13 / 05 / 09 exhibits: the new barbouzes

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

13 / 05 / 09 exhibits: the new barbouzes

by bham » 14/05/09, 15:15

I invite you to watch this new report by Elise Lucet, on FR3
http://info.francetelevisions.fr/video- ... CTION&ids=

If the title "the new barbouzes: when the private sector gets out of hand" seems trivial, the report actually teaches us what each of us would like not to believe: that respect for our private life does not exist, that the public service is in party at the origin of these violations and that we are moving towards a society increasingly monitored.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/05/09, 15:24

More and more watched ... yes but we are also more and more free (for example to move around, communicate, get information ...).

So a priori one could believe it but I had heard a very relevant argument on this subject some time ago.

Do you think that in the small villages where 90% of people lived 200 or 300 years ago, we were no more watched than now? Everyone knew almost everything about everyone ... and trade and conflicts were ... daily!

The current difference is that we "anonymize" this cop (we know that you are being watched but not by whom), that we merchant and politicize it. There it becomes serious ...

I did not watch the PAC.
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 05 / 09, 15: 28, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/05/09, 15:27

Worrying, indeed ...
In Belgium, the profession is severely regulated: approval from the Ministry of the Interior, compulsory training and selection, withdrawal of authorization and large fines in the event of an offense, prohibition of former police officers and gendarmes from entering the profession before 5 years after stopping the trade.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/05/09, 15:55

I saw by chance the last report on "industrial espionage" in an activity zone in the 62.

The "barbouse" in question was a grandpa hired (we say "infiltrator", that's more James Bond) in the company to keep an eye on the employees and detect a possible leak. For plum tails since they were stupidly former employees who had changed employers and had taken their know-how and some documents.
Frankly, if this boss had good relations with his employees, he would have known immediately who recruited those who left him
- And Roger, how is he doing? Have you heard from him since he left?
"Roger? For sure, he quickly relocated to So-and-so. It even seems that he did not have to look, So-and-so made him a proposal as soon as he knew he was leaving us.
- : Idea: TILT

In short, nothing to shout at the cops on this subject.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 14/05/09, 17:43

Christophe wrote:Do you think that in the small villages where 90% of people lived 200 or 300 years ago, we were no more watched than now? Everyone knew almost everything about everyone ... and trade and conflicts were ... daily!

The current difference is that we "anonymize" this cop (we know that you are being watched, but not by whom), that we merchant and politicize it. There it becomes serious ....

+1 and I would add, to answer Christine that what is worrying is that there is interaction between the police, general information, banking organizations, administrative services, ... etc, whose info must in principle remain CONFIDENTIAL, with people who provide information privately, which is INADMISSIBLE!

And I would add that it is those who have access to information who can manipulate citizens, opinion, it is those who have the power and who seek to keep it at all costs.

Because there it can go much further than village gossip, with all the excesses that one can imagine, especially today.
There are laws that protect privacy, in fact they are violated daily by the representatives of the law, it is also in this that it is very serious because there is an trivialization of the violation of rights.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/05/09, 19:17

In particular: we do not pay the official with black money
we don't pay black with money in the bank
in short, black is black!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be