Should it turn its flagship day

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/09/06, 23:43

Hello,
it's worse than that it recommends the pilots to turn on the landing lights in daylight at the landing (you would notice it at all the major airports even for small planes.) The reason it keeps the birds away, I do not know. I do not have a lighthouse I turn on nothing, the birds are crowded, just the deer he does not even deign to lift his head when we pass them on the bun, while he graze at the end of the track.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/08/07, 14:39

Keep an info that revives the debate:

Philips Automotive invests in Chartres

Philips is investing 4 million euros in R&D and production in Chartres for the development of production of HiPerVision bulbs. This investment results from the desire to anticipate the implementation of European regulations on the daytime switching on of dipped beam headlights or lights specially designed for this purpose, DRL (Day Running Light, in French, daytime running lights) .

HiPerVision is a new generation of car bulbs, whose manufacturing technique is derived from that of cathode ray tubes. The lamps are designed to have the same life as the vehicle and their use requires about 80% less energy than traditional high beams. They are made from recyclable materials and their weight is less. In addition, their volume is lower than traditional automotive bulbs, which means that the size of the front and rear headlight blocks is reduced.

If manufacturers invest it is because it "will pass" ... :|

Source: http://www.auto-innovations.com/actualite/904.html
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/08/07, 18:01

If I am not mistaken, they are discharge lamps, right?

Spare part price: 150 euros and it takes a ballast.
It increases again by how much the cost of cars ???

(ordinary halogen lamp: 8 to 12 euros)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac

by zac » 07/08/07, 18:56

elephant wrote:It increases again by how much the cost of cars ???

It does not matter that has more to buy there are plenty everywhere, gratis, that can still serve.

With the hours of work saved, which will no longer be needed to pay for new ones, have a lot of nice stuff : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 07/08/07, 22:59

Zac said:

It does not matter that has more to buy there are plenty everywhere, gratis, that can still serve.

Bof! If you are willing to carry my tools and my ladder, may talk about it again :D :D :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Other

by Other » 07/08/07, 23:45

Hello

All cars in North America rolls headlight on, it is imposed on the manufacturer, when we put the contact the front headlights turn on automatically, the back light comes on with the night automatically, we finished that we think more to that
we turn the key and that's it.
It is forbidden under pain of a fine to ride with the parking lights, in the evening in a city lit.
Only old cars have the possibility to control the lighthouses.
Foreign cars must be modified to be sold in America

Andre
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 08/08/07, 06:43

I roll the headlights on, because I realized that when you pass between areas of shadows made by trees, and areas of sunlight, it happens that at times, the vehicle is not really visible, especially if it is dark in color. For me, it is a sizeable security to be seen people who double on the country roads (with my vehicle very dark color)!

And, I confess that I did it a lot of time before we were obliged or encouraged!

On the other hand, use the lighthouses on the highway, it is true that I do not see too much the utility ...
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 08/08/07, 08:42

Hello everybody

I find that imposing on everyone to consume by lighting his headlights is inadmissible
on the other hand the idea of ​​looking for lighting with lamps that do not consume or very little is obviously good but can not wait for such a measure to get started

To be well seen in the car must I impose colors + bright yellow red etc and prohibit the dark black or gray

drive in clear you will be seen
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 08/08/07, 10:42

LEDs are starting to appear here too, longer life and lower consumption. It should develop but it's still quite expensive compared to conventional bulbs.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/08/07, 00:57

Being a biker, I am against systematic ignition but I am for intelligent ignition in broad daylight as in the moors in broad daylight in the long straight lines among the pines where dark vehicles are invisible in the shade of the pines. Ditto in the rain, fog or "between dog and wolf". For this reason (among others) I prefer light cars.

I am also against the systematic ignition generator of overconsumption.
Finally, I make a very critical judgment on the quality of automotive lighting, public lighting and bright signals, very often deplorable.

Maybe one day, I'll carry an idea (to patent?) For a lighting system that does not dazzle, regardless of the setting of the headlights and requiring no electronics ... I also have some ideas about the lights tricolores, too often unreadable when the sun is reflected in or when we see them against the light ...
0 x