Olympics: did the Olympic flame go out in Paris?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 08/04/08, 08:50

The original flame is kept safe in a miner's lamp that goes out at the end of the games ... the torch that is balladée is secondary and is to compare to the basins that were lit in some countries. ..
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 08/04/08, 09:08

Exactly, the rest is cinema.

That's why they should have left the flame worn by the athletes, circulate normally; there was no attempt to extinguish the flame at any time, unlike in London where there was an attempt with a fire extinguisher.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 08/04/08, 09:16

in all these democratic countries, there is not a hacker who could flood the chinese computer of real video of these fiasco ????
to fuck shit these idle yet find the energy, even deviated military satellites! : Shock:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 08/04/08, 09:53

Hydraxon wrote:it's okay, don't play it "why are they banning the Tibetan flag, isn't it a protest banner?"

We all know that this flag is a support for the independence of Tibet (Tibet is indeed de facto annexed - it is not fair but it is not questionable). Now the IOC rule has been for quite some time to prohibit brandishing during the events it organizes flags that are not those of countries registered with the IOC, to avoid the presence of any flag that would be somehow a declaration of independence. This is the way the Corsican flag and the Tibetan flag are banned, because the IOC refuses to use its events for such claims.

I can answer you more or less the same thing: it's okay, don't play it "the CIO doesn't want". Are we at CIOLand here? Is it the IOC who dictates the laws?
Personally, I bang royally of these Olympics.
De Coubertin's idea of ​​a great renewal between peoples when he created the 1ers of the modern Olympic Games is long forgotten.
Now, only the competition, the image, the records counts. Rather than bringing peoples together, these Olympics are an outlet for peoples' aggression towards each other. A kind of war without deaths.
The proof: on what do we judge successful Olympics? On the number of beautiful gestures, fair play? On solidarity images between athletes?
Of course not, only count the harvest in medals.

Short. That sportsmen go to stand in front of torturers during an event which the rest of their career may depend on, I am able to understand and excuse it.
That the bogus rules of an organization corrupted by the international business come to take precedence over the laws of the republic not to offend the Chinese, I do not agree.

It is a little as if this flame supposed to diffuse "the Olympic spirit" on its passage, rather diffused the liberticidal spirit of Pekin.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 10:08

martien007 wrote:I do not talk about Nazis, it's obsessive about you.

Calm ... Ben you are referring to this topic where we spoke ... so it's a little boost a comparison that I should not have done ... that's all ...

Democracies like ours, many countries of this EARTH would like to have, I believe.

But where do I say the opposite? I'm just saying that there isother countries where we close our eyes as much as with China... the USA in the lead.

Do you want to talk about the Patriot Act or the life of Muslims in the US since 9 / 11?

There is Africa too ... these dictatorships are set up and maintained essentially to enable us rich countries to better loot their resources.

About this and exactly in the same psychology to always blame the otherThis is the first time that we made the link between genocide and oil .... As luck would have it not for us but it was the fault of the Chinese involved in the crisis in Darfur / Sudan. ..I am not saying that they are not, but that we have no lesson to give on this point.

On the other hand, the Rwandan genocide or France has a great responsibility, we do not talk about it very much and especially years after the facts ...

We can also talk about the Tuareg war that is currently going south of the Atlas to maintain and increase the exploitation by France (Areva?) Uranium resources in the region ...

But I go astray ... it's probably also the fault of the Chinese ... : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 04 / 08, 10: 34, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 10:28

martien007 wrote:That's why they should have left the flame worn by the athletes, circulate normally; there was no attempt to extinguish the flame at any time, unlike in London where there was an attempt with a fire extinguisher.

I feel a bit of chauvinism in your words ... Ben in London they have not canceled everything ... or almost like in Paris ... yes?

Well I wish we stopped this polemic of the flame ... anyway it is very far from econology ...

ps: Maloche, I think it is powered by butane / propane or kerozen (liquid zippo?) ... natural gas we would not see enough ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/04/08, 12:22

Ah, to cheer everybody up a bit and let go of this masquerade of JO ...

http://www.foodbuzz.com/blogs/nl/nether ... tian-pizza

Where you will have the recipe for a good allsssacienne pitsssa! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 12:25

Pfff Alsatian pizza !! Whatever !! Another English-speaking invention at 2 balls ...

Shit the traditions it respects itself !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Then you could find a site in french huh!

ps: and first your accent it is not beautiful : Mrgreen:
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 08/04/08, 14:03

What an idea also to let the Chinese rule the Olympic flame in Paris. When the flame crosses France, it would be normal for it to be under French responsibility. It is not because they sell us their products that we must accept that they behave as if they were the masters at home, even if the Westerners did not give them a good example 2 centuries ago .
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/04/08, 14:22

Toutafé cuicui but how was the other Olympics?
And in the other countries now? I do not think this is a specific case in France if?
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."