L 110cv engine is well known for being very economical, even on a relatively heavy car like the C4 ...
Note that my C2 stop and start petrol 90hp (robotised gearbox) is given 4.8L to 90 and I could see that it is correct on road ~ flat and windless on cruise control) ... By cons in town even with stop and start it is 6.8L (I do too little city to have been able to verify, but in any case I have never exceeded 6L / 100 on average on a full all combined (city + highway + road) , which is good for a gasoline ...
A 307 auto indeed it eats a lot because the engine as the box are quite old (idem 206, but with 200kg more to pull ...)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/01/08, 16:02

Chatham wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:The C4 is surely not 3.8L in the city ...
3,8 l / 100 km AMHA is standard fuel consumption, the one to sell.

The robotic C4 HDI 110cv box 6 consumes 5.8L in the city, 3.8L in extra urban at 90km / h ... The HDI 1.6L 110cv engine is well known for being very economical, even on a relatively heavy car like the C4 ...
Note that my C2 stop and start petrol 90hp (robotised gearbox) is given 4.8L to 90 and I could see that it is correct on road ~ flat and windless on cruise control) ... By cons in town even with stop and start it is 6.8L (I do too little city to have been able to verify, but in any case I have never exceeded 6L / 100 on average on a full all combined (city + highway + road) , which is good for a gasoline ...
A 307 auto indeed it eats a lot because the engine as the box are quite old (idem 206, but with 200kg more to pull ...)

Take me out of a doubt: the C2 is very small as a car? In the trunk you put a travel bag and it is full?

How much CO2 emission / km?

How much is its stop & start price?

It is very good for commuting to work and shopping in town, but for the family ..... no safe no thanks.

In fact the Toyota Prius Hybrid is perhaps not that bad as a compromise because it has a respectable trunk and a very low consumption <that of this C2? Well it is better to compare it to the C4 Hdi.

Of course the price is not the same but there is a large deduction for the low CO2 emission.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 21/01/08, 17:13

jean63 wrote:Take me out of a doubt: the C2 is very small as a car? In the trunk you put a travel bag and it is full?

It is very good for commuting to work and shopping in town, but for the family ..... no safe no thanks.

Not big but more than enough for a couple (nearly 1.90m) with luggage for 2 weeks of "ouacances" (2 large travel bags + a pack of water), but it still weighs 1050kg ... 1100km this summer in 13h including stops at 5.5L / 100 on average with 70% highway at 130 (return ditto), very few cities, commuting to work by bike for Mr. and Mrs. ...
emission of Co² 133g, therefore no ecological bonus (in essence there is only the C1 which is entitled to it)
price: 15000 € all round (but paid 14000 because manufacturer discount) without any option (it is a specific model), but very original equipment (robotic box, auto air conditioning, cruise control, cd player, etc ...
When I was young, with my parents we went on vacation at 4 + the cat in 2cv and it did it too ... but we got a taste for luxury ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/01/08, 18:34

Chatham wrote:
jean63 wrote:Take me out of a doubt: the C2 is very small as a car? In the trunk you put a travel bag and it is full?

Not big but more than enough for a couple (nearly 1.90m) with luggage for 2 weeks of "ouacances" (2 large travel bags + a pack of water), but it still weighs 1050kg ... 1100km this summer in 13h including stops at 5.5L / 100 on average with 70% highway at 130 (return ditto), very few cities, commuting to work by bike for Mr. and Mrs. ...
emission of Co² 133g, therefore no ecological bonus (in essence there is only the C1 which is entitled to it)
price: 15000 € all round (but paid 14000 because manufacturer discount) without any option (it is a specific model), but very original equipment (robotic box, auto air conditioning, cruise control, cd player, etc ...
When I was young, with my parents we went on vacation at 4 + the cat in 2cv and it did it too ... but we got a taste for luxury ... : Mrgreen:

For your needs this is perfect.

I am still surprised by the price of 15000 euros for such a small car, but hey I lost the notion of new car price for a very long time !!.

How many additional "integrated options" (robotic box, auto air conditioning, cruise control, cd player, etc ...) are there compared to a basic C2?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/01/08, 21:40

Renault is releasing an electric Megane, not even a hybrid with 200 km of autonomy

My time, a small city car for shopping, going to work, going to pick up the kids at school, going to a party within 100 terminals does not need more
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/01/08, 22:25

Capt_Maloche wrote:Renault is releasing an electric Megane, not even a hybrid with 200 km of autonomy

My time, a small city car for shopping, going to work, going to pick up the kids at school, going to a party within 100 terminals does not need more

I saw the report on FR2 this evening. I'm going to make a post: she looks well thought out ( interchangeable batteries easily and quickly in specialized stations).

But it is not planned for France because Israel risks being deprived of oil by its Arab neighbors ..... then here we are moving ... this is what was told to the JT.
0 x