Reunion island: renewable energy trophy !!

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Reunion island: renewable energy trophy !!

by jean63 » 22/03/07, 00:52

Read ==>

http://www.actu-environnement.com/ae/ne ... _2338.php4

In the end, the share of renewable energies in electricity production amounted to 2006% at the end of 40 against 12% for metropolitan France. Réunion intends to increase this rate very quickly. For this, she is looking for new potentials. For example, it is considering developing a wood energy sector both for firewood and for the production of electricity via thermal power plants. It also plans to develop the production of bagasse to increase its use in power plants and is studying the possibility of recovering livestock effluents.
The meeting also turns to geothermal energy. Explorations have started and the results are rather positive: an area of ​​around 20 km2 west of Piton de la Fournaise could be an interesting geothermal reservoir. Deep drilling is planned for early 2008 to confirm the geothermal potential of the area and the feasibility of industrial exploitation.
The wave energy has also been listed as having an interesting potential near the coast of the island and an analysis of sea currents should soon be launched.

Corsica could draw inspiration from this (Oil-fired power station in the Gulf of Ajaccio which leaves its yellowish trail every night over the city and the whole Gulf: seen from my eyes).
Last edited by jean63 the 22 / 03 / 07, 09: 55, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/03/07, 09:40

It is very very good Reunion, this info is to be compared to Il e des Canaries which we talked about yesterday

However, let's keep our eyes in front of the holes:

in our latitudes: France, USA, Japan, GB, China ...

1) we have heavy industrial production
2) houses are expensive, employment unstable, so we live where we can
3) you have to warm up
4) many people are called to pay for this
to circulate (representatives, installers)
5) the prices are high and the competition lively: eg in the building customers of Bruxeles call on companies located more than 50 km pcq cheaper
6) in many places there is hardly any public transport or too rare and too unreliable
7) the demand for performance, flexibility and urgency is
extremely high
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 22/03/07, 11:06

elephant wrote:It is very very good Reunion, this info is to be compared to Il e des Canaries which we talked about yesterday

However, let's keep our eyes in front of the holes:

in our latitudes: France, USA, Japan, GB, China ...

1) we have heavy industrial production
2) houses are expensive, employment unstable, so we live where we can
3) you have to warm up
4) many people are called to pay for this
to circulate (representatives, installers)
5) the prices are high and the competition lively: eg in the building customers of Bruxeles call on companies located more than 50 km pcq cheaper
6) in many places there is hardly any public transport or too rare and too unreliable
7) the demand for performance, flexibility and urgency is
extremely high

Hello

apart from 1 and again (we build buses at the meeting among others) and 3 that must be replaced by cooling down :P :P .

it's the same with us with mountain roads and traffic jams in addition.

our only chance is the trade wind which takes shit elsewhere; but the production of pollution is probably per capita much higher than what you have in Belgium.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/03/07, 13:43

it would surprise me that your bus factory pollutes as much as our beautiful steelworks!

I chatted the other day with my brother who works in Benin
(Dahomey), his air conditioning electricity bill
is significantly lower than my heating bill (calculation made in kilowatts, not in money)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zac

by zac » 22/03/07, 18:32

Hello

elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2!

well if you heat up to 30 ° and it cools down to 30 ° too, it's normal that you eat more KWA.

everything is relative, here the rich eat kwa for air conditioning and the poor zamal or rum to sleep. so the rich pollute :P

you can heat yourself with convectors in a house that is not isolated or with a wool sweater, a comforter and a comforter; the ecological impact is not the same : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+

PS: move to the humor section
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 23/03/07, 00:41

All is relative, here the rich eat kwa for air conditioning and the poor with zamal or rum to sleep. so the rich pollute

That's what I was saying about the "rich", of which I belong (to please Christophe), but I never use air conditioning !!!

I save tons of CO2
.. should not push, otherwise I ask to reset my message counter to zero : Lol:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).