KILL YOUR TV !!!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
gouttedo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

KILL YOUR TV !!!

by gouttedo » 30/10/08, 12:53

Summary of the file: "television, social control at home" available on the page:
http://www.keny-arkana.com/desobeissance
This digest was made by a friend:

“I only have one life, I will not watch it pass, by proxy, in front of a television set !!! "

After a day of work and more than three hours in front of the station, the time devoted to social, civic life, to creation can only be marginal, if not non-existent.
TV criticism cannot therefore be limited to its content and must go beyond it to question the media as such.
Television has this particular compared to the other media that it leaves the spectator completely passive. The flickering of the image generates a hypnotic phenomenon, we watch television, we listen to it little. It avoids us to reflect, to ask ourselves existential questions.

WORK, SLEEP and… WATCH THE TV:

After exercising a professional activity and sleeping, watching TV is the third occupation of Westerners. It is by far the 3st domestic activity, no household appliance had managed to introduce itself so quickly and massively. Besides, his presence no longer surprises, on the contrary it is his absence that surprises. In most homes the television has an exceptional status, the layout of the living room is done according to the position and not to form a friendly circle ... Many turn on their TV out of habit, without having the will, by automation .
Centrality, omnipresence, dictate, the place of the small screen has dramatic consequences ...

ISOLATED TELEPHONE, CONTAINED, ALIENE ...

She largely participated in the movement of withdrawal on oneself which developed since the advent of the consumer society. Enclosed in its small comfort, captivated by the cathode ray tube, passivity sets in. Looking at this bluish window puts the intellect to sleep, it works like an anesthetic on which we depend quickly. The viewer loses his capacity, his personal power of reflection. The continuous flow of images interrupts and prevents communication and reflection ...
The incessant outpouring of images provokes an immediate adhesion, the real becomes what we see. However if there is no distance between the real and the seen, there is no possible judgment, therefore no need for politics ... Television generates a depoliticization of the world, the one who always looks to know the rest will never act, the individual is convinced of his helplessness in the face of his time. The reality of the established order imposes itself, immutable.
Television makes reality, an event only becomes new if television takes hold of it and as soon as television no longer shows anything on the question, there are no more questions! It has taken on such importance that reality corresponds for the majority of the population to what it transmits. An event in order to exist must be broadcast, so is only visible (real) what we are willing to show us> the balcony effect: everything is transmitted in the mode of participation in a reality while concealing that there is devices, framing, editing, a set of constraints which meant that on site we would certainly not have seen the same thing. It is an effect that suggests that what we see through the small screen is reality, which the viewer would witness. We are in no case attending an event but one of its representations. Television by its principle obscures analysis, even does not allow understanding.

A HEGEMONIC MODEL:

In a few decades, TV has become the dominant medium (70% of the population use only this source of information), it occupies space and relegates the other media to subordinate functions which, in order to survive, have integrated the standards of the small screen: search for scoop, superficiality, conformism, play with emotion ... By its power of diffusion, the TV poses a real problem for the world of written journalism and for the cultural world.
The mainstream press has abandoned its intellectual role to position itself on the television field, no theme will become a priority if TV does not take it over.

The political class quickly understood the interest which it could draw from a “good” exploitation of this media. The small screen has become the central element of political life, it has dictated its rules to it. You have to persuade in front of the camera, have simple ideas, easy to explain. The political debate, which a minority has monopolized, is now close to ZERO, made of short sentences, thunderous statements, behaviors staged to seduce ...

TELEVISION AND CHILDHOOD:

A place that no one disputes ... Television has become the main medium for children, the brightness of the screen attracts the baby from the first months, it very quickly takes ownership of the device which becomes its favorite distraction. Switching on the station becomes a reflex, the screen holds the child and grabs him. By his hegemony in leisure, the small screen prevents him from devoting himself to other activities more enriching and essential to his personal development. Television spreads a subculture that permeates children's games and behaviors, the imagination is invaded by television references: pubs, cartoons, series ... It frames the imagination and leaves no space for originality and personality. By investing all its spaces of solitude and boredom, it does not let the child go to daydream and prevents its imagination from developing, a condition however necessary for its development.
Television has become an effective agent of integration into the consumer society, it influences children's choices, makes them sing their slogans, recite the dialogues of advertising spots, transforms them into consumers by creating mimetic desires.
At 12 years old, a child will have seen an average of 100 advertisements…

“Television shapes beings cast in the same mold:
same desires, same memories… it's a form of totalitarianism !!! "

Of course, children who are denied television will be frustrated with their friends. So what ? A child is built in conflict and frustration, it's the only way to build a personality !!!

