M6: tonight in CAPITAL, ecology theme "

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: M6: tonight in CAPITAL ecology theme "

by biomethane » 22/01/07, 12:29

jean63 wrote:Capital: California: rush for solar panels
Summary
California is currently experiencing a clean energy revolution: within twelve years, according to the decision of Governor Schwarzenegger, 1/5 of the state's electricity will come from solar panels. Suffice to say that American solar companies, like Powerlight or Sunpower, are waging a merciless trade war ...

To make Americans ecological, you just have to tell them that it pays off. They will all get started.

jean63 wrote:
Capital: Patagonia: the king of the eco-friendly
Summary
Yvon Chouinard, a former cool baba, made a fortune by creating his clothing brand "Patagonia". His California-based company employs 1200 “green” workers and makes sweaters from recycled plastic, organic cotton T-shirts, etc. A pioneer in the sector, which has made ecology rhyme with profit.

A question:
The plastic bottles are made of PVC.
Textiles are polyester.
How do you transform PVC into polyester?
0 x
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 22/01/07, 12:41

jean63 wrote:Summary
Ecology has become a selling point. Sorting waste, recycling materials, non-polluting cleaning products, solar energy ... Green multinationals are flourishing on the planet. But what reality is hidden behind the name "organic"? What are the pitfalls to avoid ? Why has household waste become very profitable for some?

Capital: California: rush for solar panels
Summary
California is currently experiencing a clean energy revolution: within twelve years, according to the decision of Governor Schwarzenegger, 1/5 of the state's electricity will come from solar panels. Suffice to say that American solar companies, like Powerlight or Sunpower, are waging a merciless trade war ...

This quest for the economy borders on obsession a little, with this Californian company that uses an elevator that stops one storey out of three.

Me, being a purist and eco-obsessional, I would do better, for them :-)
In the toilets, do not send the "residual materials" to the sewers, but to methane digesters under the building.
With this we would make methane to make electricity and thus supply the building independently.
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 22/01/07, 14:35

Biomethane said
To make Americans ecological, you just have to tell them that it pays off. They will all get started

It's not just the Americans. "Money is the sinews of war"
With your nickname, I imagine you have it all at home: rainwater recovery, recovery of toilet evacuators for methane production as well as manure from your cows : Lol:, that your roof is filled with solar and photovoltaic collectors .... etc ???
freddau wrote:Um,
a purely financial reasoning on energy, is it a good thing ??

No, but it is obvious that if the solar collectors for domestic hot water, the installation of a low temperature underfloor heating (supplied by a wood pellet boiler) .. etc ... are good + expensive to purchase than the installation of electric heating by convectors + an electric hot water tank (although as electricity is supplied by nuclear power plants (80% in France) which do not emit CO2, we would almost end up forgetting the DANGERS of nuclear power and its waste, which we do not know what to do with.

It is obvious that money is always at the center of decisions during construction. I saw this 20 years ago when I built my wooden house and decided to put a low temperature underfloor heating by circulating water. (cost: boiler + installation of floor pipes + floor radiators + network of copper pipes supplying the floor and radiators = 100 F when there was a maximum of 000f with electric convectors). I chose the 30000st solution and I worked a lot in my house and on cars to compensate for the additional cost linked to this choice. What not everyone can do for various reasons (time, handyman or not, etc.).

But this choice is only made in a very small number of cases. So go around the subdivisions and ask people who have been building for 10 to 20 years, what do they use for heating?

Christophe =>
it would be nice to do a survey in this forum on this subject ! "what type of heating do you use?"
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/01/07, 03:47

Certainly not! And it is not the first time that I say it ... :|
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 23/01/07, 12:35

jean63 wrote:Biomethane said
To make Americans ecological, you just have to tell them that it pays off. They will all get started

It's not just the Americans. "Money is the sinews of war"
With your username, I imagine you have it all at home : recuperation of rainwater, recuperation of WC drains for methane production as well as manure from your cows : Lol:, that your roof is filled with solar and photovoltaic collectors .... etc ???

My site explains my name: :-)
http://biomethane.free.fr

And I plan to set up a company to develop all of this !!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/01/07, 13:00

Woodcutter wrote:

Certainly not! And it is not the first time that I say it ... :|

I totally agree with the principle and I myself was disgusted to see all the money spent on nuclear power plants; I wondered "how many solar panels, thermal and photovoltaic collectors could be installed.
Since I read the explanations in figures of JM Jancovici on the growing energy needs in his book "the full SVP", I understood that it is impossible to produce all the necessary energy by renewable energies: he explains very well what represents in% the production of electricity by wind turbines or dams.
It is true that Schwartzy in California wants to produce 1/5 th of the electricity by photovoltaic panels: it is very good in the intention, but in reality what will it be?
Explain to me how to motivate people who can't make ends meet to install solar collectors to make domestic hot water when we see the cost of purchase and installation compared to the installation of a simple 100 or 200 liter tank with electric heating.

I'm going to eat, I keep going back.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
biomethane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by biomethane » 23/01/07, 14:43

jean63 wrote:

1/5 of the state's electricity will come from solar panels. !!! I can hardly believe it, but it is Schwartzy the ecologist who pulls the strings, if he is as effective as in his films it should do it !!!

What is certain is that it would boost the manufacturing of photovoltaic collectors (and the other techniques already seen mentioned somewhere in econology ???), and perhaps bring prices down. The 2 big American competitors are on it: POWERLIGHY and SUNPOWER.

it may be possible if we do thermal solar with the deserts they have in California.
Did Governator make it clear, (photovoltaic or photothermal). ?
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 23/01/07, 16:04

biomethane wrote:it may be possible if we do thermal solar with the deserts they have in California.
Did Governator make it clear, (photovoltaic or photothermal). ?

Well, it seems that we are going in the direction of thermal solar (sterling?): http://www.enerzine.com/1/12+usa-nouvel ... ique+.html
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/01/07, 17:48

Yes ... provided take into account ALL costs...

Currently this is not the case ... of course ...
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/01/07, 19:50

biomethane wrote:A question:
The plastic bottles are made of PVC.
Textiles are polyester.
How do you transform PVC into polyester?

Réponse:
since the beginning of 1997, all the ore carriers have invested heavily in PET, and only regional spring waters continue to use PVC (all Cristaline uses PET).
here

PET (polyethylene terephthalate) is a plastic from the group of polyesters. It is produced from petroleum or natural gas. PET is light, unbreakable and 100% recyclable.
here
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)