Renault launches an electric car in Israel: JT FR2 20h

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Renault launches an electric car in Israel: JT FR2 20h

by jean63 » 22/01/08, 00:32

This electric Renault exists but the boss Carlos Ghosn does not promise anything for France!

He justifies this production in Israel to protect himself from a problem of oil supply by his Arab neighbors!

So when you want, you can: 200 km of autonomy and terminals for exchanging batteries =>

http://jt.france2.fr/20h/

Click on "Israel: Renault launches an electric car"
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/01/08, 15:36

That's it ! it is surely better than compressed air, there is more than reducing the weight and increasing autonomy

Same equipment for a twingo or Modus and hop type vehicle, 400 km of range

and that's it! other questions? : Cheesy:

PS: I'm sure we can import it from Israel, I have family over there
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 22/01/08, 15:56

yes, why prefer the nuclear electric car to compressed air?

I saw a car type MDI offering assistance with vegetable oil, all for less than 10.000 € it seems to me ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/01/08, 16:25

Capt_Maloche wrote:That's it ! it is surely better than compressed air, there is more than reducing the weight and increasing autonomy

Same equipment for a twingo or Modus and hop type vehicle, 400 km of range

and that's it! other questions? : Cheesy:

PS: I'm sure we can import it from Israel, I have family over there

there is also this (Indian) marketed in Belgium:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post68483.html#68483
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 22/01/08, 19:50

jonule wrote:yes, why prefer the nuclear electric car to compressed air?
I saw a car type MDI offering assistance with vegetable oil, all for less than 10.000 € it seems to me ...

because the average user will run his "nuclear" compressor in the evening at home :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 23/01/08, 08:31

Capt_Maloche wrote:
jonule wrote:yes, why prefer the nuclear electric car to compressed air?

because the average user will run his "nuclear" compressor in the evening at home :D

This is why EDF, not to be outdone in the price of fossil fuels, is starting to consider raising its prices VERY seriously. :D
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 23/01/08, 09:47

ben must say that electricity compresses compressed air, but ... a compression of compressed air tank must consume less than charging an electric car anyway ?!

and then look at the MDI generator: production of electricity from compressed air STORED:
"
Strong of their modular character, the MDI mechanics are in this case associated with generators for the production of electrical energy:

- temporarily for single-energy generator sets. Automatically in the event of a power cut, only air supplies the motor which drives the current generator. Autonomy is directly linked to the capacity of the air tanks. These tanks are filled by the engine, in compressor mode when the electrical network is in operation. Due to the absence of a starter battery and fuel, maintenance is reduced to its simplest form.

- continuously for the generators producing electricity. The engine operates through continuous external combustion (like dual-energy CATs engines), generated by an energy adjuvant (fossil or vegetable fuel), in the liquid or gaseous state. The air necessary for the operation of the engine is produced by the latter.
"

these groups also do cogeneration for heat or cold.

http://www.mdi.lu/fra/affiche_fra.php?page=ge

and then we can always use a bicycle pump in case of breakdown : Cheesy: I laugh but they offer assistance diesel fuel and even vegetable oil for more autonomy!

and when we know that a compressor is a piston connected to an axis, we can very well consider compression by wind turbines and by dams or mills!

the yield would only be better! rather than transformation and retransformation, without counting the transport (electric always)

so ?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 23/01/08, 14:14

The key is to know what the performance of the different solutions is.

jonule wrote:ben must say that electricity compresses compressed air, but ... a compression of compressed air tank must consume less than charging an electric car anyway ?!

It is not that obvious. Figures are needed.

jonule wrote:the yield would only be better! rather than transformation and retransformation, without counting the transport (electric always)

The air must also be "transformed" and then transported. You have to see the overall performance. I do not have the knowledge or the material to calculate it.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/01/08, 15:07

jonule wrote:
so ?

So indeed, it's a great way to store energy for later restitution

and in addition, with the relaxation of the air, we can do air conditioning at the same time : Cheesy:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 27/01/08, 15:39

0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)