TURN OFF YOUR TELE and LIFE (RE) WILL BEGIN !!!
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 30/10/08, 13:40

This is a very good initiative. We don't have telephones at home and we are missing nothing - I have even stopped reading newspapers since they were bought by economic groups. You have to stop being affected by fast food information and choose for yourself how you want to spend your free time. This is precisely the problem of the current crisis: If it really starts with serious problems our social ties have been destroyed by our way of life and we have no relationships to organize ourselves in collectivity.
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
chrisleblay
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chrisleblay » 30/10/08, 17:27

my testimony:
18 years that I have no television and I listen practically that CD that I buy.
No desire to have one.
The mind (and criticism) regains its rights quickly when we have more.

A+
chris
0 x
recup
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by recup » 30/10/08, 18:39

two years since i have tv
since I read 99 francs (criticism of the consumer society)
I have more time for the family, more communication in the couple, more social life.
I fully agree with gouttedo
I just don't quite agree with the child; mine is not frustrated because the time I spend watching TV, I spend with him playing, reading, tinkering ............. so it is a winner.

recup
0 x
Jaydi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jaydi » 30/10/08, 23:02

recup wrote:two years since i have tv
since I read 99 francs (criticism of the consumer society)

Uh ... yeah, at the same time you have to see who wrote this book (which I haven't read, I admit). Indeed, seeing an advertiser / TV host writing a book criticizing the consumer society is as enjoyable as hearing the electoral promises of politicians ... but it often has no credibility.
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 31/10/08, 06:24

TV not TV, it's a backyard fight for young people.
Now it is in front of the computer that they spend more time.
Is it more social?
Personally I think they know very well how to share things as long as we explain them.
Very young, I watched a lot of TV, now I'm not very interested.
People who are stupid in front of the TV would be elsewhere and would not participate more in social life.
TV is a vector but does not create morons.
0 x
gouttedo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gouttedo » 31/10/08, 07:13

Television is a weapon of mass manipulation, we can find one or two interesting channels, the only real way to fight is boycott :!:
Unlike the Internet you are free to read what you want, the time you want, you are not asleep, and above all you can find non-intoxicated information : Cheesy:
0 x
Jaydi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jaydi » 31/10/08, 13:05

However, it is difficult to trust "obscure" websites more than certain television channels. The net also carries a lot of rumors, erroneous information, even disinformation.
In my opinion, the only solution remains to operate these neurons at full speed rather than letting our television or our pc do it for us.
To come back to this a little more, it is sure that television is not the best for social life, but you should not throw the baby out with the bathwater, the whole thing is to know use it with reason.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/08, 14:04

Disagree! It's not TV that must kill !! There are very interesting cultural channels !!! It is the people who must be educated and teach them that these channels exist!

Arte (FRANCO GERMAN CHANNEL LESS ORIENTED AND WITHOUT PUB FOR RECALL), La 5, Panete, discorvery Channel ... to name only the best known! FR2 and FR3 also make good broadcasts and reporting: further investigation, special envoy, exhibits, infrared ... etc etc ...

On the other hand, the TV settings should be reprogrammed so that TF1 no longer appears in "1" by default but on channel 625 (for example) ... : Mrgreen:

Some TVs even turn on by default on TF1 ... : Evil: : Evil:
So it suffices that your remote control is HS for you are condemned to watch that TF1 Image

Small example in image of the power of stupidity of the media: https://www.econologie.com/societe-de-co ... -3975.html
and the related debate: https://www.econologie.com/forums/une-france ... t6453.html
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 31/10/08, 17:46

Christophe wrote:Disagree! It's not TV that must kill !! There are very interesting cultural channels !!! It is the people who must be educated and teach them that these channels exist!

Arte (FRANCO GERMAN CHANNEL LESS ORIENTED AND WITHOUT PUB FOR RECALL), La 5, Panete, discorvery Channel ... to name only the best known! FR2 and FR3 also make good broadcasts and reporting: further investigation, special envoy, exhibits, infrared ... etc etc ...

+1

Personally, I always had the TV (already at my parents) but prohibition to have it in the kitchen and meal all together, prohibition to have it in the room ....

I never really felt like a slave, I never considered having lost my analytical and critical mind by looking at it as much as we have other media at hand (radios, newspapers, newspapers free, news websites, discussion of forums, etc.).

Personally I think it is a good tool but like any tool, you have to read the manual.

If we stop at page 1:
- I turn on the car on TF1 and I see PPD, pernault telling their salad then to analyze and better understand I look at the star ac ', the island of temptation, football matches and all the other bullshit of the same kind ....

It's a bit fair i think : Shock:

If we go a little further in the manual this can be useful.
0 x