Olympics: did the Olympic flame go out in Paris?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/04/08, 18:37

Was there a Flame Küche?

A kitchen that burns : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/08, 18:46

Pfff takakliké !!

The Halsaschians of forum do not like what you're saying huh! Hopla!
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 07/04/08, 18:51

Yes the Chinese media do not show the problems with the flame.

But do our media show us all ??
kind: the war of Lebanon, the problems in Ivory Coast ... I do not know.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/08, 18:58

Well the Chinese are not rosy but they are far from being the only ones ... look at the USA and the bush "anti terror" policy allowing abuse as much as the Chinese !!

To my knowledge, China does not have invaded country for a "while" time ... unlike the USA ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/04/08, 20:58

Well the Chinese are not rosy but they are far from being the only ones ... look at the USA and the bush "anti terror" policy allowing abuse as much as the Chinese !!

Yes, well, go and settle in China with your site and this forum and you will see how much time you hold before being imprisoned.

We can not compare. The Chinese have a problem of FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION you can not compare these 2 countries.

In the USA you will see tomorrow how the Californians are going to manisfest the passage of the flame, they also began to pose banners on the big bridge of San Francisco of evening; and you think Michael Moore could have done the movies he did if he was in China.

I do not have the impression that you do not imagine what it is to be forbidden to speak: it is already a prison. In China, there are gulags equivalent to those in the USSR in which people are forced to work to produce products sold later to the West.

Of course, the US is not clear in the world, but it is their Bush-type leaders who control the outside attacks.

The Chinese people and Tibetans will one day revolt.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/08, 21:09

Do not confuse 2 things:

a) the case of tibet
(b) the restriction of internal freedoms in China

I think that a) is minimized (especially the past of the Chinese exactions because there was a real Tibetan genocide) and that the b) is exaggerated ...

You like to compare the current Chinese to the Nazis, so where are the extermination camps? Where are the tortures and summary executions and especially where is his conquering army?

Frankly there are comparisons that I have trouble swallowing ...

China is certainly the world champion of incarcerations and death penalty executed in absolute value but what about reported to the total population?

As for OUR freedom of expression, pkoi do you think that I decided to create (or rather been forced so much we made fun of me in relation to doping) this site? Our world is no longer "democratic" (to be defined) than the Chinese world in appearance ... don't forget where you come from ... and your 1st posts here ...

Be careful, far from me the idea of ​​defending the behavior of the Chinese leaders, simply we must put into perspective compared to other situations ... China is far from being the only big "bad villain" in the world
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/04/08, 23:45

You like to compare the current Chinese to the Nazis, so where are the extermination camps? Where are the tortures and summary executions and especially where is his conquering army?

You're delirious, it's you who spoke of Nazis and resistance in the other thread that I will find:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/tibet-un-p ... t5116.html

I do not talk about Nazis, it's obsessive about you.

Our world is no longer "democratic" (to be defined) than the Chinese world except in appearance ...

Democracies like ours, many countries of this EARTH would like to have, I believe.

Moreover to realize what is happening in China in the countryside, just watch this report:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/chine-une- ... t5152.html

And tonight at the FR3 David Douillet news after seeing what was said and shown to the Chinese flame in Paris (no problem), said his regret that the Olympics were given in Beijing. After having managed to carry the flame and when it had to transmit it to the following, a Chinese guardian of the flame extinguished it for no reason - no threat any close to Douillet -

http://jt.france3.fr/soir3/
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 08/04/08, 00:33

it's okay, don't play it "why are they banning the Tibetan flag, isn't it a protest banner?"

We all know that this flag is a support for the independence of Tibet (Tibet is indeed de facto annexed - it is not fair but it is not questionable). Now the IOC rule has been for quite some time to prohibit brandishing during the events it organizes flags that are not those of countries registered with the IOC, to avoid the presence of any flag that would be somehow a declaration of independence. This is the way the Corsican flag and the Tibetan flag are banned, because the IOC refuses to use its events for such claims.

about the Nazis, it reminds me that there had been organized Olympics. The French being the only athletes coming from a democratic country who still made the Nazi salute. And Hitler was mad with rage when a black athlete won a race. The Chinese are less stupid, they will not take such a snub.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/04/08, 08:34

Here, moreover

What is the Olympic flame? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 08/04/08, 08:42

This morning the IOC accuses the demonstrators; we must not tell the nice Chinese that they do not respect human rights, that's not good.

Money, nothing but money, they are all rotten by the big clutches of the IOC; they had to be redeemed a 2th time by the Chinese rulers to say such a thing (hate towards the Chinese ! it is they who hate the Tibetans and despise their peasants by stealing their land)

For the IOC, protesters hate China

A senior official of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on Tuesday condemned protestors in Beijing who disrupted the passage of the flame in London and Paris, believing that they acted out of hate from China.

"We are extremely desperate," said Kevan Gosper, vice-chairman of the IOC Games Coordination Commission, stressing that the flame was being taken to task by those seeking to express their opposition to China.

"They just express their hatred whatever the topic on the agenda, and the hatred against the host country falls on our torch", he said.

Gosper also called the protesters "professional disturbers".

The organizers of the Olympics "have put in a huge effort to prepare for one of the greatest games of all time," he said.

"And these disruptors, these professional disruptors, do not pay attention to that. They are just animated by hatred and resentment", estimated this senior official of the IOC.

"These organized events are an abuse of the Olympic torch, which is the symbol of goodwill, peace, understanding and excellence in sport," he said.

The organizing committee of the Beijing Olympic Games (Bocog) for its part affirmed that "no force" will be able to stop the Olympic flame despite the incidents in Paris and London.

"The Olympic torch journey will continue with the support of people around the world," Bocog spokesman Sun Weide told reporters.

"No force can stop the course of the Olympic flame of the Beijing Games," he added.

Throughout the day on Monday the Olympic torch route in Paris was disrupted by pro-Tibetan protesters who forced the organizers to interrupt the relay before its term, turning the day into a real fiasco after a London stage heckled.

The Olympic flame took off Monday night from Paris to San Francisco, its next step.

Pro-Tibetan protesters harassed the Olympic torchbearers in Paris on Monday, forcing the Chinese organizers to interrupt the relay before its end and turning the day into a fiasco after a London stage already rushed.

Despite a very strong police presence, Chinese organizers, harassed by activists since the departure of the Eiffel Tower at midday have decided to cancel the last relays and to convey the flame by bus to his place of arrival , Charléty stadium, in the south of the capital. At least one person, a TV cameraman, was injured in the clashes.

The Olympic Flame left France Monday night for San Francisco (USA) where three pro-Tibet militants, before its arrival, climbed shrouds of the famous Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. They deployed, once hoisted to the right height, a Tibetan flag and a banner saying "one world, one dream, free Tibet" (one world, one dream, free Tibet). The torch route in the California metropolis has already been shortened, and the city is preparing to deploy unprecedented security measures.
0 x

Back to "Media & News: TV shows, reports, books, news ..."