PSA: full pot on the gas engine

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

PSA: full pot on the gas engine

by martien007 » 11/06/08, 00:30

Confirmation of what Bucheron said:

http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=ht ... 55102.html

PSA will develop the gasoline engine for small cars !!!!! how a simple "cost at the pump" can change Ret D's policy; this is proof that all the advantages of diesel were pipo, so a lie linked to the low price of diesel, that's all ..... we can't believe anyone. : Shock:

We realize that particle filters on small cars it becomes too expensive given the price of diesel. : Lol:
0 x
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 11/06/08, 14:34

The positive side is that there will be fewer particles emitted by small engines dedicated to small urban journeys and which do not have time to heat up.
The PSA hybrid cars mentioned in the article are as famous as the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti: everyone has heard of them but no one has ever seen them drive.
To say that a time ago they promised us diesel hybrids, the ultimate revolution in economical cars.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/06/08, 15:47

that was to avoid playing with vegetable oil ...

MDI offers a prototype for € 5000, running compressed air (city) + vegetable oil assistance (from French fries eat in) for the road!

we are still waiting for the stirling engine coupled to the exhaust which recharges the batteries of the electric hyrbide engine ...

but what do the oil manufacturers do? they want to sell us alcohol at all costs ?!
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 11/06/08, 15:50

Bougonnator wrote:The positive side is that there will be fewer particles emitted by small engines dedicated to small urban journeys and which do not have time to heat up.
The PSA hybrid cars mentioned in the article are as famous as the Loch Ness monster or the Yeti: everyone has heard of them but no one has ever seen them drive.
To say that a time ago they promised us diesel hybrids, the ultimate revolution in economical cars.

that's clear; they backtrack! the pro-diesel arguments will fade with the increase in diesel. in fact it is the good opportunity to make the turn, but it would be necessary to make small gasoline-electric hybrids for the city.
0 x
vincent1606
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by vincent1606 » 11/06/08, 15:50

there is something that bothers me

the essence has a calorific value of:
4400kJ / kg

diesel

43000kJ / kg

I could be wrong, but for me the diesel will necessarily have more power than the gasoline of equal quantity injected into a combustion chamber.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 11/06/08, 16:53

Bougonnator wrote:The positive side is that there will be fewer particles emitted by small engines dedicated to small urban journeys and which do not have time to heat up.

Ditto for petrol engines whose catalysts do not have time to heat up on short journeys.

If we compare the consumption of two identical models, one for petrol and the other for diesel, we know very well that the one using diesel will consume 1 to 3 l / 100kms less than the one using diesel. petrol. Similarly, the consumption range, from urban to road, is less extensive for a diesel vehicle than for petrol.
But the fact is that diesel engines have become so advanced that they can lead to very high repair costs, unsuitable for less industrialized countries for example.
So either PSA takes this turn to become the engine manufacturer of cheap cars, or it hopes to obtain the same performance as a diesel engine while being less sophisticated.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/06/08, 19:01

vincent1606 wrote:I could be wrong, but for me the diesel will necessarily have more power than the gasoline of equal quantity injected into a combustion chamber.

Yes you're wrong, that's good I just put a doc online:
https://www.econologie.com/proprietes-de ... -3836.html
and as a reminder: https://www.econologie.com/les-carburant ... s-646.html

Otherwise for the news, that's good, PSA will spend a few tens of millions of euros to redo what smart did more than 10 years ago ... No comment ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 12/06/08, 00:37

But the fact is that diesel engines have become so advanced that they can lead to very high repair costs, unsuitable for less industrialized countries for example.
So either PSA takes this turn to become the engine manufacturer of cheap cars, or it hopes to obtain the same performance as a diesel engine while being less sophisticated.

"very high repair costs, unsuitable for less industrialized countries" not very high and known to everyone, so that Hdi vehicles which start to have 100000 kms find fewer and fewer buyers for fear of having a breakage which is very expensive for the garage ..... a shame for diesel engines which had the reputation of being very solid (Mercedes and even Peugeot had very reliable diesel engines and could last + sieurs hundreds of thousands of kms, only they were sluggish and spat black).

If they want to make very sophisticated petrol engines, there may be the same problem as with high pressure diesels.
Last edited by martien007 the 12 / 06 / 08, 00: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 00:39

bham wrote:So either PSA takes this turn to become the engine manufacturer of cheap cars, or it hopes to obtain the same performance as a diesel engine while being less sophisticated.

I think that PSA mostly got in touch with his friends from TOTAL who assured him that diesel fuel would never drop compared to petrol again ... It may soon be even more expensive ...

A petrol injection engine is no less "fragile" than a hdi ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: PSA: full pot on the petrol engine

by Woodcutter » 21/06/08, 19:03

martien007 wrote:Confirmation of what Bucheron said:

http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=ht ... 55102.html
Ah, because in addition you doubted what I said? :frown:

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

martien007 wrote:how a simple "cost at the pump" can change Ret D's policy; this is proof that all the advantages of diesel were pipo, so a lie linked to the low price of diesel, that's all ..... we can't believe anyone. : Shock:
Nothing to see !

Simply put, PSA knows very well (for some time now, it has not been done with a snap of the fingers) that the Diesel which will have to pass Euro6 (theoretically in 2014, but that could move) will not be able to ignore systems DeNOx ...
And a system like that is too expensive to be profitable on small vehicles, so they develop their research into something else.
But believe me that they will not drop Diesel for the higher ranges for a while longer! (and they are technically right ...)

martien007 wrote:We realize that particle filters on small cars it becomes too expensive given the price of diesel. : Lol:
The FAP alone will go limit, anyway it will be mandatory de facto next year with Euro5.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."