Renault: the environment = opportunity for the automobile

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 18/01/08, 12:29

Flytox wrote:Bonjour à tous
Chatham wrote:Otherwise, to drive economically, there is, as has already been suggested, the solex (1.1L / 100km with catalyst)) which is always available as new (Black n'roll), but do not be in a hurry and give your no one in the ribs ...

[Off-topic mode ON]
Can not let this pass: The Solex engine has a very poor efficiency (specific consumption). It develops royally 0.7 CV (514W) by consuming 1.1 liters per 100 km at 30 km / h. It’s 481.5 gr / kw.h : Mrgreen:
(Cs = (1100 * 0.75 * 3600) / (12000 * 0.514)).
And that is for an engine in perfect condition. Normal operation is rather with a little choke if not the engine chokes but there the consumption is close to 2 liters per 100 km.
[Off-topic mode OFF]
A+

Absolutely! And how long did a Solex engine last? Personal experience: very little time and how many km? AMHA a quick calculation gives me less than 10000 km!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 18/01/08, 12:45

jean63 wrote:I discovered this study on the Prius and I see that its estimated lifespan is 100000 km (this is incompatible with the 8 year warranty on the entire battery and electric part ..... I think). that corresponds to 12500 km per year.
When I see that my R25 GPL is 19 years old and 310000 km, one can wonder about these sophisticated vehicles.
There frankly it puts a doubt in my mind (including the history of nickel for batteries.
I'm going to go to the Prius fan site and ask them the question.

If the service life of the Prius was estimated at 100000 km it would be a problem because Toyota guarantees 160000 km all the components of the Prius hybrid system : Lol: See the attached scan.

The CEO of Toyota said that nickel batteries would soon be replaced by lithium batteries as the price of nickel tripled.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 18 / 01 / 08, 12: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/08, 12:51

Remundo wrote:And yes Christophe, 50 Ch is small as a power. However, to fuel a little on the highway, 80 Ch is a minimum. And the electric runs out very quickly in this case. Now we can go further ... and take your solex moped : Lol:

I disagree for 2 reasons (at least)

A) it takes 30 hp to reach 100 km / h for an average car
B) carburize = accelerate I think according to you? So a 30 hp engine would not have enough torque to accelerate "well" for you? This can be compensated for by an electric motor having precisely, unlike heat engines, its maximum torque at low speed. The downsizing + hybrid combination is therefore the solution for the city in my opinion.

Remundo wrote:In addition, downsizing does not mean "reduction of power", it would be downpowering ... In the jargon of manufacturers, downsizing means a smaller engine with substantially equal power.

Almost no agreement: downsizing means motor with higher average load (therefore higher average efficiency) so for the same power demand, it is necessary to decrease the max power. of the motor to increase its average load.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/08, 13:11

Leo Maximus wrote:http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/18012007/321/le-hummer-plus-ecolo-que-la-prius-0.html

Moué is the famous American study we talked about here: less green than hummer ?

Has anyone only found the full report of this study in order to understand the different criteria analyzed?
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/01/08, 14:33

Hi Christophe, hello everyone,

First, I read
The Solex is not as ecological as it is believed because it is necessary to pedal in the coasts of the blow one breathlessly and one releases more CO2 then as one made an additional effort it is necessary to feed more and the food industry that pollutes the environment a lot. In addition, the engine is a ridiculously efficient 2-stroke engine that rejects carcinogenic hydrocarbons

And we have to admit that everything is right in this sentence ... Now, a Solex is better than a Hummer from the point of view of CO2 rejection, but if the CO2 / power output is lower.

Also, I suggest that everyone stops breathing and no longer moves or eats ... :P

Let's debate, let's debate :D ...
Christophe wrote:A) it takes 30 hp to reach 100 km / h for an average car
B) carburize = accelerate I think according to you? So a 30 hp engine would not have enough torque to accelerate "well" for you? This can be compensated for by an electric motor having precisely, unlike heat engines, its maximum torque at low speed. The downsizing + hybrid combination is therefore the solution for the city in my opinion.

For A, it's true, but it doesn't go fast enough for my taste on the highway, and to tow a load, or even 4 passengers a little big, it's too weak.

For B, it is also necessary to take into account criteria of comfort and driving safety: 80 hp, it is necessary to put a gas boost and overtake a truck that travels at 90 km / h without it lasting 6 km. .. especially if you are on a national !!

An 80 hp engine can very well be used at 40 hp by easing off, which is in line with your point of view from A.

For Bbis, on the electric motor, I agree with you. As the electric motor no longer sends much torque at high speed (> 100 km / h) ... it's not good to overcome the wind drag on the car. On the other hand, it is nickel for the city!

Almost no agreement: downsizing means motor with higher average load (therefore higher average efficiency) so for the same power demand, it is necessary to decrease the max power. of the motor to increase its average load.

The problem is that the term "downsizing" has become a bag of potatoes where we put all the engine variants, even when they are no longer downsizing in the strict sense. : Shock: ... Basically, downsizing means reducing the size of the engine, then the additional conditions' at equal power "were added, and recently" at higher power ".

The latest Volkswagen TSI engines are a good example, because they even achieve significant up-power from downsizing.

This requires, as you say, to increase its average load, and often to provide it with efficient injection systems, and often with supercharging. The yield is generally better.

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/08, 14:42

For reasons of torque curve, I think that one cannot objectively compare a thermal CV and an electric CV on an accelerating vehicle.

I do not know the precise figures in mind but I think that an electric motor of 5 Cv can develop the torque of a thermal engine from 20 to 25 Cv ...

Me I'm wrong? :?:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/01/08, 15:11

Provided that you balance tens of amperes at low voltage (moderate power therefore) an electric motor will make you the couple you want, because its torque is that of the forces of the place, themselves proportional to the magnetic field and the amperage exciting the windings.

On the contrary, the standard thermal engine always has roughly the same torque, with a small peak at 20 or 30 DaN.m around 2500 or 3000 rpm, which means that we need the gearbox.

Hence hybridization to make the most of both technologies while avoiding their disadvantages, while no longer polluting in urban situations : Idea:

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/08, 15:14

Here!

How would you like to embark on a project to develop complete specifications for a downsized hybrid urban vehicle?

I am very serious ... as the manufacturers do not do it ... let us do it for them!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/01/08, 15:20

Why not ? :D
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/01/08, 15:33

But we should offer the technologies that go with it : Idea:
0 x