France Evening, poor and bankrupt, last free and critical newspaper or conspiratorial newspaper?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: France Evening, poor and bankrupt, last free and critical newspaper or conspiratorial newspaper?

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/20, 16:50

Christophe wrote:I do not understand the logic of INSEE to compare the heat wave of 2003 and Covid of 2020 ...

The interest is to characterize a relatively sudden phenomenon of excess mortality, not necessarily to compare them.

But indeed they compare, but also introduce a "standardization", which allows to take into account the evolution of demography in number on the one hand and in age on the other hand. According to their estimates, the same heatwave in 2003 would have killed 23700 instead of 15300 if the 2003 population had been that of 2020.
Personally, it seemed very educational to me.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: France Evening, poor and bankrupt, last free and critical newspaper or conspiratorial newspaper?

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/20, 16:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:I do not understand the logic of INSEE to compare the heat wave of 2003 and Covid of 2020 ...

The interest is to characterize a relatively sudden phenomenon of excess mortality, not necessarily to compare them.

But indeed they compare, but also introduce a "standardization", which allows to take into account the evolution of demography in number on the one hand and in age on the other hand. According to their estimates, the same heatwave in 2003 would have killed 23700 instead of 15300 if the 2003 population had been that of 2020.

Ah yes no worries that's very good.

But nothing to do with their tweet
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/20, 16:56

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But nothing to do with their tweet

Which? This one?

The analysis to which FranceSoir refers does not come from INSEE. We will publish tomorrow (Friday 18/09) an Insee Première on # deaths # COVID19 (in comparison with those related to the 2003 heat wave) #statisticss
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/09/20, 17:01

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:But nothing to do with their tweet

Which? This one?

The analysis to which FranceSoir refers does not come from INSEE. We will publish tomorrow (Friday 18/09) an Insee Première on # deaths # COVID19 (in comparison with those related to the 2003 heat wave) #statisticss

At the time for me on their tweet I had interpreted as a response to the FS article

So I still don't understand anything Image

The two have nothing to do with each other in the end Image

And unless I'm mistaken, FS's analysis is based on INSEE figures (well that's what they claim)
It remains to be seen whether it is fair.

But as I said previously ... uh prediction without any interest since we will know in a few months Image
Last edited by Adrien (ex-nico239) the 18 / 09 / 20, 17: 03, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/20, 17:01

sicetaitsimple wrote:The interest is to characterize a relatively sudden phenomenon of excess mortality, not necessarily to compare them.

Mouais mouais mouais ... Let's admit ... except that covid does not kill only lonely old people (it's not pejorative, it's an observation that explains the hecatomb of 2003 ...)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/20, 17:31

Christophe wrote:Mouais mouais mouais ... Let's admit ... except that covid does not kill only lonely old people (it's not pejorative, it's an observation that explains the hecatomb of 2003 ...)

Finally! they compare numbers, not causes or circumstances! This is the business of others.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/09/20, 17:50

Well, I was only responding to your argument ...

When you're honest, you have to compare numbers ...in (more or less) the same circumstances no ?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/09/20, 18:10

As regards calculations of significant episodes of excess mortality, there will never be "the same circumstances".

Afterwards, we compare, or not ... not to explain, just to gauge the consequences of this or that event in relation to another.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 18/09/20, 18:44

:?: Was it Simple's subliminal minute: ............ : Arrowd: ...... Image
"- hydroxychloroquine does not work against heatwaves! » Image
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/09/20, 21:10

no, but that's a big deal in the discussions around the COVID19 crisis.

this is what I call the "biaibiais neurosis".

biaibiais neurosis is to refrain from considering any figure and comparing it to another on the pretext that there are biases.

In summary, the obsession with bias focuses all the dialectical energy and ultimately prohibits any plausible reasoning, even realistic in orders of magnitude.

We have Biaibiais gentlemen (mostly men, but women are rarer on "our" forums), frenzied brawlers and quibblers of their condition, who spend their lives mocking the biaibiais and destroying any hope of moving the debate forward. It's not just about Economy that I have seen.

Their immobility and their deep doubt, not to say neurotic to paralyze others too, contrast with the Earth which continues to rotate, and the movement that must be maintained to progress, especially in an emergency involving an element of the unknown.

to the wise.
1 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."