Europe in 2025. What happiness!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 23/11/08, 12:23

I see it quite calmly.
You need leaders for change and if the leaders are sensible and calm, it can happen without major problems of violence.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/08, 12:45

The goal of aspiring leaders is to become leaders, it's the only change they want.
It is in relation to this central point that the validity of the study rests, which is content to prolong current trends.

Otherwise the future does not exist, by definition, depends only on our actions, that is to say little if we rely on a delegation of decision for the benefit of "leaders".

As for waiting for the "salvation" of an extraordinary personality, even if it could have worked more or less in rare cases, it is an extremely dangerous solution in itself.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 23/11/08, 12:48

I will surely make react more than one with my pessimistic remarks, but I think that the main problem of humans is overcrowding.
today 6 billion and tomorrow 9 billion men on the planet, it can only go wrong, the worst is to be feared.
there won't be enough for everyone ...
For a biotope to work you need predators. When they are absent it is the species itself which regulates it by lack of food or by elimination of the weakest.
I think that even if man has the power to reflect he does not escape the rules of nature ...
Anyway, isn't that a bit what's going on today?
2/3 of the planet is dying of hunger so that the remaining third live well. For this third there is no question of sharing at the risk of ending up in the other 2 thirds.
it's stupid but I think it's been 5000 years that it works like that.
the human is called to disappear. now what will be the therm of this epic?
the answer is in our hands ...
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/11/08, 17:15

Christophe wrote:I (and I am far from alone) think that we are in a pivotal period of major evolution in society ... which will pass from a society of selfish overexploitation based on the survival instincts of man to a society more respectful of its environment, in the broad sense, that is to say other humans understood!

If it is done without violence it would be a first in the history of humanity ... now, is a stock market crash violence? Somehow yes ...

+ 200
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/11/08, 17:30

boubka wrote:I will surely make react more than one with my pessimistic remarks, but I think that the main problem of humans is overcrowding.
today 6 billion and tomorrow 9 billion men on the planet, it can only go wrong, the worst is to be feared.
there won't be enough for everyone ...
For a biotope to work you need predators. When they are absent it is the species itself which regulates it by lack of food or by elimination of the weakest.
I think that even if man has the power to reflect he does not escape the rules of nature ...
Anyway, isn't that a bit what's going on today?
2/3 of the planet is dying of hunger so that the remaining third live well. For this third there is no question of sharing at the risk of ending up in the other 2 thirds.
it's stupid but I think it's been 5000 years that it works like that.
the human is called to disappear. now what will be the therm of this epic?
the answer is in our hands ...

The whole of humanity is governed on this small planet, by 10% of the population made up (the 10%) of monsters of selfishness without limits!

Everything else (or almost) is blank! from the point of view that occupies me :?

There remains the higher dimension which She knows what we need and when we need it…

The rest will prove it to you (no, I am not witness to any church or community, singular)
There are people on this earth who since their birth "feel" things of a spiritual order, I place myself, delicately, in this category ...

Lao Tzu says: [b] "He who knows how to be satisfied will always have what is necessary.
Whoever invented the boat also invented the shipwreck. "[/ B]

But also and there I stop: "Forms and things manifest themselves to one who is not attached to his own being. In his movements he is like water; in his rest he is like a mirror, and in his responses he is like water. 'echo."
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/11/08, 17:36

It is obviously tempting to explain everything from a single factor, here the population. This process has the merit of simplicity, in the absence of accuracy. Unfortunately it is the accuracy which is interesting ...

You say: "I think that even if man has the power to think, he does not escape the rules of nature ..."

By these rules of nature you specify that it is about a demographic regulation taking place, I quote: "by lack of food or by elimination of the weakest". However, human specificity is what is radically opposed to nature, ie culture.
The demography can be controlled by other ways than those which you advance: in China it was done in an authoritarian way, in other countries the demographic transition was done more gradually.

Of course we could find many examples going in your direction, and you cite some of them, but that would only be to underline the state of incompletion of this culture.
The "law of the jungle" applies particularly in the economic field, which is why it would be urgent, not to "moralize" the economy (as some illusionists claim to want to use it), but to get out of the economy, to stop submitting to its dictates.

What you then say about the distribution of food on a global scale involves several confusions or approximations.
First of all, the confiscation of resources by a minority at the expense of a majority does not only concern the food resource, but all the resources as a whole (roughly 20% of humanity has 80% of the resources) .

You specify that the third party beneficiary, thanks to this, lives "well". I'm not so sure, having plenty of food is not in itself a guarantee of good health. I would not insist on this point, because it is the implicit concept which is hidden behind this innocuous expression which poses problem.
From the moment we accept that "living well" leads to the plundering of the planet and that this model is offered to the rest of the world (who accepts it), it is very certain that this way of life is untenable.

To come back to demography, the main problem does not seem to me the numerical increase in the populations of the south, but increasing pressure from populations in the north with decreasing numbers.

Finally, and it is an imprecision, you say that it has been 5000 years that it is so. It is true that the balance of power is largely decisive, but in recent decades the influence of the most powerful countries on the dominated countries has greatly increased, due to globalization and the financialization of trade via unilateral agreements imposed under the WTO.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 23/11/08, 18:21

well seen Ahmed
my reasoning is a bit simplistic but there is truth. at least on overcrowding
now as i said the future and in our hands
we don't know what revolution will be the future
solutions ? of course there are .... hopelessly no life.
but to believe that humanity is one day united is in my humble opinion of utopia

ps: sorry am a little negative right now
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/11/08, 18:41

Sorry to point out: that apparently 5000 years ago and still it is still relatively to our moribund and decadent Western point of view….

I do not believe that one can affirm that the Indians in India, 5000 years ago lived as we believe it…

In writings dating back 4.000 years, things have been described which challenge the understanding of our "best scientists". : Cheesy:

Just as in different places remains vestiges which are so many question marks to which we cannot answer other than by "ready-made answers" ... see the pyramids in Egypt and then ask the question, just not how , but also why and with what technical means ??? :?

For my part, I think that we know almost NOTHING about our ancestors and anyway, history has taught us nothing. : Cry:

By opening both eyes and especially the heart, men would understand that animals have a lot to learn from them. : Idea:
0 x

Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 23/11/08, 18:52

boubka wrote:well seen Ahmed
my reasoning is a bit simplistic but there is truth. at least on overcrowding
now as i said the future and in our hands
we don't know what revolution will be the future
solutions ? of course there are .... hopelessly no life.
but to believe that humanity is one day united is in my humble opinion of utopia

ps: sorry am a little negative right now

Hmm, that hadn't escaped us : Cheesy:

The future is not the fruit of our present :?:

So let's cultivate positive thoughts .....
:P
0 x

oliburn
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by oliburn » 23/11/08, 19:03

Christophe wrote:We do not have to accept by crossing our arms!

no ... we can also accept by crossing our arms !!! :|
0 x
Be your own torch, your own refuge, your own master ... "